• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Smoking vs snorting

I remember reading some old review on heroin and its puirity on the streets, wherein it was suggested that #3 heroin (the base) was traditionally cut with caffeine, and the #4 (HCl) was cut with quinine and lactose. Obviously this would have been many, many years ago, when heroin was still heroin, and not just mystery fentalogues plus bulking agent.

I think I remember reading that the heroin base/caffeine base forms what is known as a eutectic mixture upon melting and mixing the two substances, that is, the mixture of the two compounds is easier to melt than either compound in a pure form. The reason this would be desirable would be to make smoking the product more effecient - lower melt point means easier evaporation at lower temperatures, which means the heroin is less liekly to degrade, and also easier to "run around" on foil.

I remember reading some old review on heroin and its puirity on the streets, wherein it was suggested that #3 heroin (the base) was traditionally cut with caffeine, and the #4 (HCl) was cut with quinine and lactose. Obviously this would have been many, many years ago, when heroin was still heroin, and not just mystery fentalogues plus bulking agent.

I think I remember reading that the heroin base/caffeine base forms what is known as a eutectic mixture upon melting and mixing the two substances, that is, the mixture of the two compounds is easier to melt than either compound in a pure form. The reason this would be desirable would be to make smoking the product more effecient - lower melt point means easier evaporation at lower temperatures, which means the heroin is less liekly to degrade, and also easier to "run around" on foil.

The eutectic mixture is the biggest reason caffeine is added. Nowadays I don’t think many even know that’s the reason they add it, they just do.

The only way your getting real dope these days is if you make it yourself. I’m willing to bet no heroin market in the world is safe from fentanyl at this point.

-GC

Pure stuff doesn't need to be "run around" the foil.u can chuck a qtr g rock on a bit of foil and just let it boil off in a big puddle of Reddy/black tar.
ive seen ppl chasing cut shit around
the foil and it just turns into crispy charcoal

The eutectic mixture is the biggest reason caffeine is added. Nowadays I don’t think many even know that’s the reason they add it, they just do.

The only way your getting real dope these days is if you make it yourself. I’m willing to bet no heroin market in the world is safe from fentanyl at this point.

-GC
Turkish and Afghani supply probably isn't having fent mixed in at the source
Apparently England isn't getting fent dope.rarely if at all.

U can't really melt heroin without it changing colour.u would need to dissolve both of them in a solvent
and evaporate while stirring at a low temperature

I didn't read every post but did do some light reading but in my exp of using it for roughly a decade on and off and I have always only smoked it. I have it down to an art and find it the best way to gauge your high and be in more control. So for me I will chase the dragon over anything else.

They use to use quinine as a cut bcoz of its bitter taste and before that when ppl used to share needles malaria would spread so cutting it with quininewas a way to help prevent the spread of disease.
i imagine a malaria free junkie is
a better earner than one who has
malaria

The smack here is usually SE Asian. Vietnamese primarily. Pure white powder. Safe injection sites will test, fent thank heavens is rarely if ever found. It is usually cut with glucose powder. Nevertheless it is very very good ......usually. ....It is not made for smoking.
Any sugars make shit unsmokeable

Pretty sure you are supposed to snort a line then smoke after to keep the high going, then a couple months later you go to IV for the extra kick

Last edited:
For ECP, if you want to smoke it just do what I call "spot hits"...put a small clump of powder on top of some aluminum foil, position your lighter under said foil, and inhale steadily through a straw as you turn the entirety of aforementioned clump from solid into vapor. It ain't rocket science and anyone with even the most rudimentary abilities regarding coordination and depth perception can do it well...be sure to only put the amount of drugs you can consume in one hit on the surface, though. It's different in that respect from BTH, which you can chase around a bit. From what I've seen, the amount of ECP you'd need to run it down in liquid form would make this particular ROA wasteful.

Does California tar have fentanyl in it these days? Been 4 years since i had it and it didnt have fentanyl.

ecp = "east coast powder", the kind of dope they get in the eastern United States
bth = "black tar heroin", the kind of dope they get in the western United States