• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Snorting a yellow Oxy 30 hurt my lungs.....

Curiouschuck

Greenlighter
So I have been snorting oxycodone for several years on and off. My favorites are the blue colored ones, Yesterday I bought a few but they were yellow and round and have T 189 imprinted on them. Well when I snort these ones they hurt my lungs and make me cough, I thought maybe it was me catching a cold or something, but I snorted a blue one a few hours later that I had mixed in with the yellows and it didn’t hurt, then today I snorted another yellow and the same pain and same coughing and pain when I breath happened. Has anyone had this happen, why is it only these yellow ones that do this? Is it something that the manufacturer is putting into them to try and deter people from abusing them by snorting?? Let me know if anyone has had this type of reaction from this same brand of oxy....

thanks in advance!

Are you sure it's even oxy in it? Substance ID isn't aloud so I can't go too much into this speculation, but it could be something like heroin pressed in the pill... I'm guessing that's very unlikely, but it's just one possibility. The other is that inactive ingredients in the pill are hurting your nose. You can try dissolving it in water and filtering it through cotton and using it like a nasal spray.

I seriously doubt it's h man, but yeah we can't really speculate

Definitely not H. My supplier, who I have known for many years and is a good friend of mine, met me at the pharmacy they are picked up at. Also, I understand the many issues that can come from snorting pills, I decided that it was worth the risk I guess. This is my last hoorah so to speak, so I am at the end of the trip, but I was just curious if anyone else had the same issues with these sam pills or if anyone knew something more about this. I do sincerely appreciate the advice however. Thank you.

Are you maybe inhaling too deeply? I know when I was snorting pills sometimes I'd inhale too deeply and end up with similar issues.

Definitely not, I thought the same thing, so I made sure to snort it softly the second time, yet it still happened. It’s very strange, maybe it is just one of the fillers that is giving me a bad reaction? I don’t know, I will just be ingesting the rest orally.

Good idea about the oral use.

Again if you're sure it's not fake pills then you can likely filter out what's causing it drawing up a solution into an insulin syringe through cotton then spraying the result up your nose. This would probably work with smaller amounts best.

Another tool that may work is cutting the bend of a straw, filling it with the powder, and blowing through it after putting the other end into your nose. There's actually tools built for this. The idea is the air blowing up your throat not only pushes the powder in the straw into your nose, but prevents any from going down into your lungs is the concept. It is pretty cool except when your breath moisture clumps the powder in the straw. It's a cool idea and works well just can be tricky to get right

Good idea about the oral use.

Again if you're sure it's not fake pills then you can likely filter out what's causing it drawing up a solution into an insulin syringe through cotton then spraying the result up your nose. This would probably work with smaller amounts best.

Another tool that may work is cutting the bend of a straw, filling it with the powder, and blowing through it after putting the other end into your nose. There's actually tools built for this. The idea is the air blowing up your throat not only pushes the powder in the straw into your nose, but prevents any from going down into your lungs is the concept. It is pretty cool except when your breath moisture clumps the powder in the straw. It's a cool idea and works well just can be tricky to get right

I think ill I’ll give this a try, thank you for the idea. I’ll keep you all posted.

So I tried the shooting the liquid into my nose method, and it still hurts my lungs and is making me cough, it has to be something to do with these yellow pills. Something in them.

Hey I just got mine and this is the first time I see a yellow oxy t189. I asked the pharmacy and she said it?s a new manufacture, and it?s suppose to exactly the same however, I can totally tell the difference between the blue a215 and the yellow oxy. I dislike my new meds and will compline about it. It?s making me nauseous. No it?s not making my liver hurt. Be careful. Maybe your body is trying to tell u something.

I still want to figure out about these t189 oxy. How are these different from the blue ones..? Hope you?re doing ok.

You could be reacting to an inactive ingredient. I am not good at researching pill ingredients, but that's where you need to start.

I got the yellows last month and this month. They clog the he'll out of your nose, the blue ones kept it clear and open. The yellows are trash

From Camber Pharma:The 15 mg and 30 mg tablets contain the following inactive ingredients: magnesium stearate;
microcrystalline cellulose; sodium starch glycolate; colloidal silicon dioxide; lactose; D&C Yellow
No. 10

Inhaling finely divided crystalline silica(colloidal silicon dioxide) is toxic and can lead to silicosis, bronchitis../wiki/Silicon_dioxide

Absorption:
About 60% to 87% of an oral dose of oxycodone reaches the systemic circulation.

http://camberpharma.com/attachments...lets_USP_Insert_Ascent_Camber_918_08_2017.pdf

OP, if it was handed to you by a guy coming out of the bathroom near the pharmacy counter, then it's not directly from the pharmacy, and who knows for sure what it is.

Even if we did do the not-allowed discussion of what sounds like Roxies, and repeated the inert ingredients, we don't know what other crap was in this guy's pocket that rubbed all over these pills.

Personally I wonder how your lungs hurt after snorting these. My first thought is to ease off the PSI, adjust your straw dimensions.

I have come across references to intranasal deterrents like sodium dodecyl sulfate, a detergent. You probably got soap in your eyes before, you don't want it in your lungs. The first ingredient in Roxie 30's is magnesium stearate, which is a detergent.

You may have soap bubbles foaming up out of your alveoli. You don't get a lot of oxygen diffusing through soap bubbles.

So again, go easy on that diaphragm, and keep the drugs in your nose.

If eating them is really not going to happen, priming your nasal septum & turbinates with a saline spray might get some more to stick and keep some of that soap in your nose.

Lol jekyl pushing the saline like tpd pushes plugging.

This one approves.

Your main man Keif' has made me a convert, it's difficult to sing it's praises sometimes but all that mucosa, ripe for the absorbing.

I used to do it without the nasal spray bottle for pills, just waterline it. But I'm all for anything to keep the nose moist to avoid necrosis. I didn't pick it up soon enough, and coke is rough on the ol septum.

this happens to me when snorting h sometimes. some bags do it and some dont. must be specific ingredient