• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

smoking weed since 13

sonicthekid

Greenlighter
I started smoking bud in the 6th grade (no joke) never really got high tho (again, not a joke) Lol so I probably shouldn't even add that. I was always smoking leaves from my brothers. I didn't smart really smoking weed until I was about 13, I'd say about 3-5 times a week. Started smoking everyday from 15. There was only about a 3month period where I got busted in school and wasn't smoking everyday but still like 5-8x a month. What I'm wondering is, has anyone used marijuana everyday like I have and noticed their intelligence gradually declining. there's no doubt that my memory's been pretty fucked for a minute. During the 3 month period my memory got much better and I did feel like my head was clearer. I'm just not sure how much Cannabis has effected my mind. I'm really not able to spell like I used to and also my speech is a little messed up sometimes, which was never a problem. I sometimes feel like that's only because I'm nervous about it being messed up sometimes tho. Like my fear of me mispronouncing a word will actually make me mispronounce it.

Well at that age your brain is still very well in development, so cannabis can definitely have an effect on your memory at that point. I haven't had memory issues from it but I didn't start smoking until I was 17. I would definitely try and not smoke until you're a bit older at the least (Assuming you're still under 18, wasn't sure if you were or not).

You are too young to start smoking weed. Like OP mentioned, your brain, body, hormones are in full development and that can get in the way.
Don't let become a routine until you are older. From my own experience I can tell that this could lead to have a weaker memory later, besides there must be other good things to be doing at your age. These are the golden years and you don't get to live them again. If you are already so involved with MJ obviously you'll tend to follow the drug groups. Don't mean to be annoying or judgmental, not at all. I had gone through phases like yours and have a son at your age. Don't waste these glorious years! :)

I started at the same age as you, also smoking more and more, and let's just say I'm not playing with a full deck.

School suffered enormously from my weed abuse, my social skills are often a disaster and my brain is just not functioning like "normal" people's brains, and although I don't have anything to worry too much about, I'm often suicidal.

I'm not saying it's all because of the weed I smoked but it definitely messed up my developing brain, I feel like I never really grown up.

I know you will just keep smoking but beginning at that age was one of the most influential mistakes in my life.

The first time I smoked I was 13. Now Im 14 and I smoke on occasion (4-6 times/month). I have definitely noticed that cannabis has had an affect on my memory. I can relate to the "being nervous about being messed up" feeling.

I began smoking weed at 15 & smoked everyday ever since (apart from a 3 month period when I needed to pass a drug test). MJ can definetly have a negative impact on your developing brain. The main issue I experienced was short term memory loss. However, you can reverse those effects by READING! Yes, I know it sounds stupid but reading educational content simulates your brain and can help raise your IQ. I read analytical pieces or interesting articles before bed to keep my brain active & in top shape.

Hmmmm..... My grades went up when I started smoking pot. It never had a noticeable effect on my memory nor has anyone ever told me they think my intelligence has declined any more than would be expected between ages 19 and 25. Idk, yes I think weed can have a negative cognitive impact on people in some cases, but I guess I believe psychiatric medications, even taken as prescribed, tend to be far more harmful in many if not most cases.

There was a significant hit in all of my schooling that correlated with my beginning of regular use at 17. Looking back on in i'd absolutely go and wait a bit longer in order to alleviate that, there's been loads of cognitive studies done on young adults and marijuana usage. The scholary section on google is a great place to look for information.