• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Snorting Methadone?

Snorting methadone does burn intensly more than anything ive tried, (feels like it solidifys up in my nose fuck that). But as for not being absorbed or whatever it absorbs perfectly fine and also provides a very nice rush, im usually feeling it within ten minutes or by the time my nose is done hurting intensly. So if you can manage to get that crap up your nose youll be pleasently surprised from the high.

Snorting, chewing, or letting it dissolve in your mouth are ALL going to burn like a motherfucker and take a while to neutralize the taste. Plus, as was mentioned, methadone has a different chemical makeup than oxy. It's designed to half a long half life and build in your system. It takes about an hour and a half to take effect. So yeah, DON'T SNORT!

I wound up on 2 litres of oxygen and having to use a combivent and symbicort inhaler for the better part of a year because I snorted up to 80 mgs, a day for 12-14 months. Almost got a Darwin award for that fiasco. To keep this short and to the point, don't snort pills especially mallincrondt 10's.
The doc says my lungs are at 80%, and I'm now a candidate for emphysema, copd, and I develop broncritis every winter.Don't do it, speaking from my personal experience.

Get the juice instead. You can freebase it right out and then smoke it - WARNING, smoking methadone is fiendish - I've seen people buying every damned take-home in town and, when you stop, what are they going to give you?

I know the thread is methadone but what about snorting Oxycodone ir. I know oral bio is way high and snorting is lower but was wondering if anybody has tried this and if so, what the effect. Thanks

I know the thread is methadone but what about snorting Oxycodone ir. I know oral bio is way high and snorting is lower but was wondering if anybody has tried this and if so, what the effect. Thanks
Better rush and feels a bit more energetic but just a waste imo, eating them will last longer and be alot better in the long run.

Snorting it? Terrible idea..The fucking BUUUURRRNNN. No thanks.

I once let a 10 dissolve on my tongue. Equally painful, and took forever to get rid of the taste.

Snorting it? Terrible idea..The fucking BUUUURRRNNN. No thanks.

I once let a 10 dissolve on my tongue. Equally painful, and took forever to get rid of the taste.
Snorting pure oxy ir doesnt burn at all. Maybe u snorted some acetaminophen or something stupid.

agree 100%, Methadone is a terrible drug, it royally threw my body into a loop,...insomnia, no good sensation at all. This synthetic replacement for H users and other drugs actually blocks the pleasure neurotransmitters so any other drug you take with it is blocked. Alcohol will make you puke too, even afetr 1 drink. Ask your doc for Dilaudid or Oxycodone, and if you have pain issues Fentnyl works very well.
I better stick up for methadone. It is soooo effective in eliminating my chronic pain, even at only 15mg daily. I love it, much better than morph or dilaudid. Wish I could try fent.

I better stick up for methadone. It is soooo effective in eliminating my chronic pain, even at only 15mg daily. I love it, much better than morph or dilaudid. Wish I could try fent.

Fentynol is okay for some depending on what manufacturer makes it. If you can get the gel patches are by far the best with the most medicine released by far then other brands/manufacturers will vary from like 2% fent released to 15% every manufacturer has their own recipe for making it. Personally I didn't like the patches they didn't work for me would fall off due to sweat so would have to tape them on. I don't know if you can still get the gel patches now days or not I was on them almost 10 years ago roughly the gel patches are way to easily abused just cut it and drink/eat the juice. Will admit I did that at times then talked with my doctor and requested to be put on something else.

Sorry to be off topic.

Wish I read this thread before. Just snorted a 10mg and it of course burned lol. I am used to my oxymorphone but the manufacturer I like/prefer doesnt have any in stock for the pharmacy to order so the doctor put me on methadone. Going to take some time to get used to taking these orally. Waiting to see how well they work but still holding out hope for my oxymorphone made by West or Roxanne or westward whatever you want to call the company. They are the only oxymorphone manufacturer that does not use lactose as a filler

Good thread but old thread. Gotta love the search function

Hi the fentanyl patches here(here is the Netherlands) are the ones who look like a square piece of plastic so no gel they can easily be abused, but maybe i ever say how for that i think fentanyl is a hands off off opiate, except for people who really need them for pain issues ofcourse.

Fent is about 100 times more potent then morphine and it can kill fast so hands off this one and also methadone i read here its snorted maybe that is interesting for people, because the onset i faster and so its possible to determine how much you can take, but preferably its also better not to mess with methadone either i think its an absurdly high number the more then 6,000 deaths annually in the US a year from methadone and mainly from methadone mixed with something else.

This stuff gives you a gorilla on your back like mine i take about 300mg a day combined with enough benzo, 900mg pregabalin and 600mg seroquelhoping for a little buzz, but DONT copy this behaviour, because it will kill you.

I am truly jealous towards people who still get a buzz from say 10mg that's nearly 30 years ago for me also i managed to kick a few heroin habits throughout the years, but i could never kick methadone and believe me when i tell you i tried so using methadone just now and then NEVER to combine it then i guess its possible to enjoy the buzz IF you know exactly how much you can take without turning blueish.

My fault to get an insane tolerance, but in spite of being jealous i am pleased when somebody had a nice opiate buzz.
I am thinking to join one of the free heroin projects there you can get a thousand mg diamorphine a day, but the misery is having to attend three times a day and most people settle for twice getting 400mg and to make it even better theye mix some caffein in the diamorphine to makes smoking it easier and more effective there are not many IV'ers in this country i believe about 30% while in other countries this number is closer to 90%.

The reason for the low amount of IV ers is interesting so what happened beginning 70ties we got many negro's out of Suriname(former Dutch colonie) those people only rarely put a needle in themselves, they have more respect for their bodies, and they taught the whites how to chase the dragon well the heroin here is very well smokable, about 40% bio availability, and so the amount on IV ers stayed relatively low in this country and for sure compared to other countries. So far.
Best regards, Me.

Methadone is great for chronic pain, and actually becomes MORE effective with chronic administration, as it saturates cells and eventually become 1.5-2x more potent, w/ a longer duration.

And it has great recreational value, though not if you are on MMT, or have a fairly high tolerance.

People also underestimate it's potency;

Anyway, please don't snort methadone tablets, simply too much filler, and, with acute administration, it simply won't be as effective or potent anyway

(E.g. 20mg acute methadone = 30mg-40mg oxycodone,(15-20 IV) in some cases equipotent(20mg); chronic oral methadone 20mg = 40-80mg oxycodone PO, or 45-90mg Morphine/ ~30mg iv

I never really considered the recreational value. When I had to used it - I was trying to avoid withdrawals but then for years it was just something I had to do to be functional and enough for me not to go back to the amounts of opiates I was doing back then. But it definitely worth for pains as it lasts for a long time, the half-live is perfect for some types of pains.

I agree that people underestimate its potency. I read that 2 pills of 10 mg is the same as having an IM shot of 5 or 10 mg of morphine. Except there's not as much euphoria or no euphoria at all depending on how long you have been using. Also due to the half-life of this drug, it's really tricky to simply stop using if you don't plan ahead how you'll quit it can be a nightmare, meaning long a harsh withdrawals.

^ Nah, a single dose of oral methadone is typically equivalent to parental morphine. However, chronic methadone dosing is actually more potent, as mentioned above.

20mg chronic= 30 or 40mg morphine IV, ~100mg PO; 20 mg IV Chronic methadone = 45-80, 20mg acute is roughly equivalent, so about 20mg morphine IV/IM, range ~15-30. (Though some conversion charts claim, IIRC, 25mg (chronic) 'done = ~ 80mg

IME, 30-40mg IV is stronger than 75mg IV oxy

Agree though, getting off of it once you are on maintenance is another ball ? game, and it jacks your tolerance so high

Still, stick with low-moderate doses of MD, people taking over 100mg per day, without debilitating pain, are in for something if they try to quit.

No judgements, just saying