• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

smoking vs vaporizing

TweakFreak

Greenlighter
i have only smoked but i am curious about vaporizing but i know little of what it feels like.
what are the differences and which one do you feel makes a better high?
also i have heard that vaporizing it makes you less tired is this true?

Salutations TweakFreak,

...i am curious about vaporizing...

First of all i've found that vaporizer science yet has a long way to go before it's made suitable for everyone: cannabic vapor is dry, some people can tolerate this while others don't. Those who don't have the option to use water accessories but this washes out a significant amount of aroma/taste. By chance there are 2 solutions to dryness: some vaporizing pipes which exploit H2O production from butane burning happen to be inherently self-moisturizing, the other option being to add a tiny amount of water vapor in a conventional water-washing bong (or even better, i much prefer using a FogBong when convenient!)...

As a former hashish smoker who quit in 2007, and then discovered vaporism in 2011, i must say that smoke feels utterly repulsive to me now; as a matter of fact i recall it gave me headaches in the end... Additionally, the thought of burning half of my noble molecules just to feed a fire, as if it were vulgar charcoal, euh... Well, that's agaist rational logic IMHO - not to mention it's bad for a man's health and wallet, while vaporizers usually allow "reclaims" (condensed vapor can be re-vaped again!) and they're typically much safer too.

Depending on the strain i find that aroma/taste appreciation feels like sniffing perfume once "recirculated" (i don't "hold" much at all); smoke (via combustion) ruins it for me and its characteristic smell requires privacy, alternately. In comparison i can vape only a few feet away from cannabis smokers and most of those not familiar with vapes won't even have a clue, which renders vaporism potentially stealthier.

As for the "couch-lock" effect individual consumer habits (strain, dosage, etc.) largely determine the outcome as you can imagine. For example, 1 pipe bowl (125 mg) of Cannatonic makes me want to refill again because i don't feel a psycho-active action; hence after a few bowls i may end up sleeping on my chair (age not helping here!)...

=D

Last edited:
i have only smoked but i am curious about vaporizing but i know little of what it feels like.
what are the differences and which one do you feel makes a better high?
also i have heard that vaporizing it makes you less tired is this true?
The high is the same. The difference between the two is smoke, which is mildly sedating and also an irritant. Smoking more than 1-2 times a week increases your risk for lung disease.

I bought a vaporizer after getting some really harsh commerical. It made the stuff very tolerable and lit me up nicely.

I recommend at least trying it.

I didn't have much time to explain in my previous post but when I said a "cleaner" feeling I feel as if a vaporiser high compared to my usual ROA, pipe, is a bit more clear headed, less body load sort of feeling. Much more superior IME.

Vaporizing is more psychedelic; but you can get psychedelic effects from smoking good herb too, and it's a lot less sedating like if you vape an Indica you won't get nearly as much or any body load as you would had you smoked an Indica.

first heard of/used a vaporizer when i got my medicinal card 3 years ago...have only used medical weed in a vap BUT i was way more stoned & everything was kind of trippy...kind of psychedelic-like..i liked it...a lot

i dunno, i do both whenever and i don't find much difference myself. having said that, it's best to try it yourself! sure is healthier than smoking.

The high is the same. The difference between the two is smoke, which is mildly sedating and also an irritant. Smoking more than 1-2 times a week increases your risk for lung disease.

The high may be the same for you, but it sure isn't for many people. For me, the vaporized high is less cloudy, and more sharp/focused. It is much more like the high from eating weed cookies than smoking.

Do you have any evidence the smoking weed more than 1-2 times a week increases your risk for lung disease, or are you basing that on your gut feeling? If you have evidence, please share it.

Salutations SlimVictor,

The high may be the same for you, but it sure isn't for many people.

How many here ever felt a cold nose in apprehension of a toke (e.g. even before lighting up)?

Well, i have - but not anymore.

In the same way others are lucky enough to experience something neo-psychedelic, there was a physical manifestation triggered in me as i was preparing a "joint" for installation in my "tokeu" (smoker tool). This sensation appeared to be a significant part of my former hashish smoking addiction at the time, while dry flower vaporisation just doesn't compare: in retrospect that old habit felt juvenile somehow, hashish strains didn't matter and neither did i care much for "additives"... It all changed for the best after my initiation to vaporism.

So i think it's true the effect depends a great deal on individuals indeed.

=D

It certainly isn't a gut feeling, just a report from the surgeon general about cigarettes maybe 10 years ago that never got much popularity; also that smoking tobacco is no worse for your lungs than marijuana. This was mentioned in some medical research on medical marijuana.
The plant smoke might make a difference to your high, but all the THC is atomized by a vaporizer, if it's working right.

Last edited:
Lets not turn it into a smoking cannabis is worse than tobacco and vice versa thread... allthough I might add, smoking anything isn't good for you and vaping is the far better option in terms of lung health.

I find vaporised to be a cleaner feeling.

I agree with this. I found that when smoking with a vaporizer gave me a more manageable and subtle high as opposed to the strong and vivid high that I get from smoking with a pipe or a joint.
I suggest you try it, you might find that sort of high more to your liking.

Does anyone notice a difference in the high if they vape at different temperatures? E.g. THC vaporises at about 180C. whereas CBDs vaporise at 200C+. I always do a couple of hits at 190-200 then put the vaped material aside to raost later at 230

I do actually, we usually vape at 173c but bumping it up to 200c is more useful and gives a bit more of a body high along with the THC head high yet still cleaner feeling, yeah it roasts it but it is still not even close to breathing smoke.

yeah it roasts it but it is still not even close to breathing smoke.

That's my philosophy - when I get low I roast the remains of a 1/4 ounce at a time at 230 to really try and get everything out of it. The oil residue I get off the valve is marginally darker than it would otherwise be (that' be the impurities) but it's nothing on bar with what you get when you combust the stuff.