• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Smoking opium off foil

zebedee79

Bluelighter
Can opium be smoked off foil like regular H? I'm getting a gram and don't want to waste, but when I've looked online I get conflicting reports some saying it will burn others say it runs. If not what's then best way without a opium pipe. I haven't got it yet, but it's apparently the real stuff, not something that's been mashed together boiling poppy pods.

Can opium be smoked off foil like regular H? I'm getting a gram and don't want to waste, but when I've looked online I get conflicting reports some saying it will burn others say it runs. If not what's then best way without a opium pipe. I haven't got it yet, but it's apparently the real stuff, not something that's been mashed together boiling poppy pods.
I used bowls like cannabis bowls or bongs with a screen in the bowl part while it has no water; due to water taking some of the opiates in opium. Then I take huge tokes of it and clear the bong- it's like a super rush and high/good taste I can't quite describe. It's kinda like how flowers smell but that as the taste. Try the bowl or bong, with a wire screen to let it burn and sit on the screen without wasting any if it at all. IMO I would use a bong without water, & a screen in the bowl like I stated above. It's the best and best way to get a really nice rush, buzz, & high.

Cool mate, i'll look into that. I got a bong laying around that I never use. I read somewhere that hot knives are good for O, do I'll give that a go as well.

Cool mate, i'll look into that. I got a bong laying around that I never use. I read somewhere that hot knives are good for O, do I'll give that a go as well.
Dont do hot knifing mate, it'll fuck it up real quick and you'll loose so much. Just bong it but be sure to use a screen or make one. You can cut out a small screen from your screen door or window. Just burn all the shit off it first the put it in the bowl of the bong and do as I said above. Don't take too much, take it slow my methods get you super fucked up really fast and you nodd off most of the time. I just take normal hits off it while I wake up and I'm more wake than nodding. Be safe mate, tell us if you're okay? After your use with the bong or whatever you personally want to use IME and IMO the bong or bowl is BEST.

Also, please, please take it SLOW! Do not go ape shit crazy mate that's a nob head thing to do. "You can take more, but never less." -Blue Light motto IMO

Cheers mate, got a fair tolerance but I've never used opium before so I'll take it easy

You can use foil, although foil'ing drugs is a learned practice unlike some other simple ROA's like for instance, ingestion which are pretty much idiot proof. As silly as I'm sure this will sound to outsiders, performing the ROA properly requires a deal of skill, knowledge and general dexterity. Even if you're a heavy Heroin smoker and you've perfected an efficient means of getting the vapor into your lungs, Opium, due to its different composition is going to defy what you're used to in terms of how it will vaporize. This could lead to a lot of waste.

Always be skeptical of buying Opium off the street if you're outside of its traditional production area and immediate hinterland. The laws of smuggling and wider economics are going to dictate reducing the size of their product as much as possible before export. Refinement to Morphine Base isn't difficult or time-consuming either. It just begs the question, why would anyone smuggle Opium all that way for 1/10th the proceeds? Trust me, the market for Opium ain't big enough just from High School kids and the occasional Dead Head.

I agree that opium isn't around so much, I don't think it would be sourcing to say I'm getting off the darknet. The vendors reputable and only sells a few products, but time will tell. My tolerance is as low as it's been in years but I am using again so now is prob the best time to try. Thought about trying it before but there didn't seem point as was smoking a gram or more of H a day. I'll post a trip report when I can.

It appears on the DNMs quite frequently. I think it is successful on there because people that are not usually into opiates can often be more inclined to give traditional opium a go, as it is perceived as more culturally significant (or "cool") than heroin or pills.

I bought a gram once. I didn't have much success with it on foil, so I gave up and tried the rest orally. It was pretty nice, but not the most cost effective opioid high.

I just feel it would be much easier and cheaper to buy Morphine and Codeine. That's all Opium is, at least as far as what you're actually after.

How it smokes depends on the opium. In my experience, raw opium, scored from the pods, was quite difficult. It clogged my pipe with a thick oil and was mostly wasted. When I tried it off foil, it flared up into a crispy ball of tar that wouldn't produce any smoke.

If the opium has been refined, it can be smoked out a pipe like hash or vaped off of foil or glass. I found that pressing a spot onto the foil and hitting it with a flame for a second melts it onto the surface nicely and vapes quite well.

I just feel it would be much easier and cheaper to buy Morphine and Codeine. That's all Opium is, at least as far as what you're actually after.

The cost isn't too bad, and it's ready to smoke. But I think it'll be a novelty thing, as you said other opiates are more readily available.

There is a lot of bullshit western over-hyping of "smoking opium"
It has taken on this cultural baggage of decadence and mystique.

Admittedly, i've only ever smoked opium in makeshift, non-traditional attempts at vaping it - and as nice as it was, it was never really worth the fucking around.
"Smoking" opium in the traditional way it has been done for 1000s of years sounds quite amazing - as friends from iran, afghanistan or thailand have described it to me.
But i never had the know-how/implements - or refined, legit product [just shitty fat/latex backyard amateur goop]

Better off chucking a (small!) lump in your coffee, than fucking around trying to smoke it off foil or whatever.

Full spectrum opium tea - on the othwr hand - is something kinda special.

So special that i have to impose strict rules with myself not to consune them...

But still - opium tea is something i have fond memories of...i just have to also remember the horrible soul-crushing reality of habituation to said substance.

...that said; i always prefered a good opium tea to heroin or pharmaceceutical opiates/oids.

Sad irony is that opium has a very protracted detox/wd ....but anyways; bit off topic.

tl;dr ~

Oral is a really good ROA for "opium" IME ;)

Last edited:
There is a lot of bullshit western over-hyping of "smoking opium"
It has taken on this cultural baggage of decadence and mystique.

Admittedly, i've only ever smoked opium in makeshift, non-traditional attempts at vaping it - and as nice as it was, it was never really worth the fucking around.
"Smoking" opium in the traditional way it has been done for 1000s of years sounds quite amazing - as friends from iran, afghanistan or thailand have described it to me.
But i never had the know-how/implements - or refined, legit product [just shitty fat/latex backyard amateur goop]

Better off chucking a (small!) lump in your coffee, than fucking around trying to smoke it off foil or whatever.

Full spectrum opium tea - on the othwr hand - is something kinda special.

So special that i have to impose strict rules with myself not to consune them...

But still - opium tea is something i have fond memories of...i just have to also remember the horrible soul-crushing reality of habituation to said substance.

...that said; i always prefered a good opium tea to heroin or pharmaceceutical opiates/oids.

Sad irony is that opium has a very protracted detox/wd ....but anyways; bit off topic.

tl;dr ~

Oral is a really good ROA for "opium" IME ;)

I didn't want to get too crazy with attacking the "cultural construct of Opium smoking", but I'm in agreement with you Space. Opium is just another way for people to do what they want (use Opiates) but say "it's not Heroin, it's all natural!" and look down on others who use regular street drugs.

I use opium because it is the only source of opiates that I have steady access to. It allows me to lead some semblance of a functional life while maintaining a habit which, in all honesty, I'd rather not fucking have. I don't romanticise the stuff. I definitely don't look down on anybody because of it; if anything, it has helped me to understand what others go through with regards to opiate addiction.

You on the other hand Keif, seem to have no problem making such judgemental generalisations.

You're right Kaden. I think an apology to anyone concerned is in order, including yourself. I made kind of a broad, sweeping statement based off of my own personal experiences with people. I shouldn't typecast people like that and I do apologize. I understand that there are definitely places where Opium as a drug is still prevalent, but I was going off of, like I said, my own experiences.

using a glass nail that you use to take dabs with is the best way to smoke opium or tar. i would say about 3X more efficient material wise.

ive seen that many people that believe they are smoking opioum are actually smoking tar heroin without realizing it....the only people that want to buy heroin are heroin addicts....everyone wants to buy opium though because its "not as bad"....therefore people selling heroin sell it to non heroin addicts as opium

Just want to thank everyone for there input, and the bong seemed to be the best way to go. I doubt I'll buy it again, it's got nothing on heroin. Interesting to try but if your used to stronger opiates then not much point really.