• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting Adderall

Asparagus_Prince

Bluelighter
I hate those situations where you research a medicine’s possible side effects, and you see a list of every side effect you can think of. If it happens 1 in a million times, we’d better list it!!! So…. (lol) I’m aware that risks are always “possible”. But I was hoping to find some more real answers here.

I am in my early 40s and, other than cigarettes, I’ve never had a problem with addiction. Throughout my life I’ve probably drank more alcohol than my doctor would like, and I’ve occasionally dabbled with THC. But overall no hard stuff, no needles, etc. I am privileged and have lived a very trauma-free life compared to most people. I only say this to point out that I don’t really have a “reason” to have an addiction problem. I don’t have much emotional pain that needs numbed. Or any sort of dreadful reality I need to escape from.

I just wanted to preface my question with that because it might change your perception of why I am writing this. SO anyway…

A few years ago I began taking Adderall. Throughout that time I’ve been pretty consistent in my dosage… some days I take more than usual, some days none at all, but overall my average is about 90mg per week. If you’re familiar with Adderall you’ll know that isn’t a lot.

What I have NOT been consistent with is how I take it. I used to swallow the pills as directed. Then I began snorting it very occasionally. About a year ago I’d say it was 50/50 with the swallowing vs snorting. Now, it’s getting close to 100% snorting.

I prefer it this way now and I have no intention to stop unless I can be convinced I am underestimating the harm. At this point it hasn’t caused any problems. No nose bleeds, no discomfort, and no symptoms. But could it be causing some harm that I am not aware of? Is it slowly burning a hole inside my nasal passages? Are my lungs being badly damaged without my knowledge? Is this associated with certain cancers? I ASSUME I would notice symptoms if something was wrong, but perhaps not?

I know how most doctors and/or virgin-users would respond to this question. So that’s why I came here. I was hoping to get some more real, practical answers from people that have some personal experience with it.

At a ratio of 50:50 thats about 45mg of snorted adderall per week, which isnt a whole lot and probably not a major cause for concern. Not good for you either. All the binders wind up somewhere, and in this case, yes some of it in the lungs.

If you are truly concerned you should consider administering it rectally, which is far more effective than snorting it and carries far fewer risks.

Of course there is the larger question about why you are snorting ADHD medication, but in the scheme of themes it doesnt sound like the scope of your use is particularly out of hand or maladaptive.

The reason I used to snort occasionally was so that I might get a quicker fix late in the day so that it would be less likely to mess with my sleep. I would also snort less than what I'd take orally. Another reason is I used to feel like Adderall was less effective if I had a lot of food in my stomach. So snorting it bypassed the stomach. I'm not sure if it's really that way, or just in my head.

As for why I'm doing it more often, I'm not sure. I can't say it's for a better rush or high... to me I'm not sure I notice a huge difference in that regard. For some reason I simply prefer snorting 10 and then snorting another 10 a couple hours later, rather than swallowing 20 and being done with it.

Another theory I have is association with cigarette smoking. I haven't had a smoke in over 10 years. But I kinda miss that satisfying feeling of deeply inhaling the smoke. I think it triggers something. The feeling of inhaling the Adderall is similarly satisfying. So it's kinda like I "crave" it, but not exactly. Not in the same way as cigarettes where I'd inhale hundreds of times per day. I can go days without using/snorting Adderall with relative ease.

Thanks for the response.

I will also add that what worries me just as much as the possible unseeable damage is the fear that my doctor could find out and I get cut off of it. I was tested for COVID a while back and I had had a couple snorts earlier in the day. I was worried they might see the residue, report it, etc. Adderall has greatly benefitted my life and I have a lot of incentive to keep it under control. And hide the bad optics.

Dex-Amphetamine snorted and plugged, self extracted extracted from 5 mg tabs was no improvement. None!

I would stuck with oral if I was you. i did.

Your doctor will never find out to be frank. No one will notice and if they do you won't be reported. Medicine is administered in a disorganized fashion in the US.

I get the fixation to snort things. I used to snort focalin tablets on a daily basis for years, although never did enjoy snorting adderall or dexedrine given the sheer size of the tablets and lack of any gain effect wise from snorting them. Ritalin and focalin however are very noticeably different when snorted however.

Definitely not too satisfying sticking it up your butt, but plugged adderall/dexedrine is far more effective that way. Wouldn't make too compelling of a ritual however (to plug 10mg of adderall every few hours -- if you plug it you'll want to do it all in one dose). You might say its a bit of a pain in the ass

I will also add that what worries me just as much as the possible unseeable damage is the fear that my doctor could find out and I get cut off of it. I was tested for COVID a while back and I had had a couple snorts earlier in the day. I was worried they might see the residue, report it, etc. Adderall has greatly benefitted my life and I have a lot of incentive to keep it under control. And hide the bad optics.

If your snorting your cutting your higha length of time down by like 80%. If you must snort wash your nice by saline nasal and sinus cleanse.. everytome that shit can and will cause infection asphyxiation or a prolapsed nostril potentially long term, but not likely

IMO your doing it wrong. Take a 10 to 20mg dose id start 10. Crush it into powder then sublingualy. Under tongue add couple drops of water if needed.

Your welcome and it since it skips first pass, its intial high is alot ugh bigger, and has normal oral length. HOWEVER I have gotten to physical WDs doing it this way too long so be careful.

Its very very strong so don't OD since if skips liver the first go

Your doctor will never find out to be frank. No one will notice and if they do you won't be reported. Medicine is administered in a disorganized fashion in the US.

I get the fixation to snort things. I used to snort focalin tablets on a daily basis for years, although never did enjoy snorting adderall or dexedrine given the sheer size of the tablets and lack of any gain effect wise from snorting them. Ritalin and focalin however are very noticeably different when snorted however.

Definitely not too satisfying sticking it up your butt, but plugged adderall/dexedrine is far more effective that way. Wouldn't make too compelling of a ritual however (to plug 10mg of adderall every few hours -- if you plug it you'll want to do it all in one dose). You might say its a bit of a pain in the ass
Second on snorting Methylphenidate, and probably dextro-Methylphenidate even more. Very effective although the component's of the tablet's can cause adverse effect's in the lung's i read. So for harm reduction perform a purification.

For the Amphetamin's oral rules. No other way, never IV-ed, will be better. But IV is not really recommandabele.

I'm no stranger to snorting pills. Oxy's, Xanax and Klonopin in particular.
For me personally, Adderall always worked great for me oraly. I've snorted it a couple of times but it's actually one of the only pills I prefer to pop as opposed to snort. After all the pills and white that I put up my nose, it's probably better off that way.

Agree to @negrogesic that not the pretty moderate amount of adderall is your main point of concern but the binders, it's a bit like with cigarettes where not primarily the nicotine but the combustion carcinogens are what one wants to avoid. Unfortunately pure dexamphetamine isn't available for prescription even when theoretically some pharmacies should be able to make a dexamph nasal spray on prescription. I'm unsure about whether and how much insufflation of low-ish/therapeutic dosages of dexamph leads to more problems than taking the same amount orally. My hunch is that there is a slight difference, the rush will maybe lead to faster/more complete tolerance but as long as you can and do stay low d-amph isn't among the particularly dangerous substances.

Or you could try to get Vyvanse which is d-amph bound to lysine so that snorting it makes no difference in about how fast and hard it hits.

Agree to @negrogesic that not the pretty moderate amount of adderall is your main point of concern but the binders, it's a bit like with cigarettes where not primarily the nicotine but the combustion carcinogens are what one wants to avoid. Unfortunately pure dexamphetamine isn't available for prescription even when theoretically some pharmacies should be able to make a dexamph nasal spray on prescription. I'm unsure about whether and how much insufflation of low-ish/therapeutic dosages of dexamph leads to more problems than taking the same amount orally. My hunch is that there is a slight difference, the rush will maybe lead to faster/more complete tolerance but as long as you can and do stay low d-amph isn't among the particularly dangerous substances.

Or you could try to get Vyvanse which is d-amph bound to lysine so that snorting it makes no difference in about how fast and hard it hits.
Over here it is but getting it is a pain in the ass. We also have lis-dex and dextro-methyphenidate, I think finding a psychiartist willing to prescribe and healthcare willing to pay will be the hardest part.

Over here it is but getting it is a pain in the ass. We also have lis-dex and dextro-methyphenidate, I think finding a psychiartist willing to prescribe and healthcare willing to pay will be the hardest part.
Yeah, I wrecked my prescriptions by voluntarily asking for an antipsychotic, not for continued use but as a security net for the case should I ever get acoustic hallucinations again (only had them when severly sleep deprived and/or on stim overdoses but at some point things were a bit worse, turned out to be a vitamin B deficit lol).. usually requires the diagnosis of adult AD(H)D, which usually isn't so hard to get when one really benefits from stims in therapeutic dosages there tends to be somewhat which could be diagnosed as attention deficit and the questions are simple (depends on how tough your doc is).

Now here in MX I have the same problem with no insurance and the need to pay pills myself. Most stuff is very cheap but scheduled ones and what's still on patent is overpriced.. in Europe there was healthcare obligation which means every person with legal immigration status has a health insurance which covers all stuff the doc prescribes - usually. They wanted me to pay the Vyvanse myself because whatever, before they covered it and then suddenly told me I didn't fulfill the criteria. Was in similar time as the named antipsychotic incident so I had two reasons to stop. Wasn't painful (the withdrawal; the payment sucks ass) but I miss it to be able to choose when I have focus and energy instead of relying on good luck.

in Europe there was healthcare obligation which means every person with legal immigration status has a health insurance which covers all stuff the doc prescribes - usually.
Not over here in the Netherlands, btw what country is Mx (mexico?)

Benzo's you have to pay for yourself accept when its for something other then sleep or tranquilisation. Basickly 10 times the price of RC benzo's. How bizar.

Yeah, I wrecked my prescriptions by voluntarily asking for an antipsychotic, not for continued use but as a security net for the case should I ever get acoustic hallucinations again (only had them when severly sleep deprived and/or on stim overdoses but at some point things were a bit worse, turned out to be a vitamin B deficit lol).. usually requires the diagnosis of adult AD(H)D, which usually isn't so hard to get when one really benefits from stims in therapeutic dosages there tends to be somewhat which could be diagnosed as attention deficit and the questions are simple (depends on how tough your doc is).

Now here in MX I have the same problem with no insurance and the need to pay pills myself. Most stuff is very cheap but scheduled ones and what's still on patent is overpriced.. in Europe there was healthcare obligation which means every person with legal immigration status has a health insurance which covers all stuff the doc prescribes - usually. They wanted me to pay the Vyvanse myself because whatever, before they covered it and then suddenly told me I didn't fulfill the criteria. Was in similar time as the named antipsychotic incident so I had two reasons to stop. Wasn't painful (the withdrawal; the payment sucks ass) but I miss it to be able to choose when I have focus and energy instead of relying on good luck.

Can you actually obtain Vyvanse in Mexico? I would imagine in Mexico city and other big cities?

I've always wondered how Mexican pharmacies worked over the year. Frankly I don't really know how the Mexican medical system works, or insurance practices.

Can you actually obtain Vyvanse in Mexico? I would imagine in Mexico city and other big cities?

I've always wondered how Mexican pharmacies worked over the year. Frankly I don't really know how the Mexican medical system works, or insurance practices.
Yeah, at least technically the bigger pharmacies should stock it and I know one specific one which actually does - wasn't exactly easy to find indeed, seems like most stuff a la pregabalin, memantine or your favorite antidepressant/-psychotic is available OTC, tramadol too, no questions even with multiple boxes and when the package specifies that it had to be sold solely under prescription. But everything harder is scheduled, like real opioids, benzos (and they go by structure, not real strength; nalox-/trexone are similarly scheduled like oxycodone) and antibiotics (the only thing with real reason for me but they are the least controlled) requires an original prescription which is kept in the pharmacy and possibly checked for. Most pharmacies don't bother with that and only stock the frequently asked for products. Testosterone for example is OTC too, even the injection ampoules, and a softer steroid but the only available one were 50mg T gel bags for quite a hefty sum. But back to vyvanse, it costs same like it did in Switzerland, just that I have to pay directly instead of a funky ass overpriced healthcare insurance which is required as long as I have relations to the country even when they don't pay outside the CH borders as long as it's not a life-or-death emergency. Hell even Germany is more flexible.

One pharmacy at the airport offered to sell clonazepam w/o script but, umm shouldn't give numbers here, right? So I'll say just a multiple of what it real costs. Most stuff is cheap as dirt in Similaries but the others tend to offer brand stuff which costs much more (and they win more margin of course).

Adderall seems to be on the menu too. But I first have to test my luck finding a decent, script-willing doc for some Vyvanse. I do have inattentive ADD diagnosed but no Spanish translation and the docs in CH don't bother with. Already have voluntarily withdrawn from morphine (more-less) because I don't fuck with go every single day to the substitution centre here.. kratom and stuff needs to cut it. Still relapsing so far to my shrinking reserve of morphine pills. Seems like tramadol's the only option and some low grade codeine which would require cold water extraction.. bupe is same schedule as morphine/methadone and the treatment facilities have, from what I read, notoriously and extremely bad reputations. People pay the police to drag their loved ones into them and then they get a diet off rotten vegetable soup, forgot the name. I'm not completely sure, just read that on Vice - I don't want to get to know it the hard way. Most restrictions seem to be more or less directly related to the US as far as I hear and understand.

From what I read MX City is the most law & order - in every single street there's a police car stationed - and some towns must be pretty wild west / anarchic but first needa learn the language. People are said not to like everything which smells English, and even docs refuse to talk the language; but that's another topic. Stimulant, sorry lol.

I started this thread 3 months ago and I'm bumping it to provide an update and ask for more advice/commentary. If you don't want to read back through the entire original message, I was basically talking about how I'd been snorting Adderall a lot, that it didn't really seem to be causing any problems, but I wanted to get a sense of how in danger I was of doing serious damage to my nose.

Firstly, let me say that I've been taking Adderall for around 5 1/2 years now. For pretty much that entire time I have taken it responsibility. I always think that one measure of whether or not a drug is becoming a problem is whether or not you can stick to your plan with it. For me I've always felt I do that very well. Even if I occasionally misuse or take more than directed, it was usually planned in advance. See, I make my own hours and they are very weird, sporadic hours. Every day is different. But going into a new week I can tell myself that I'll have 30mg Monday, 15 mg Tuesday, a break on Wednesday, etc etc. And I pretty much stick real close to what my plan is. I've always thought that is probably a good indication that I'm in control of the drug and that it hasn't taken control of me.

However, my original post from 3 months ago came during a time that I was just beginning to realize that I was NOT sticking to my plans anymore. I first starting snorting maybe around Year 3 of my 5 1/2 years. But for a long time it really was occasional. And circumstantial. And planned ahead. But somewhere earlier this year it got to the point where I was snorting the vast majority of the time. Two or three months ago I was driving home from the pharmacy with a new refill and the whole time I was telling myself that I would NOT snort them. But within minutes of walking through my front door I was crushing one up on the kitchen counter.

So this is bothering me and pissing me off. I truly believe I've done a good job of responsibly taking them overall. I've taken that seriously because I benefit greatly from Adderall and I don't want to blow it.

I'm getting better. I'd say I was snorting 80-90% of my pills for several months this year. Over the last 2-3 months it's probably more like 30-40%. That is still not my plan though. I'd like that to number to get all the way down to 10% - 20% again. Actually, I'm starting to think I should make that 0%. I suspect snorting it occasionally after struggling with snorting too much will be a tough thing to maintain.

Recently I am most likely to succumb to snorting on a night where I don't really need to be in bed at any certain time. Let's say I was planning to have an Adderall on the late side but I'm not sure if maybe I'll be ready for bed within 2 hours or so. Better not take a whole one, so I give in and snort a half one instead. While I'm crushing up the pill I'm bitching at myself. And once I've fucked up I feel it doesn't matter after that. 30 minutes later I'll be like... "eh, just one more half pill isn't the end of the world". And I'll repeat that process every half hour or so until I've snorted maybe 50mg in 4 hours or so. It pisses me off because in hindsight it would have been better to swallow 25mg at the very beginning. That probably would have had a similar effect and I wouldn't have wasted the other 25 mg.

Even in that scenario I couldn't stick to the plan. I told myself "just one snort and that's it" but I end up having 6 or so more throughout the night. This was never the case for the first 4 1/2 - 5 years! I could stick to the plan.

Any random general support or advice would be appreciated, but I do have one specific question...

Let's say I stopped snorting forever today. Is any possible nose damage I have likely going to stay the way it is today? Or can the damage still develop for a while after I've stopped snorting?

Last edited:
Instead of snorting try rectal as has been mentioned, or my preferred method of sublingual. Line your gums with the crushed up adderall and it hits with similar onset to snorting. Plus it tastes kinda sweet. If you find oral provides more benefit than yes try to get down to 100% oral but don’t feel ashamed if you find yourself using other ROAs. All can have their utility at times.

I certainly understand the urge to redose. It’s good you have been keeping it to nights you don’t have to be asleep early. My personal method is to crush up 1-2 pills of 30 mg each. Then I tell myself that I can have as much or as a little of this allotment as I want. If I’m out at bars for a while that may be 15-20 mg oral or sublingual and rest of the 60 mg in small bumps to top off over the course of the night. Or it might be one large dose of 30 mg all at once and that’s it.

But I think it’s best to predetermine the absolute max you plan on using that night (it’s ok to be a little generous with this amount if you have a tolerance) and strictly redose from that amount. Leave the rest of your stash alone. Hope that helps a little.

Instead of snorting try rectal as has been mentioned, or my preferred method of sublingual.
You know, I did indeed try some of the suggestions I was given early on in this thread. I was disappointed with the effects, although in a couple instances I'm not sure I did everything properly. With sublingual I think I remember thinking I was lazy and didn't crush it up as finely as maybe it needed to be.

Appreciate the response.

You know, I did indeed try some of the suggestions I was given early on in this thread. I was disappointed with the effects, although in a couple instances I'm not sure I did everything properly. With sublingual I think I remember thinking I was lazy and didn't crush it up as finely as maybe it needed to be.

Appreciate the response.
I recommend a mortar and pestle for best results