• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Smoking poppy pod tea

Las Veghost grower

Bluelighter
Been playing with pods today found a way to make it pretty smokeable, boil the pods with around tablespoon distilled white vinegar per half gallon for 4-5 hours then strain out the plant matter, boil off all the water, then add as little boiling water as possible to the poppy resin, you’ll see most of the fats precipitate out then strain through coffee filter, do this step again to get more solids out…this make a decent smokable product

Last edited:
Been playing with pods today found a way to make it pretty smokeable, boil the pods for 4-5 hours then strain out the plant matter, boil off all the water, then add as little boiling water as possible to the poppy resin, you’ll see most of the fats precipitate out then strain through coffee filter, do this step again to get more solids out…this make a decent smokable product

When pods were plentiful years ago i used to make various opium like and even more refined products. In some ways i forgot exactly the procedures i used though they were straightforward. I used to take fastidious notes and would even rate the bitterness of each pod grounds on a bitterness scale of 1-4. I would tape a sample of the ground pods to the associated note pad so I'd have a color reference. Such is the nature when of things when you're taking 160mg of methylphenidate a day, and tinkering with poppy pods 🤣

When pods were plentiful years ago i used to make various opium like and even more refined products. In some ways i forgot exactly the procedures i used though they were straightforward. I used to take fastidious notes and would even rate the bitterness of each pod grounds on a bitterness scale of 1-4. I would tape a sample of the ground pods to the associated note pad so I'd have a color reference. Such is the nature when of things when you're taking 160mg of methylphenidate a day, and tinkering with poppy pods 🤣
I’m not sure where I want to go next, any suggestions for more simple purification ?

I’m not sure where I want to go next, any suggestions for more simple purification ?

Frankly none of it was the useful for me (nor practical). I had a pretty decent sided habit at around 40g ground pod powder a day. Most of the time I'd make a dark brown bitter as hell beverage with it using a stove top espresso maker, its essentially a steam extraction.

The refined isolates were just an amusement for me, you would need a huge amount of pods for that to be practical.

Frankly none of it was the useful for me (nor practical). I had a pretty decent sided habit at around 40g ground pod powder a day. Most of the time I'd make a dark brown bitter as hell beverage with it using a stove top espresso maker, its essentially a steam extraction.

The refined isolates were just an amusement for me, you would need a huge amount of pods for that to be practical.
Yea I just got a lb and so far only extracted about half lb, buzzin pretty good right now and only did what was unscrapable in the pot, doing second boil now,prolly have at least 5g of extract, they were huge pods tho almost the size of a tennis ball, I don’t know if dude hooked me up cause I’m a first time custi or what but they pretty damn good, and my tolerance is still pretty low tho…thunking about adding some calcitic lime, think that’s suppose to create a morphine layer on the top of the water while dropping out more solids

Sorry to tell you but that wont work
Yea I just got a lb and so far only extracted about half lb, buzzin pretty good right now and only did what was unscrapable in the pot, doing second boil now,prolly have at least 5g of extract, they were huge pods tho almost the size of a tennis ball, I don’t know if dude hooked me up cause I’m a first time custi or what but they pretty damn good, and my tolerance is still pretty low tho…thunking about adding some calcitic lime, think that’s suppose to create a morphine layer on the top of the water while dropping out more solids
. Sorry to tell you but that wont work.
You would need caustic lime, real Opium, not pod extracts. The problem with pod extract is the pectins, and other assorted garbage that will prevent any precipitate.
There ARE a few ways, Google Janos Kabay, but you would need a huge amount for anything. And the biggest killers are the guys who decoded poppies alkaloid production. In india they made a Somniferum which produces no latex at all.
Biggest problem is that while there are huge poppy fields, they now produced hundreds of strains with alkaloids below 0.2%and thats all alkaloids, not just M.
Now if you in UK your lucky! To be independent of Afghanistan, UK has been growing big fields for pharmaceutical companys. Theres a vid somewhere on YT where they show it and even give the location. You cant guard a field that size so maybe a nighttime trip? That would pay off big. You brits are a lucky bunch except for rent . That seems expensive especially in London.

Right now I’m just boiling off and adding water till no more solids/fats ect. can be filtered off using separators funnel for the bulk of it, I’m on the third cleaning still removing a good amount of stuff but now when it boils down it is a honey like consistency that will bubble kinda like BHO when after the initial extract it was a really hard sticky mass… I might try sodium hydroxide and hepetane, I think the pH has to be around 9 for morphine to precipitate out ? Right now I definitely have a smokable tar but want to see how much further I can take it, just for shits and giggles

Last edited:
Good shit man, I think I’ll evaporate off the water 1 more time and see how it it then try the freezing method, I think Iv gotten rid of most of the plant fats waxes n lipids already so should be interesting to see how freezing turns out..I started just boiling the whole pods for 4ish hours then boiled off that water for a pretty nice tea/resin, then took the mushy pods and blended them up with water for the second extraction, so more shit to get rid of in the second run

Last edited:
Just boiled off the water for what I think was the 4th defat/wax and almost immediately after turning the heat off it turned really brittle and hard to scrape, really light brown like a hard resin that I could prolly powder eventually, tried to vape off foil but didn’t work, so made a foil pipe and just smoked it like hash and definitely felling something from it, also made some tea with it so I’m guessing it will work pretty well, I like it

When pods were plentiful years ago i used to make various opium like and even more refined products. In some ways i forgot exactly the procedures i used though they were straightforward. I used to fastidiously take notes and would even rate the bitterness of each pod grounds on a bitterness scale of 1-4. I would tape a sample of the ground pods to the associated note pad so I'd have a color reference. Such is the nature when of things when you're taking 160mg of methylphenidate a day, and tinkering with poppy pods 🤣
right lol, makes you creative

Something kind of interesting happened, I was using a seperstory funnel to separate most of the fats out and just draining them into a cup, I had about a half cup of the fats/poppy tea water and over night the fat completely separated as a layer on the bottom of the cup, then a layer of the poppy tea and now there is a thin layer on top of the tea layer, I scooped some out with a spoon and letting it dry out but need to find a better way to separate it, and ideas what it could be ? It’s like an off white color and looks like it might dry to powder

Man the pods are amazing, can’t believe I wasted so much money on dope..had I known pods could be this good I would have just started growing my own poppies years ago, I’m setting up a 3x6 raised bed so hopefully next year there will be a nice harvest of pods

I used to use pod tea almost twenty years ago now. It's amazing. They can even have you puking and nodding.
I was nodding hard last night ! The only kinda annoying thing is it does make you a little itchy, I think that’s from the coedine not morphine tho ? I remember feeling itchy like this off norco back in the day

Poppy tea is just oral opium, so it's definitely a good opiate, it is in fact the original opiate. I prefer it over all other opiates I've ever tried, including heroin (actual heroin from back in the day). I'm sure IVing is better, but I refuse to IV.
I feel like it’s kind of a hidden gem, pods are kinda pricey payed 140$ for a lb but that will last me 5/6 days, so still pretty cheap compared to my dope habit