• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking method suggestions?

DutchMasta

Greenlighter
alright so i have been smoking pretty much every day for the past year. my tolerance is pretty jacked so when i smoke i barely get high and when i do it doesnt last very long and smoking more only makes me sleepy but doesnt add to the high or keep it going. tomorrow is 420 and im getting a half and i really wanna get high lol anybody have any suggestions to help me achieve more euphoria when i smoke? i mainly take gb's and smoke blunts/bowls btw anyone think gravity bongs boost your tolerance even more? help a brotha out

Salutations DutchMasta,

...my tolerance is pretty jacked...

When that happens to me alergy-like symptoms such as nasal congestion and irritated eyes may appear to resurface, which is the case right now.

It seems the HerbalAire's "locomotive" effect may be involved, in comparison my modded VG pipe probably cuts load weight by a factor of 2 ~ 3... If i'm not mistaking, using 1 g i get 8 pipe bowls, that's 125 mg per bowl and 1 bowl provides me 5 ~ 6 tokes, so if we rationalize that's 4 bowls or 20 ~ 24 tokes daily while guys like me would require between 3 ~ 5 tokes to enjoy his time for the next ~4 hours, YMMV. So lets say in the morning we start with 3 tokes, if the morning is defined as 7:00 then 4 hours later it's 11:00, time for maybe 4 or 5 tokes... Then possibly ~3 hours later, 14:00 when the sunrays are shining in my veranda why not a solid 5 tokes, which takes us to another 3 hours later, or 17:00. Time for lunch, then desert: 5 more tokes!... Then near 20:00 i get an urge for some serious collation, e.g. 6 tokes! So at the evening news (23:00) i have already used 3 (@7:00) + 4 ~ 5 (@11:00) + 5 (@14:00) + 5 (@17:00) + 6 (@20:00), euh... 23 ~ 24 tokes over an initial capital of 0.5 g or 4 bowls or 20 ~ 24 tokes. Time for bed!!

Of course there's a trick: i vaporize and hence i avoid destroying my noble molecules just to feed a fire as if it were charcoal. My scenario shows it's not unrealistic to maintain some reasonable level of tolerance while having plenty of cannabic experience, but if i switch to my HerbalAire which gives me habits probably as wasteful as smoking then ½ g/d doesn't sound attainable anymore. As a result i'd trongly suggest you consider vaporism, the VG pipe has a learning curve but there are rewards in that and this is self-humidifying (electric units are not)...

...only makes me sleepy but doesnt add to the high...

If you could experience at least a couple days as described above!... Flirt with your tolerance threshold, surf on the safe edge. For this a precision tool would help, 125 mg bowls would be a start, not to mention it cools down between each inhalation - which just ain't no option using a cigarette/joint. Think of it, a vaporizer pipe like the VG Classic has no continuous fire inside; instead i vaporize using the hot gas stream resulting from clean butane burning, which generates energy + H2O + CO2 and i figure 15 ~ 30 ppm of "impurities" from the butane can that i prefer to call "comet dust". Some people will argue there's more contaminants to breath on a sidewalk or even some buildings, others who can stand electric dryness will abandon the benefits of inlet self-moisturizing in fear of whatever comes with butane gas.

Though since effect lasting is desired then i'd suggest you give edibles a thought too. This might even integrate resinous reclaims...

Yet i'm confident you'd find it less wasefull to actually consume your 0.5 g capital using "on-demand" vaporisation: light-up/inhale/enjoy, reapeat a couple times then relax a few hours... VaporGenie pipes can be affordable, think long-term!

...have any suggestions to help me achieve more euphoria when i smoke?

Get pro-active for starters, surprize yourself with music, games, etc. Dame Cannabis accomplishes no miracles we can't perform ourselves. Also, avoid crossing the tolerance threshold too much!

...btw anyone think gravity bongs boost your tolerance even more?

aHummm... Boost your tolerance, as in build up insensitivity to cannabis??!

I believe, on the contrary, it may be about time for you to stand back and acquire some different perspective. In any case i know my "high" doesn't improve when i acquire tolerance to cannabis, at least i can tell that much! Really, the periods when i enjoy it best is when i avoid couch-locks and such. But YMMV!

Good luck with getting even higher...

=D

Last edited:
I've never understood how some people thing that G-bongs raise your tolerance or get you higher. Personally I find them to be a time wasteful novelty, but to each their own.
My suggestion is for you to grind up all your bud and collect the keif (assuming you have a compatable grinder) and take all that crystal to the dome! Happy 420

Smoking is smoking.

Only way to bypass tolerance and achieve the desired result is to inhale more weed smoke per breath, and to take more hits overall. Essentially, you've gotta smoke more.

Gravity bongs are a fuckin' great way to burn through a ton of tree in a handful of hits. Me, though? I'd recommend learning to take smaller, more controlled hits to get yourself where you wanna be. Medium-sized bubblers are good for conservation and, depending on your piece, can be efficient as fuck.

G-bong'll get you fried, though, no doubt. I just view it as a wasteful way to get high.

Vaping is the way forward. You can only hold so much in your lungs, better if it's THC vapour than a load of harsh burnt smoke. Smoking is so wasteful, bad for you, etc. Pretty sure my lung capacity has improved since I stopped smoking too.

I fully agree with drgreenthumb .
Since I've started vaping, my lungs hurt so much less and I am able to achieve a plateu of high that I wasn't able to achieve normally by smoking.

You could eat some! You have to heat it tho. Try crackers and cheese with a gram grinded on top then microwave until melted! I know that's not smoking but it gets you baked

Try boiling it in milk & drinking it, you can add sugar, chocolate, spices & stuff if it needs to taste better. Extra efficiency points if you're using bud you've already vaped. Then vape some as well & feel like a teenager with no tolerance again.

With vaping & then eating what I've vaped I think I'm getting 3x more out of my weed. Feeling much healthier too. Vaping seems to make me more alert rather than sleepy, but that vaped bud hot chocolate often puts me to sleep.

Not sure what I'll do when it's not possible to consume more, I guess that's the time for the dreaded 'tolerance break'.