• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting No-Doz

I had a kilogram of USP caffeine powder kicking around in storage and wanted to see if it was much fun nasally... I fell asleep an hour and a half after snorting 500mg. Did about a gram nasally the next day, didn't seem to have any huge effect, the high doses maybe woke me up a little bit. Stuff's garbage as a stimulant if you ask me, at least through the nose.

Incidentally pure caffeine is really gentle on the nose

Ham-milton said:
If it's euphoric, why can't they get monkeys to self administer it? They can with everything else that induces euphoria.
Probably because humans are more 'imaginative' and euphoria is likely a lot more subjective. Even if it's "all in someone's head" it still feels good from a subjective standpoint. If someone feels energized and thus more capable and positive, that could be called euphoria. Hell, even just feeling *different* can improve one's mood sometimes.

There is no such thing as a stupid drug. Its all in perspective, some people like caffeine, some don't. Personally I don't get much from caffeine, get a buzz if I pound three Monsters one after the other but that's not worth the stomach discomfort imo. I might try snorting caffeine sometime, see if its any different.

nuke said:
I had a kilogram of USP caffeine powder kicking around in storage and wanted to see if it was much fun nasally... I fell asleep an hour and a half after snorting 500mg. Did about a gram nasally the next day, didn't seem to have any huge effect, the high doses maybe woke me up a little bit. Stuff's garbage as a stimulant if you ask me, at least through the nose.

Incidentally pure caffeine is really gentle on the nose
You prob have a high tolerance. A g of caffeine would make most people bounce off their walls... Especially in the nose!

Alright I tried it out of curiosity. Scraped the yellow coating off a Vivarin and scraped a line of powder off the pill, crushed it up good and fine. It didn't burn at all, didn't taste like anything in the drip, just got a very very mild rush and a headache. That wasn't even half a pill, more like 1/8. When I have time I'll crush up the rest of the pill and snort all of it. I remember trying this a long time ago and getting a mild rush, nothing more. I'd do it again if I needed a boost, because coffee doesn't do shit for me.

See, exactly what I'm talking about. Scraping off the coating really helps in terms of making it pleasant. I also notice that it doesn't burn at ALL.

^How the fuck do you extract Wellbutrin and what chemical properties does it have that causes this 'rush' you speak of. Does it have stimulant properties or what?

MDPVagrant said:
If y'all want a rush, try plugging/snorting extracted Wellbutrin (yah the antidepressant/anti-smoking drug). I wouldn't do more than 50mg at once. Feels like I'd imagine caffeine would if it could give a strong rush. Almost no euphoria, but the rush can knock your @ss over...

I'd like to know the answer to this too as I take 300mg Wellbutrin XL every day.

For the record, I have snorted generic caffeine pills and I thought it was a good feeling, but that was years ago. Also, if you want caffeine there's no since in buying Vivarin or no-doz.. get Jet Alert. they are small, 200mg apeice, less expensive.

Who wants to make a retrospective post with snorting various mgs of pure caffeine?

did it a few times. 1 g tablet into 2 lines. it burns like hell and make you tear sometimes. afterwards you feel a nice light headed rush for 20 minutes, and nicely awake. try eating 5 no-doz plus tablets in one go, you feel different almost instantly after taking them, following by tingly body rushes, dream like state consciousness, and a very relaxed mood.

snort or not to snort

Chew the pills and they will take effect faster than if swallowed, or shove em up your ass, lots of blood vessels there too.

I don't see why everyone here disses snorting so much. It is a really good route for caffeine!

Id really suggest not snorting Wellbutrin or plugging or whatever, its got similar components to a stimulant, chemically, and is partly why its one of the anti-d's that doesnt have sexual side effects and what not, but the threshold for seizures I would imagine would skyrocket if you are breaking that extended release, and even the normal ones, i dont think it would be a good idea. Now for those of you that did it and had fun, then thats fine i guess, but for the sake of the harm-reduction deal, id say please dont do that.

i dont dis snorting in general...but i am dissing snorting caffiene. just not worth it for me, thats all. intresting post i thought. the only amounts of caffiene i like at a time is just one or two cups of good coffee

Oh man last year at about this time I was on a cruise, and this one dude and I got totally destroyed on Valium and booze and the dude started chopping up lines of No-Doz. He offered me a line and I was like "wtf?". The moral of the story is don't snort No-Doz. There's no sense in destroying your sinuses for the sake of something that won't give you a (good) buzz. If you want to snort something to keep you awake, get some coke or some Dexedrine, or hell, even some Ritalin.