• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting heroin vs snorting pharmaceutical pain pills

Tajaodan

Greenlighter
So i know the difference in the chemicals between h and painpill and yada yada. But just got to thinking. Say you have the same batch of heroin for the rest of your life (for my argument). It is pretty good purity and the cut is nothing dangerous or harmful ( vitamin d, meletonin) and you are only snorting never shooting or smoking. How much more dangerous or harmful for the body is the heroin(snorted only) compared to a 100 mg a day oxycodone or hydrocodone habit? Metaphorically speaking that the h is always gonna be the same batch ( ruling out the dangers for purity changes and dirtyer cuts with different stuff just for this argument) Just have been thinking about this and figured to get some opinions. Is it much different or dangerous of a habit? I know most of the dangers come from IVing heroin first off and then getting different batches that are more pure and have more dangerous cuts and not knowing how much to safely do. So if i was to do the same quality h every day and only snorted, how much worse is that for you then doing 100 mg of hydro or oxy a day.

Well in your hypothetical situation where the H cut is always inactive and relatively safe the main concern would be that heroin is a far more addictive drug in the way it is more speedily metabolized by the brain and is therefore much harder to kick when you have a habit than oxys/hydros. All of those opioids you mentioned including H metabolize into morphine in the body so they will all have the same general effects and side effects, the purity is the main reason why people say heroin is safer than pills, because in every pharmaceutical pill the filler is a known and listed compound which is inactive and not harmful to the body (although snorting/shooting any substance whether active or inactive will damage your nasal passages/veins respectively to some degree).

the purity is the main reason why people say heroin is safer than pills, because in every pharmaceutical pill the filler is a known and listed compound which is inactive and not harmful to the body (although snorting/shooting any substance whether active or inactive will damage your nasal passages/veins respectively to some degree).

Thank you for the wonderful reply. Makes alot more sense now. But From where i started the quote confused me alittle. So if the purity of heroin is good then it is safer than pills?

Assuming their are no impurities or cuts, than there really is no difference. It would just boil down to a matter of preference with some opting for the more heavy, sedating, Morphine high of Heroin or the more "stimulating", light high of Oxycodone. Neither poses any serious health risk aside from constipation with chronic use. There was a time when it was said that Heroin caused liver damage, but it would seem that the medical community has had to backtrack on that statement, as they prescribe near-identical drugs (and other countries do prescribe Heroin) to people on a daily basis.

There's not a difference and for the record, dangerous cuts are not an every day issue with Heroin. It's in the supplier's best interest to not overtly harm his customers or, not all of them at least. To this day, people still bandy around archaic phrases like "They put rat poison in it to make it more powerful".

Lol kief, the rat poison shit always made me laugh. "Dude this shit is getting cut with rat poison " ya bro! The dealer totally wants dead bodies intentionally causing heat around him and losing customers that call him 3 times a day sure

^It's funny how some urban legends like that are easily picked apart by Elementary-School-Level logic. Yet, like all of the other bullshit, the population at-large is more than happy to devour it and spread it.

There's not a difference and for the record, dangerous cuts are not an every day issue with Heroin. It's in the supplier's best interest to not overtly harm his customers or, not all of them at least. To this day, people still bandy around archaic phrases like "They put rat poison in it to make it more powerful".
True, there is no difference harm-wise if the H is 100% pure, but a decent percentage of H batches nowadays is cut with fentanyl or other very potent opioids which is a contributing factor to the spike in heroin overdoses over the past few years.

Thank you all so much. And lol at you the old tales of it being cut with that stuff. I have heard even battery acid ha! Cant thank you all enough. One last question though, so i was on oxy and hydro hard. Quit for a bit 3-5 days then got introduced to heroin. I have been snorting herion only about .1 - .2 a day for 7 days. Id rate the dope about a 6 or 7 out of 10. How bad of a withdrawal am i looking at? Like on average. And how long do you guys think? Thank you all so much again for your time and help.

Also im just snorting. Forgot to add that regarding my withdrawal question.

It's really hard to say man. Literally the best answer I can give you is, probably not that bad, but who knows.