• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking the leaves of Marijuana

Lol if someone gave me a bunch of leaves and I couldn't cook them, I'd save them and roll them up in a blunt or some shit.

hmmm. less THC in the leaves, since the leaves contain many important systems for the plant that aid in photosynthesis and, thus, production of energy (ATP) and glucose. so, yes, more leaves must be smoked to get AS high as smoking the buds. the bud have more THC in them, but I am not sure WHY. (like I don't know what the evolutionary advantage of the THC traveling to the buds is.)

cough* cough *BUBBLE* cough * cough*

butter good too but u can do that afterward anyway now cant you? Back in the 60 70 and 80s smoking/selling them was much more except ble then it is today.

I don't think leaves actually produce THC, but that when the plant's growing (and is therefor sticky and moist) some of the trichomes stick to the leaves from the buds. Might be well wrong though.

I reckon some of the THC sticks to the leaves because i had a cone of leaves & i felt a small buzz not intense stoned like when smoking buds though

how do you make the tea or hash

HOW TO MAKE MARIJAUANA BUTTER FOR TEA (using leaves)

INGREDIENTS
Butter: 2 sticks unsalted
Leaf Matter: 1 Pot=approx. 3 ounces (use less if using bud)

Bring 2-3 cups water and butter to boil. Add as many leaves as you can fit in your pan and cover with the butter/water mixture. Continue boiling for about 1 hour. Mash and stir frequently to make sure all THC is extracted from the leaves into the butter. After cooking strain butter from leaf using cheese cloth. Boil a cup of water and use it to rinse out every last drop of butter from the leaves. Be sure to squeeze the leaves well to get all the butter out. Put liquid in fridge (or freezer) to cool. When the butter has solidified pour off water. Butter will keep in fridge or freezer, but keeps best in cooked food!

making hash require butane gas which is dangerous so i wouldn't suggest it unless you know what you are doing

Would it be reasonable to use the leaves to make a cannabis cigar paper? Regular cigar paper is made from tobacco leaves...I think I saw something about doing it with pot online once..

They do have THC content, just less than the buds, obviously because they're thinner. Apparently they give you the giggles, but if so you'd need about 6-7 cones in a row for mid tolerance to get fucked I assume.

I had several pounds of leaves at one point so for awhile I wasn't smoking bud and I would just roll fat blunts of the leaves and crumble them very very fine so i could pack more into the blunt. But then when I ran out and started smoking buds again it was great :>

(blunt, as in several paper joints, not really cigar blunts)

Yeah, it will. It will just be nasty and low potency. Kind of like getting drunk on cooking sherry I guess. You can do it - but I wouldn't. Leaves in baked goods or hash/hash oil though are great.

the leaves have a very very low THC content.. but some none the less

throw the leaves away. they're not worth the hassel. thats my opinion. the leaves of an apple tree don't taste like apples because they are not the fruit, the apples are. the leaves of a marijuanna plant don't get you high because they are not the fruit, the buds are.

What about sugar leaf dude? i've seen some pretty crystally leaves

same, but i guess it doesn't compare to the amount of crystals on the nugs. i've heard that you can use the leaves to make tea, etc. but i also heard if you smoke them it gives you a really bad headache? thats why I'VE never tried it.

i got a good amount of leaves so maybe ill try it a little later

dude u can smoke anything , u can smoke toilet paper if u want to , will it get u high probally not - smoking pot leaves wont get u backed but its healthyer than smoking toilet paper for sure lol, let me refraise - it might get u high if ur tolerance is super low but as for most stoners its kinda like smoking tea

i had this really well grown stuff, it was beautiful bud with the exception that it did need to be trimmed up a bit, so i was like "i dont like looking at these leaves" so i plucked them off this bud, had about a bowl and decided to smoke it.....

got high as fuck.....

if the weed those leaves belong to was high quality it might get you pretty baked....