• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

smoking when sleep deprived or only on a few hours slep

BJCS333

Bluelighter
smoking when your sleep deprived or only had a few hours sleep?

yo tokers was just wondering about this because I only had a few hours and went to college yesterday but was nacred when i got back obviously but I had a bong hit nearly passed out but It got me pretty high like I think it was stronger cause I was tired but before If i've had no sleep or little sleep like today then it would just be a blur or not as pleasant anyway I drifted off into a nice sleep eventually until i was woken up 3 hours later by my stupid family member and got up made myself something to eat and now i've just had a couple more bong hits and a spliff in bed watching peep show on 40d and i'm so high yet still quit tired so i will drop off in an hour or two.

But what im asking for are other peoples experiences with smoking while exhausted and any scientific facts n all that stuff because i've not been able to find anything about this.

Last edited:
Weed decreases REM sleep. My friend once hallucinated while stoned and sleep deprived. I've had no issues with it while sleep deprived. But I don't understand your post too much so I'll just leave that personal experience and that scientific fact there for you.

I think I get manic when I don't sleep and continue smoking. It starts to become hard to tell the difference between reduced cognitive ability and personal skill level, like for example with music I perceive less mistakes and it sounds better when I play, but listening back to a recording when I'm sober usually reveals that I made a lot of mistakes(or more than I had thought) and it doesn't sound as good as it did at the time.

Yh all it does is sedate you more if you sit comfortably but you cant seem to focus on stuff like video games I think its an interesting subject

Harbour Bridge crash driver a real dope: She admits to smoking cannabis before driving

THE driver who caused gridlock across much of Sydney on Wednesday after she crashed on the Harbour Bridge admitted to police that she had smoked cannabis before getting behind the wheel.

The 37-year-old woman fell asleep and drifted into oncoming traffic about 6.30am, causing a five-car accident that led to traffic snarls for 21km in all directions. Experts estimated the loss of productivity across the city would run to $50 million.

Police said that drugs and fatigue were alleged to be the major factors involved in the costly accident.

“Drugs are now emerging as a major factor in road safety across the country,’’ Highway Patrol head Assistant Police Commissioner John Hartley said yesterday. “It is a scourge on the road as well as society and a major concern.’’

Last year 35,000 drivers were drug tested with one in 26 returning a positive reading for either cannabis or methamphetamine. By comparison, police conducted more than six million random breath tests, with about one in 225 drivers affected by alcohol.

“We are increasing the number of random drug tests we do and are looking at new technologies that are more efficient to allow us to do even more,’’ Mr Hartley said.

Police were unable to test the woman, who was driving a rented van full of suitcases, at the crash scene on Wednesday because of her injuries.

832583-83b62c22-bc9d-11e4-a5f5-f6d8716b3afa.jpg
831781-90fa3334-bc60-11e4-a5f5-f6d8716b3afa.jpg

She was taken by ambulance to Royal North Shore hospital, where a blood sample was taken.

“It takes from three to six weeks before the results of a blood test are known,’’ a police officer said yesterday. “No charges will be laid until then.’’

It was the second major accident in Sydney in four days involving drivers allegedly affected by drugs.

On Sunday afternoon three women and a two-year-old girl were seriously injured when they were hit by a truck on Canterbury Rd in Belmore.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s-before-driving/story-fni0cx12-1227240718056

I've consistently smoked while going on 24+ hours of no sleep. I'm a self-diagnosed insomniac. [Never gone to a doctor about my sleeping issues P:] lol hence why I smoke helps me sleep. Anyways it doesn't really increase the high for me or make me less able to do daily things like driving, school work, etc. Just my experience probably because I'm so use to getting little sleep and being high all day.

When I smoke after not sleeping or being tired I am way more prone to what seems like falling asleep for a few seconds without noticing it. Like I think I am just sitting there watching TV then I have a thought that I am essentially watching play out in my head only to realize it was like a weird mini dream... or I fall asleep and get awoke by my g/f

Also imagine being that woman here I am in the US way after the incident and I am pissed at the amount of traffic on the bridge during a morning commute!

A couple years ago I was pretty sleep deprived and ate a weed brownie and got some mild auditory hallucinations which were really cool and I doubt I'd have gotten them had I not been sleep deprived.

It definitely seems to increase the psychedelic nature of it IMO.

i seem to have had the opposite effect to you guys, about two years back I pulled an all-nighter to get some work done, smoked a blunt after the tipping point* and barely felt a thing, i just felt tired and unaware, just like before

*3am and 3pm, at 3am you either decide to stay awake and pull an all-nighter, or you go to sleep, at 3pm, you start to decline in ability to function

You probably just cant handle it ive stayed up for 5 days straight and smoke literaly half a ton of super top quality (the best actually) and i didnt fall sleep