• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

snorting alcohol

bomber

Bluelighter
I remember my friends doing it on a party some years before and realy enjoying it,and lately Im thinking of trying it.
My google research only shows me personal expieriences of people who realy liked it and some artickles saying the authorities are concerned about this new "trend", but with out giving any facts about why it is realy dangerous.
So some questions:
1)Would snorting alcohol be dangerous for the langs?
2)Snorted alcohol will pass from the liver or will get directly to the brain? And, so, assuming that you will use less since you don't have to filter it with your liver, is snorting a healthier way for the body to take alcohol?

Any personal expiriences?

In theory, it will bypass the first-pass metabolism, but that will not be effective to make your drinks last longer (more on it later). However, the doses typically used in ethanol intoxication are so high that you would asphyxiate before getting even a fraction of drunk (you'd need to snort grams' equivalent of the compound). It is just not viable no matter how you look at it. Now, rectally administering it would work, and would bypass the first-pass, but again it's not really worth it.

The reason first-pass metabolism doesn't matter here is because typically at doses high enough to get you buzzed/drunk, your ethanol blood concentration is so high that the liver is dealing with it as fast as it can (whether you've ingested more or not) - so this means it doesn't matter where the additional alcohol comes from - either the stomach, or other means - it will still raise blood concentration, and be dealt with by the liver in the same timely manner. There may be differences in come up periods, because oral is always the slowest, but other than that, orally administering alcohol has more advantages than other methods (namely, it's not as harmful to tissue, even though it's still harmful to the GI tract).

Alcohol will never bypass the liver, unless of course, you don't introduce it into your body in the first place. It must be metabolised hepatically to be eliminated from the body, so we can nip this notion of a safer ROA right in the bud. In fact, these ROA's that introduce alcohol into the body faster are going to be more dangerous due to the simple fact that it's a more potent insult against the liver to get hit with more alcohol at once.

In all seriousness though, the insufflation route is not really feasable due to the volume of liquid that would have to be absorbed by the relatively small surface area of your mucuous membranes.

n fact, these ROA's that introduce alcohol into the body faster are going to be more dangerous due to the simple fact that it's a more potent insult against the liver to get hit with more alcohol at once.

This is wrong. If it's absorbed from the stomach, it is delivered straight into the liver. If it is absorbed from elsewhere, it first gets distributed throughout the body, and only by that virtue gets to the liver.

In the case of ethanol it doesn't matter where it comes from though as I explained in my last post.

In theory, it will bypass the first-pass metabolism, but that will not be effective to make your drinks last longer (more on it later). However, the doses typically used in ethanol intoxication are so high that you would asphyxiate before getting even a fraction of drunk (you'd need to snort grams' equivalent of the compound). It is just not viable no matter how you look at it. Now, rectally administering it would work, and would bypass the first-pass, but again it's not really worth it.

The reason first-pass metabolism doesn't matter here is because typically at doses high enough to get you buzzed/drunk, your ethanol blood concentration is so high that the liver is dealing with it as fast as it can (whether you've ingested more or not) - so this means it doesn't matter where the additional alcohol comes from - either the stomach, or other means - it will still raise blood concentration, and be dealt with by the liver in the same timely manner. There may be differences in come up periods, because oral is always the slowest, but other than that, orally administering alcohol has more advantages than other methods (namely, it's not as harmful to tissue, even though it's still harmful to the GI tract).

Suposly, the point is that all the alcohol goes directly to the brain so you don't nead huge amounts of ethanol in your blood to be drunk. Am I getting it completely wrong?

Suposly, the point is that all the alcohol goes directly to the brain so you don't nead huge amounts of ethanol in your blood to be drunk. Am I getting it completely wrong?
Yes, You're completely wrong either way, it's the alcohol in your blood getting you drunk...you obviously have no idea of neurochemistry...alcohol does not go"directly to the brain".

Yes, You're completely wrong either way, it's the alcohol in your blood getting you drunk...you obviously have no idea of neurochemistry...alcohol does not go"directly to the brain".
Yes I know little to nothing about nevrochemistry. But I think what I say now makes some sence, and correct me If Im wrong. When you drink, you need large amounts in your blood so that some alcohol finally get's into your brain after passing the stomach and the liver. But when you snort it, the alcohol has an easier way to the brain (through the blood of course) so you finally need less.

Yes I know little to nothing about nevrochemistry. But I think what I say now makes some sence, and correct me If Im wrong. When you drink, you need large amounts in your blood so that some alcohol finally get's into your brain after passing the stomach and the liver. But when you snort it, the alcohol has an easier way to the brain (through the blood of course) so you finally need less.

Yes, any method of administration that avoids first pass metabolism will get you drunk much faster(and with less ethanol) i.e. inhalation would be an easier way through say a nebulizer...but for H.R. sake, I would not recommend this.

As was previously stated by belligerent drunk, there is no advantage to other r.o.a.'s with ethanol besides faster onset and often this is at the risk of causing harm....so as evidenced by even the most desperate of alcoholics generally drinking their booze, not much is to be gained, That isn't to say we all haven't heard the stories of hardcore addicts i.v. injecting booze, it does happen, doesnt mean it's a good fucking idea.