• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Snifferdogs at The Big Day Out - organisers issue warning

35 charges + 60 cautions = 95 - what happed to the other 25 people caught?

i think the stats say it for themselves

120 people out of 50,000 got busted - kinda suggests that the coppers are losing big time.

There would of been at least a few thousand people on illegal drugs - sure its an estimate but when you take into account the quantity of the general population who smoke dope let alone take other drugs and then take that image and look at it against 50,000 young people (who are much more likely to take drugs) it really just shows that the cops don't know what their doing.

if i was one of those unluckly 120 ppl i would be off buying a lotto ticket, odds are winning are nearly as good as getting caught.

Yeh I saw heaps of people on pills when I was there (including myself). When I heard the press release about the dogs I was sceptical because me and my friends were bringing in a couple of pills each but I only encountered 3 sniffer dogs whilst I was there and they didnt seem to be doing anything in particular.

They just showed on the channel 9 news violence in Cronulla beach - where there was a near riot - and also violence in Perth where a significant police presence was required to bring things under control.

They then cut to homebush where they said "there was no such trouble at the big day out, where a predominantly happy crowd of music lovers converged to catch their favourite bands"

I didn't see any fights or violence whatsoever. The police really need to rethink their strategy, and divert whatever resources they wasted on operation viking to something more useful, like curbing public drunkeness in hotspots such as those mentioned.

Perth big day out - trains

Hey perth bluelighters

Just a heads up , heard on 99.3 tripple j a couple of nights ago that police will be running a big operation on the train lines with sniffer dogs and all for the big day out. Pretty stupid really, they are just encouraging more drug users to drive which is far worse than a few people off their heads at a concert 8(, the police just couldn't give a fuck about peoples personal safety just money and figures on cards.

Havn't looked for a source for this as have no idea were to look , if some one else has some info would be greatly appreciated.

That was for the Sydney big day out though wasn't it?

Always best to be extra cautious if your carrying something illegal but I didn't know the WA police were using sniffer dogs in that capacity at the moment. If it was Perth as well I'm ready to be proven wrong, not the first time ;)

It does raise a few issues though, people at the Sydney festival were taking much larger doses than normal early in the day to avoid carrying things through the gates. As reported on tripple J the better idea would be the police handing out drug pamphelts and harm minimisation information. Encouraging people to drive with their drugs or take huge doses before entering the grounds is not harm reduction.

^True it may have been the sydney bigdayout because they were playing live stuff from it.

People who take drugs at events are still going to do it. They will just take more harmfull risks to not get caught. Like what Fry-d- said, they will eat alot of drugs before the event and then drive their car.

But it is believed Victoria Police will not be concentrating on Melbourne's Big Day Out because they don't expect drug use to be as rampant as at dance or techno events.

So that pretty much says that whilst they won't target events like BDO, other upcoming large events like Two Tribes most probably will.

Because only people interested in dance music are into drugs... 8(

Unfortunately I think publicly the Police's hands are tied. I've dealt with a lot of cops over the years - both with boozed up crowds and drugged up crowds - and I can assure you the cops are far less on edge around drug crowds - hell look at the Police at Summadayze for example.

I've heard more than a few remark they much prefer dealing with 'loved up' crowds - but of course publicly they can't take that position.

Nah, they'll probably just use the drug bus to catch drivers instead - an option NSW didn't have.

I think it's fine to catch people leaving the venue if they are in a car driving under the influence, but not if they are walking into the venue with a few pills (aslong as it's personal use sizes only)

Yeah im a bit worried now, but I am going to the Adelaide BDO will they have dogs their you reckon anyone? I can't believe how many people were caught...thats bulshit!

I don't want to freaking out about a few pills and a fucken bag on me!

Another thread about sniffer dogs at bdo. Sorry guys im jus freaking

[edit] Content Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
oops

well i stuffed that up haha, nah i jus needa know guys if any one else knows whether there r goin to b snifferdos in attendance at either adelaide or perth Bigdayouts? im hell freaking aye. in previous years iv seen a bit of violence but its always been caused by excessive alcohol instead of drugs, plz help me. Ne info will do even if it is rumours only. cheers guys roll on n on!!!

This is the RUMOUR I have heard for the Perth one. There will be no sniffer dogs just Police both uniformed and plain clothes.
But you never know what sneaky tricks they have up there sleeve!

Last year I was walking along a street near claremont showgrounds when two cops in plain clothes yelled at my friend and I to come over and see them. We both knew as soon as we saw them what they were. I was shitting myself cause I had my pills plus 3 other people's on me. The cops asked us to empty everything out of our pockets except for our wallets. I was very lucky cause thats where I had stashed the gear. They simply told my friend and I to take the cans of Bundy op back and leave them in our car. I guess thats what they must have spotted bulging in our pockets from a distance. The expirience was rather nerve racking especially having just skulled a couple of cans of OP followed by a few good lines of speed.
I dont know why they didnt ask to see our wallets. Mabey when they saw the rum come out of our pockets they figured we were just alcho's.

Perth BDO rumour threads merged.

It couldn't hurt to follow tripple J's lead and ring the police commissioner and ask could it ;)

wouldent this be some kind of blackmail to bring snifer dogs on the trains were they know people will have drugs, they will have them out the front of the venue, but not on the train i hope.

Once your in your you wont be harrasted, just recently the organiserz of the BDO in melbourne told the police that there will be no snifer dogs aloud as it would ruin the vibe, i tottally agree with that, with coppas there your always watching your back and if your high your fucking parinoid as shit.

Leave us recreational drug users alone, I SAY, if it legal in holland a bit of reefer cant hurt anyone.

parns

If anyone has ANY information on sniffer dogs or police activity at the Melbourne BDO, please share it here. The sooner everyone is warned, the less risk it will pose.

Big Day Out threads merged - since it is unusual that an organiser will pre-warn people about snifferdogs, this large thread has been created out of the separate threads containing news articles about snifferdogs at the BDO, and the speculation about whether dogs will be used in other states besides NSW.

I would ask that people keep all posts on topic... and have a quick read of the rest of the posts in the thread before replying to avoid repetition. And, remember if you had any experience or were searched on the day, remember you can have a say on the matter by reporting your experience to the address in this post: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?postid=2664239#post2664239

I think there's also a clear distinction that must be made - snifferdogs are used to prosecute people for possession of drugs, while the drug bus in Vic is used to prosecute people for driving under the influence of drugs. Big difference.

Cheers, BigTrancer :)

Last edited: