• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Smoking meth & cleaning pipe

Not if you are using a bubbler. A torch lighter will melt the bowl very quickly, as I found out the hard way mid-session not long ago.
A bubbler? Like a dope bong you mean, right? I am not crazy about them. I have an easier time with just a regular pipe. Also I never smoke with a torch if I can help it. But why is it melting your bowl? I have never seen that happen. Most of the bongs I have had or the homies have had are homemade out of a plastic bottle and a regular piezo. Tho one easy way to make one quick is to take about 1 1/2 feet of surgical tubing the same size as your stem, fit the stem of the pipe in one end. Then make a loop out of the tubing. Put a little bit of water in the tube then hold it so that the end with the pipe is pointing away from you while the other end is pointing toward you with the tube in a downward loop. Put the end in your nose and light that shit!!!!

I mean these bowls which you use with mini water pipes with a vertical stem. They are great to smoke out of but they melt if you try and torch them clean.

I feel sorry for those who live in places where pipes are illegal. I just throw used ones in the trash and call a certain number and have new ones delivered to me free of charge!
Lol I know right?! idk where you are or if we can give locations but here in WA state it is hella laid back. Bubbles on every corner (gotta call em incense/oil burners or rose holders), mobile needle exchange, it's pretty much decriminalized here. ALSO, I forgot to mention earlier, if you want to use the heat method to clean your piezo but don't have a torch you can use hand sanitizer. It burns hot like alcohol but steady because it's in gel form. Takes a little longer but I have literally seen people blow a pipe using only hand sanitizer!!!

Back when I first started and actually only a kid lol, my dealer took me to the corner store and got a few “car air freshener” liquid in a test tube with plastic cap. Cheap glass and blew thin if you weren’t careful. At 11 I thought that was sooo cool smh.

i personally use:
-acetone or hand sanitizer (lol if i run out of acetone). you can soak in acetone to clean, the hand sanitizer will need to be applied and scrubbed around the pipe
-qtips and incense ashes with a small amount of acetone or hand sanitizer. make an abrasive paste to remove stains
-magic erasers cut into small pieces to clean inside stains. can also clean stains on the outside
-damp microfiber cloth to buff away brown spots on outside of pipe
-last resort is always a small torch on a medium setting. torches thin out the glass and make them wear a lot quicker.

If you load your bowl the right way and smoke it properly, all you need is a q-tip with a little water on it. Should wipe out any residue that's left behind after the dope is gone.

magic erasers and qtips
this just introduces fine fibers into your pipe causing your product to burn and wrecking your pipe. just use a little torch lighter and swirl it in little circles until it's all clean. works like a charm. eventually you will have to blow a new pipe as the glass thins. take your mapp torch and melt into a wad and blow a new bubble!

never had a single issue with any of that. tiny peice of magic eraser and a lil water, no scratches, fibers, taste, reblowing, burns...just worx idfk8(

Having a really hard time with bubbles I buy at the shop that have been bulked from China with apparently no individual wrapping...and are either scratched to shit, inconsistent thickness, etc.

Hoping to dispel some myths I've been operating with for a couple years;

1. Micro-Cracks;
There are invisible cracks that occur in pipes from heat or product settling uneven and burning into a spot. These cracks will leak butane in from the outside and fuck the pipe, impossible to fix.

2. Burning the fuck out of a pipe with a torch will clean it
Every time I do this, I'm left with a film of dark cloudy brown all around the bowl. This isn't burnt old meth, it's like (again) the gas from the torch has found its way in and is coating the glass. Impossible to burn a pipe until no smoke comes out.

It seems like lately I cannot find a bubble that will last more than a few sessions.

Maybe it's my technique and I'm burning it myself,
I've been working on a very very cheap oZ for a month, so maybe my product is full of impurities
Maybe this is how it's always been and I just used to deal with it or spend more time cleaning bowls.