• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Smoking vs snorting

Benzotrendo510

Greenlighter
Hello bluelighters, me & a friend were recently having a discussion & noticed we both experience different effects depending on these two ROAs. He claims to not feel the effects of smoking as strong as we would if snorting, maybe because of sloppy technique & the fact that he says it’s “gross”, but even after I’ve explained this & the fact that heroin has a higher bioavailability when inhaled he continues to snort out of his clogged nasal passages lol. So my question is what’s your personal or knowledgeable experience with the effects of inhalation vs intranasal? Do the effects differ for you if so how? & does one get you higher than the other & to what extent ?

Thanks for reading & for any responses, ly guys 🖤

Well first off what kind of dope are we talking? I’m assuming black tar?

I’ve done extensive research lately on heroin bioavailability and snorted is just more reliable over all, smoking BA varies because of the technique aspect like you said.

Smoking can be better than snorted but only if your technique is good. On average it’s not as good.

But of course then it matters what type of dope you have.. If it’s tar I’d rather smoke it, if it’s good east coast (long gone) then I’d snort it all day long. That said, I’ve never used typical street tar and never will. The shit I’ve seen made me wanna yak.

-GC

Last edited:
I’ve done extensive research lately on heroin bioavailability and snorted is just more reliable over all, smoking BA varies because of the technique aspect like you said

I feel ya, I've also done "extensive research" on this topic, heh ;)

My opinion on smoking ECP has changed a bit...I used to think it was stupid, and in fact, from what I've seen, this ROA seems to be nearly non-existent among users on the east coast, who tend to either snort or shoot. But nowadays I feel like it's actually not a bad way to space out your bags...you can take a hit, chill for a bit, take another hit when you feel the first one wearing off, etc, and it's not a bad way to consume the drug, if you know the proper way of utilizing this ROA and aren't wasteful.

In the western United States where I'm from it's a different story, as BTH is traditionally smoked and there's much more of a smoking ROA built into the drug "culture" there. You can snort BTH but...the most minimal-effort way of accomplishing this ("waterlooping") is uncomfortable, lets put it that way. Chances are that if you're consuming BTH this way, you're probably in jail. However, for those willing to delay the immediate effect of smoked BTH, and the discomfort of inhaling liquid, those lucky souls will experience the unique effect of snorted BTH, which consists of a (compared to IV) minor rush/come-up lasting around 3-5 minutes.

Chances are that if you're consuming BTH this way, you're probably in jail. H
Lol someone who knows 😂 using the toothpaste caps is the way we did it. Let me tell you. If you been in county for awhile, your opiate tolerance will have dropped significantly & this ROA personally got me high as hell

Do u guys get much variety in jail?
All we got here is bupe and occasional cut H or ms contin from a dirty syringe.
Every now and then some pot pops up but now that cigarettes are banned and lighters aren't available I don't see how you could smoke it easily.

Every now and then some pot pops up but now that cigarettes are banned and lighters aren't available I don't see how you could smoke it easily.
Well I've seen people literally sneak in a mini Bic lighter along with foil and they was smoking it in their cell lol. But mostly we just had Heroin & Meth brought in. People would do lines for the meth. And like started earlier mix the BTH with water, lay back and pour that in their nose

I’m in Cali & can only find bth & straight fentanyl powder, We typically mix our bth with lactose powder, some do a 1 to 1 ratio but I prefer it dark at around 1 part tar & about 0.5-0.75 lac. We call that clack or blend out here in the Sf Bay Area lol. But I’ve recently been going with smoking with my trusty foil as my ROA. I wish I could try some east coast powder I hear the potency is typically higher & as a fentanyl user the occasional fent cut wouldn’t bother me at all.
Thanks for all the replies I’ll make sure to do some proper testing of my own with the smoking vs snorting at matching dosages.

Thanks all 🖤

I’ve found bth smoked to be more of a nod type high more than anything & requiring large doses to achieve, the effects before that at least for me are subtle to say the least, where snorting bth I’ve found to be extremely euphoric compared to smoking, especially at lower doses with more of a rush as said above, smoking also has a rush but it’s different can’t quite put my finger on how though, while snorting still provides a similar nod at similar doses to smoking.

Tips for smoking

put it all in and melt it until it turns into shatter remove this shatter. You can now pick a little bit off and smoke that this is the best way for beginners

move the foil not the lighter

have patience smoking actually takes a while to peak people think they need five hits but they don't it's only because their the first hit is peaking by the time they have the fifth.

If your getting shit stuff it won't make a difference I can tell by the taste theirs some harsh stuff going around atm but it's damn strong

Won't the screws well you some tobbacoo and a lighter just tell them the lighter is for the tobacco and come up with an excuse for some foil and your sorted great thing about heroin is theirs so many places to hide it because it's so small even a few grams

I’m in Cali & can only find bth & straight fentanyl powder, We typically mix our bth with lactose powder, some do a 1 to 1 ratio but I prefer it dark at around 1 part tar & about 0.5-0.75 lac. We call that clack or blend out here in the Sf Bay Area lol. But I’ve recently been going with smoking with my trusty foil as my ROA. I wish I could try some east coast powder I hear the potency is typically higher & as a fentanyl user the occasional fent cut wouldn’t bother me at all.
Thanks for all the replies I’ll make sure to do some proper testing of my own with the smoking vs snorting at matching dosages.

Thanks all 🖤
Do u smoke the tar w/lactose in it?

Well I've seen people literally sneak in a mini Bic lighter along with foil and they was smoking it in their cell lol. But mostly we just had Heroin & Meth brought in. People would do lines for the meth. And like started earlier mix the BTH with water, lay back and pour that in their nose
If I ever get unsmokeable tar now I know what to do.toothpaste caps

Thanks all 🖤
Smoking and snorting are about = in potency for H

Tips for smoking

put it all in and melt it until it turns into shatter remove this shatter. You can now pick a little bit off and smoke that this is the best way for beginners

move the foil not the lighter

have patience smoking actually takes a while to peak people think they need five hits but they don't it's only because their the first hit is peaking by the time they have the fifth.

If your getting shit stuff it won't make a difference I can tell by the taste theirs some harsh stuff going around atm but it's damn strong
Pure stuff is fuking delicious and trying to smoke H with any of the usual cuts:
lactose, glucose/flour etc make it harsh.sugars are the worst and smoking them results in migraines.
Flour is harsh but not too bad.if caffeine was being used as cut it will smoke fine.but once u taste pure you'll never be satisfied with cut.what colour is this shatter u speak of?

Won't the screws well you some tobbacoo and a lighter just tell them the lighter is for the tobacco and come up with an excuse for some foil and your sorted great thing about heroin is theirs so many places to hide it because it's so small even a few grams
You've obviously never been in jail in a white country.the guards don't sell things to prisoners.maybe in other more corrupt country's they will but not in America/UK/Australia

No we only snort the tar with lactose, & smoke the bth straight. & Thanks for the smoking tips above will give those a try. 🖤

Caffeine,MSM,n-isopropylbenzylamine,
niacin,phenethylamine and L,alanine are all used to cut meth and will be fine for cutting h if it's intended to be smoked.sugar, lactose,glucose make stuff unsmokeable and possibly mannitol/xylitol might make anything cut with it also unsmokeable.adding gelatine to tar or h will make stuff unshootable if that's the intention to keep ppl from whacking tar(which they probably shouldn't). I could also post a purification of tar to less tarry to non tar h if anyone wants it.ppl also cut meth with wax but I don't recommend this with meth or tar.who knows how bad wax is for the lungs.

Where I live the predominant cut of choice for "heroin" seems to be caffeine. Back in the days pre-fentanyl crisis, "good" street dope was a mix of about 40-60% heroin and the remainder caffeine. It worked fine no matter how you wanted to take it - people seemed to smoke it just fine, it dissolved in water for injection/snorting too.

Nowadays the "heroin" is almost always very very impure, the real active ingredient being fentanyl, or sometimes carfentanyl as well. Heroin is still added but only at a very low level, no more than 25%, to produce the characteristic "heroin taste/smell". Funny enough if you ask people, they will insist that they are the only people around who get uncut heroin, even when their product is obviously fentanyl based...

I don't think ppl started using caffeine to cut anything in my country until
RC cathinones became a thing.as for heroin it's always been cornflour or lactose, glucose,flour or someone off the shelf shit.a few yrs ago I seen some that looked like fluoro yellow vomit.i have no idea what that was cut with.