• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Snorting Mescaline

That sounds awful, you'd have to snort so much powder. I'm not sure you could get enough in your sinuses for it to work. It would surely be very painful.

Yeah, as I recall every report of this ROA for phenethylamines I've read indicates the class is painful to snort even at just tens of milligrams. The easiest one-time work around I can think of to increase bioavailability of this rare and extremely expensive compound while avoiding terrible burning without IVing is to numb your ass with lidocaine (or maybe sore throat spray) and plug it. Otherwise an MAOi may do the trick orally (check trip reports' dosages of cacti with MAOis against non-MAOi dosages of indicated cacti to approximate how much the reported MAOi increases potency).

you would have to snort 1g for full blown experience
good luck

{mod edit: potentially dangerous or at the least unwise advice - do not take seriously}

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd probably be very uncomfortable at the least and might be extremely painful. Plugging would be a much better option. You wouldn't need to snort 1g for a full blown experience like someone else said. I'm pretty sure a full blown experience would be around 300mg orally (not 100% sure only ate mescaline containing cacti) & psychedelic phenethylamines are much more powerful snorted or plugged so start off with like 150mg. SNORTING OR PLUGGING IT WILL NOT BYPASS THE NAUSEA, IT MAY ACTUALLY BE WORSE.

How did you get this "mescaline"? I would not trust it to be mescaline unless you extracted it yourself or the person who gave it to you has proof it's mescaline. There's so many research chemicals with similar effects to mescaline all the person would have to do is cut it to the same potency to make it look & seem legit.

I know plugging (up the ass) may sound gross but you really do not want to snort that. It's painless & not uncomfortable. Get an oral syringe from a pharmacy then dissolve the mescaline with a little water in a spoon & suck it up with the oral syringe. Then just stick it up ur ass & squirt (lol). No vaseline nessecary lol, you don't want to make a mess. The tip of the syringe goes in no problem you won't even feel it. Plugging is always superior to snorting.

Last edited:
I thought a big part of the experience was supposed to be eating the button so it slow dissolves in your gut? Then again I have no idea wtf I am talking about as I have never even seen mesc ...

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=...=GPkqv8c6NuIh45JPVF6Bpg&bvm=bv.84349003,d.d2s

Removed off topic stuff, if you want to have social talks go to the social thread / social forum parts or use the private message system when you have reached bluelighter status.

@ snorted mescaline: it is indeed very likely painful on the nose and may possibly produce a lot of nausea, maybe mucus etc. Bioavailability is not necessarily known to be that much higher, though one might assume it to be.

Just doesn't seem like a good route...

Not at all a good idea. I also thing the amount 1 g is way too much to be taken at once.

Yeah a bit of a random remark, especially for a Harm Reduction forum...

I am personally skeptical, mescaline is not exactly the most typical of psychedelics - I have considered things like I.M.ing synthetic mescaline for a long time now, with DOC too in order to eliminate or compress the uncomfortable come-up phase... however my one IM experience with phens which was with 2C-C ended up making me feeling a bit toxic, very weird chest feelings that put me off any such ideas.
Plugging mescaline may not be a bad idea at all, but I would first like to see some reports or BA numbers on it before I go waste my material.

I don't understand why you people are so quick to dismis this. The potential advantages are obvious:

- conserve material

- faster come up

- shorter duration

- easier way of administration than plugged or IM (at a festival or party, for instance)

I'm sure it hurts a lot, but would'nt that depend on which salt form it's in? Also, if mescaline follows the trend of other psychedelic phenethylamines, I'd say that ROA would double the potency, so maybe 250 mg will be enough, obviously depending on the fx you'd want. Anyway, that's approxemately 3 lines of 80 mg.

There's already an old thread were this was discussed before, and even some people who did try it.
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/377355-Intranasal-Mescaline

Yeah but it's a lot of material to get up your nose. I'm sure it would be absolutely disgusting.
I HATE having to snort DPT. I've had some great times with that drug but the drip is nasty and spoils the experience a bit. Some people can't even get this shit up their nose. I've always been shy of needles but I'm seriously contemplating injecting it the next time I take it.

I have a feeling 250mg mescaline would be much more unpleasant to snort than 120mg DPT.

No source talk, I removed a post.

Yeah, as I recall every report of this ROA for phenethylamines I've read indicates the class is painful to snort even at just tens of milligrams. The easiest one-time work around I can think of to increase bioavailability of this rare and extremely expensive compound while avoiding terrible burning without IVing is to numb your ass with lidocaine (or maybe sore throat spray) and plug it. Otherwise an MAOi may do the trick orally (check trip reports' dosages of cacti with MAOis against non-MAOi dosages of indicated cacti to approximate how much the reported MAOi increases potency).

Mescaline doesn't burn to plug if you dilute it enough, I mean if you try to make a saturated solution it will probably burn but I've done it before with very little discomfort.