• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking weed in a room with an air conditioner

seargentbaker

Greenlighter
If the only window in my room has an air conditioner in it, can i still smoke weed in there without anyone knowing? Will it take away the smell?

no, it wont take away the smell to someone who is walking into the room for the first time since its been smoked in. Your best bet (if you cant go outside for whatever reason) is to get a toilet paper roll (just the brown cardboard part), stuff like 3-4 dryer sheets in there, and blow the smoke through the tube out an open window. Even then it will probably still leave a scent.

If the A.C. is on, and it exhausts air outside, and the exhaust rate is sufficient, it would remove the smoke faster then it can build up to be noticeable. I can't really answer the question of if is high enough rate of exhausting air to the outside, but I'd think not, as it would be really inefficient to vent all your cool air outside. If it recirculates the air, then it does jack shit about the smell, and most A.C.'s I am use to recirculate the air for the above mentioned reason of being more efficient.

So, possibly, but unlikely.

I've got the ultimate brotip for you - don't smoke inside when you can't. What's easier. making the effort to go for a 5 min walk while you smoke, or staying inside and spending the entire night on a paranoia spree trying to get rid of the smell you created...

Nope. Smoke has a habit of getting into fabrics and all kinds of things. So even though you vent the smoke out and you don't think it smells (because you've been smoking it, you get used to a small amount of the smell), people who walk in, will probs still be able to smell it.

either go out and smoke or take as many pre-cautions as possible.

Febreeze or some form of fabric spray/air freshner
A tube with dryer sheets etc... someone mentioned it above. Easyly be able to find out how to make one.
Candles
Joss sticks
try smoking a pipe or a bong, if at the moment your smoking joints/blunts.

I've taken to air sealing my door, so when I shut it, no smoke gets out. My parents don't mind me smoking in there house, just as long as the smell doesn't creep downstairs. So I try to be respectful.

I would hold off smoking inside if it's risky in any way, and just get a small vape. It's worth it. Absolutely no smell.

This is the one I have-vaporgenie
I've been using it inside my shoebox apartment for over a year with no issues... and the top can be unscrewed and placed on any metal pipe to turn it into a vape.

Last edited by a moderator:
check out snip

They have little activated carbon filters you exhale through and it takes all the smoke and smell out of your exhale.

It takes a bit of practice to keep any smoke from escaping the pipe or smokebuddy but it can be done and it works super well.

I got away with blazing in a graduate apartment in my college and nobody suspected a thing, you do have to replace it after a while though, it soaks up moisture from the air and tar and gets impossible to blow throu

Last edited by a moderator:
My apartment has a little air conditioning unit in the wall. If I have it on when I smoke and there's a lot of people over, not only does the room still bake out but it sucks a lot of the smoke and smell out into the parking lot. Right outside my door where it exhausts, it will REALLY smell like pot. I'm lucky though, only people living in my building are a bunch of college students and no has ever cared :p.

During the day when we have a big session, I make sure I turn it off just incase for the reason being people passing by and they could smell it. Basically, air conditioners don't do jack :/

Just thought i would remind everyone posting in this thread that although you are allowed to drop the name of a pipe you use if its a brand, you are NOT allow to give source links for of ANY kind. Even if you are sourcing to a place that only sells pipes and such. There is no sourcing of ANY type allowed on bluelight. It states as much in your User agreement and all guidelines.

I've got the ultimate brotip for you - don't smoke inside when you can't. What's easier. making the effort to go for a 5 min walk while you smoke, or staying inside and spending the entire night on a paranoia spree trying to get rid of the smell you created...

This post. Roll it, take a walk and smoke it. You`ll feel much better.

always smoke in an air-conditioned room.it pulls in the smoke from the room.
If you are worried about people finding out,burn incense.marijuana smoke goes away pretty quickly unlike tobacco.burn incense if you want to mask it

Like some other posters mentioned, a vape is perfect.

Before I got a vape, I used to use a zeppelin or a bowl pipe with a screw on cap. Both of these are metal and they can be snuffed between tokes by putting your finger over the flame hole. The only smoke that escapes into the room is what you blow out of your lungs. I used this with a personal sized air purifier that had a carbon filter in it. I sat next to the air purifer and blew the smoke into it.

Sitting next to a window A/C and blowing the exhaled smoke into the air exhaust will blow most of the smell outside if the A/C is set to vent outside instead of recirculate into the room. Of course, if someone is standing outside near the A/C they will smell the smoke. Putting a carbon filter sheet over the A/C filter will reduce the smell.

A joint generates a lot of side stream smoke and smoking joints indoors can be problematical. Other than what I mentioned above, some other alternatives that don't generate side stream smoke are one-hitters, either a bowl or a straight pipe.

People who don't smoke pot can smell it when you can't. Even if you don't generate side stream smoke and you vent your exhaled smoke outside, use air freshener after each smoking session. Use breath mints too. Your pipe will smell up the room if it has resin in it, so consider storing it in a sealed container. I would suggest the same for the ashes until you discard them. I always flushed my ashes so they wouldn't generate odor in the trashcan.

oozium + sploof + well vented area = 30 minutes till your room doesn't stink to high hell. I'd recommend you just toke outside, though. Also, whatever you smoke with will smell even more potently then your smoke.

Grab a vape if you really, really need to be smoking inside.

Don't let the smoke escape and ghost hit that shit. Or do what shimazu suggested. Either way it'll still smell.

If you are very close to smoking and want to smoke in your room and you want to stop its smell in your room then you can use a flavored smoke or cigarette which is not harmful to you health as compared to traditional cigarette. This doesn't contain flam. So if there is no window in your room then let it be. It won't affect your room's environment.
http://www.smokereliefnow.com/smoke-relief-electronic-cigarettes

Why go through all the trouble of trying to cover up a smell when you can't open a window? Sure, you can use febreeze, and the likes, but it's just not worth it in the long run. Go for a walk or go out in the backyard to smoke really quick or something. Saves you the hassle...

When I used to smoke along time ago, I liked to cruze around a little and enjoy some hits. If you had the a/c on and only rolled down one window, only about 3'', then it would vent out really well. I seem to remember that you still reeked a little and the car too. So you still pretty much have to do the cover-up! Some things don't change. But I hope the weed is better!

What room has no windows in it? Dont smoke at your tutoring sessions, kid.

Jokes! (not really)

Ya dont smoke in a room that just has air conditioning, itll just spread the smoke to other rooms in the house/jail/business/sylvan learning center/etc.

If you must though, burn a bounce pad or two as you smoke/after.

Ya dont smoke in a room that just has air conditioning, itll just spread the smoke to other rooms in the [...]sylvan learning center[...]

Lol...

But this is the truth, though. In my experience, window AC units don't pull smoke out of a room, they tend to push it deeper into and out of the room you're smoking in.