• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Smoking Meth. Oral Cancer or smoking to much?

Ice_Queen99

Greenlighter
I’ve been smoking nonstop for a couple of weeks now And I just noticed I’ve been getting little bumps on the back of my tongue and now I have a huge one further back could this just be from smoking so much or do I have oral cancer it doesn’t hurt to swallow but it just feels like I have something stuck in my throat. Wanted to know if it’s just meth sores or I should go get medical attention? Click on link to see picture.

Hi Ice_Queen, Welcome to BL

Honestly this is something that can't be diagnosed over the internet (nice job on the pic though). Even with an ENT, ear, nose & throat doctor, a biopsy would probably be needed to confirm something like cancer. Still I highly doubt that a few weeks or even a few months/ years of smoking would be the sole cause for cancer, other wise the anti-drug warriors would have plastered it all over the news and PSA's. Medical Journals would confirm.

Maybe try gargling salt water for now and think about seeing the doc if things don't clear up after cessation of the smoking. Hope it gets better soon.

Most likely some sort of infection .. there is some evidence that meth is a crazy strong antiviral / antibacterial but your lifestyle is usually absolute shit when your going on runs. I've had minor relapses of glandular fever and the like after multi week runs .. or at least I think that's what it is .. spotty white crap at the back of the throat. My glands sometimes used to furr over completely and I couldn't swallow .. yummy!

You know the drill .. lay off the drugs .. eat well .. drink enough fluids and see a doctor if it don't get batter.

I'd be AMAZED if it's cancer (unless you've previously had throat cancer .. in which case - rush to the ENT and do not pass go). it's just the paranoia talking .. maybe get some sleep .. some PROPER sleep too ..

edited: to add risk if you've previously had throat cancer. Relapse of that killed the dad of a friend of mine a few years ago. Chilling stuff.

Probably not cancer. Much more likely that your gear got too hot or was cut with something harsh (happened to me literally yesterday so I feel ya- gargling with saltwater helps.) Keep an eye out for tonsil stones too. They give you that something-stuck-in-your-throat kinda feeling, smokers are especially prone to them (same goes with insufflation), and they get worse when your tonsils are inflamed which yours appear to be. The dots on your tongue are inflamed pappilae. That inflammation traps bacteria and that's how you end up with a white/ furry-feeling tongue. Don't forget, your ears, nose, and throat are all connected so don't be surprised if your ears start to bother you next and if you see a spot or two behind your uvula, it's most likely just post nasal drip (strep is another less-likely possibility but you should be able to distinguish clearly between spots caused by strep, and those from post nasal drip or tonsil stones after just a couple min with Google.

Soo my advice is to give your body time to heal (aka give Tina a break, and rehydrate). Google tonsil stones and remove if you've got em. Then, Gargle with warm saltwater and brush (don't forget your tongue) a minimun of 3 times a day. Invest in Biotene mouthwash and toothpaste which helps combat dry mouth (use them after every smoke session from now on). If you do all that and it doesn't get better or gets worse, see a dr. in case there's a need for antibiotics for infection (signs of infection might include pus and coughing up bloody, yellow, or green mucus)

But I feel ya, I was dealing with same shit this morning... I am wondering if we had similar shit gear though - I was thinking mine was actually n-iso (no euphoria at all, barely kept me awake last night, but had me feeling sick and super anxious this morning, hives and oral inflammation/ chemical burns even though I never let my gear burn at all). It was my first time smoking in over a month and I did half of what I normally would. Most of the swelling went down a couple hours after gargling and taking some aspirin, and benadryl helped with most of the other side effects. But my tongue still feels irritated and OJ (my comedown go-to) hurt like hell so you'll probably want to avoid that or anything else that might irritate it. I read things like milk, honey, and yogurt help with the swelling but I haven't tried it yet. But above all else stay hydrated and swish with some salt water- you'll be fine.