• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting Coke (or Meth) And Neti Pots

NikkiNumberNine

Bluelighter
So my mother, who's like this natural-health type, has been after me for awhile to use a neti pot because she's convinced they like cure cancer or whatever. (Not really, but you know what I mean.)

She gave been one, it's been sitting under the sink in my bathroom for months.

But I did some coke recently and of course, my nose was all hella swollen up inside afterwards. I mean, I was mouth-breathing, big time. And I looked at the neti pot and thought, huh...

So I mixed up some salt water and tried pouring it up my nose. It was not fun. Sputter, sputter, cough. But I got some through and it actually seemed to help the swelling. Has anyone else tried using neti pots or nasal irrigators to help with the aftereffects of railing? Any special mixtures or additives that help with soothing those irritated tissues?

hah, thats funny, my mom is the same way with the holistic and homeopathic health stuff. she actually gave me a neti pot a while ago but i only used it a few times because i dont really like the feeling or taste of salt water in my nasal passages.

sometimes if i would blow too much dope or something, my nose would get all stuffed and swollen. i tried using the neti pot to clear it out but i could barely get it through so i gave up and used some OTC nasal spray. i think the neti pot works better the more you use it.

Well, I did it naked in the shower and got water everywhere, spitting and coughing, so I wasn't too skilled.
I hear there's a WaterPik thing for this, or I guess you could get a big syringe and use that?
Googling it, I find that some people use some kind of aloe extract in there... I don't know how that would feel though.

I wonder if you can get this in canada. My nose could need this sometimes. Usually when my nose is fucked from drug use i just spray saline up there until the blood stops running out of my nose. It's not a very pretty sight and even grosses me out.

I also hate getting those awful sinus headaches from snorting too much shit. But i get those without snorting anything.

paranoid android said:
I wonder if you can get this in canada. My nose could need this sometimes. Usually when my nose is fucked from drug use i just spray saline up there until the blood stops running out of my nose. It's not a very pretty sight and even grosses me out.

I also hate getting those awful sinus headaches from snorting too much shit. But i get those without snorting anything.

Hell, those things are everywhere. You can get one off Amazon for like six bucks. (American.) I've been doing it and I think it helps, esp now that it's getting to be hay-fever season.

i'm a huge fan of the neti pot. i use it after i snort *anything* and if i have a cold or allergy symptoms. even traditional allergists are recommending them to patients now for sinus infections and allergies. they sell them in walgreens!

i mix about 1/2 t. baking soda (or use salt) into the pot full of warm water (comfortable temp to touch), lean over the sink with left cheek down, inhale and then as i exhale through mouth, i slowly pour the water into the right nostril so that it comes out the left nostril. if you're super clogged it won't even go through.

dr. andrew weil (drweil.com) is a big advocate, he says to let the water come through your mouth...?!?

to quote him: Nasal douching can help, too. Mix a solution of salt water (¼ teaspoon of salt to a cup of warm water). You can pour some of the salt water into your cupped hand and inhale it into one nostril at a time while closing the other nostril with an index finger. Or you can get a neti pot, a ceramic container shaped like a miniature Aladdin's lamp that allows you to pour water directly into the nose. Use enough solution to fill your nasal cavity and spill into your mouth. Spit it out and then gently blow your nose. At first, this process may seem uncomfortable and messy, but once you get the hang of it, you'll like what it does for your nose and sinuses.

anyway, yes these rock, and definitely prevent some of the nastier nasal damage of snorting things.

I've been dissolving my adderall in distilled water, filtering out the insolubles through a coffee filter, then putting it in an old Astelin nasal spray bottle. No nasal discomfort what so ever. You can do this with anything that is water soluble, and you will absorb nearly 2x the amount than if you just snort the powder. Plus less nasty shit we can put up our noses (binder, filler, cuts, etc) the happier are noses are in general. Check it out :)