• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Smoking Is Worse Than You Imagined

No - using the machines inaccurately measured the shit, as I had already noted in what you replied to.

Also no "accusing", just stating factual accounts, as noted by another poster as well...
Sorry I mistook what you were stating.

That is what I don't get. If one got high, I would understand why people smoke much better.
Without a real high to speak of, it is just maintenance. At a huge cost.

Well it's a stimulant high with a very low ceiling of effects whose euphoria is gone after the first cigarette or permanently if you smoke all the time without time off. The greatest possible buzz from it feels like a cocaine high of no more than 30 seconds. You would have to quit for a day or two then, after eating, hold in your 'hits' unless you are just starting to smoke. Some people can only rationalize the 'casual drags' manner of smoking rather than the buzz-maximizing method though since they are self-deluded and think it's safer.

It's satisfying in seconds because it's smoked but the dose is very gradual once you have tolerance. It literally takes time to get nicely stim'd because you need to chain smoke so you can basically do it all day. Your mind also kind of turns off and you can do boring tasks more easily while smoking. It can also stimulate your thinking and make thoughts/conversation flow more easily depending on what you are doing.

People who think of it as just a bad habit really irk me since it is the most statistically deadly and habit-forming substance on the planet. It's more than holding a twig in your fingers and sucking on a mini-penis that dispenses noxious smoke.

Last edited:
You hold it in when you smoke cigarettes, does this illicit a buzz, and you enjoy the buzz? Sorry for the silly question, I just want to understand what you're saying.

There must be some kind of psychotropic effect. My mum used to describe how smoking would calm her when she was angry or anxious & how the act of smoking would entertain her mind when she was bored.

The effects you describe really are just maintenance - nicotine elevates blood pressure and stress hormones, the only reason an addict feels 'relaxed' is because the nicotine rewires the reward centre of the brain to respond to more nicotine. It's essentially just fixing the addiction.

The effects you describe really are just maintenance - nicotine elevates blood pressure and stress hormones, the only reason an addict feels 'relaxed' is because the nicotine rewires the reward centre of the brain to respond to more nicotine. It's essentially just fixing the addiction.

How come I feel relaxed when I smoking baccy without being addicted?

It is definitely a drug, and can definitely get you high. It's just not quite as worth it, especially long use.

Snuff can be interesting. But also potentially really unhealthy, due to vasoconstriction, I think- maybe, and other things. When I did it my veins were wired sometimes. The first time I used it, I felt compelled to move, and dance. But that's it's stimulant action, perhaps. But I was very fluid.

Last edited:
^ Do it the hard way, cut that shit entirely and think of the benefits of health and money saved. I swear that saved me. Or has for the last month anyway. The more people who give up the better, it' not a high, it's stupid, focus on that. Good luck bro.

Thanks man, and to you as well.

That is what I don't get. If one got high, I would understand why people smoke much better.

I used to have this same view and I completely understand and agree.
Here's what got my goose:
1. I had to quit smoking marijuana which created quite an urge to smoke something as it was a habit and a hobby.

2. This is where it really sunk its claws in was when I developed a nasty opiate dependence I had been on and off of for a while.
I used to smoke marijuana with my opiates another habit that was hard to break but cigarettes mixed with with opiates do instance your high however it works and left me with a craving when using my pills.

I bought an vapor cig recently and will be using it to cut cigarettes out of the equation completely, then I will work to remove remove nicotine.
I imagine it will all go much easier once I get a new job and can smoke bud again but alas only time shall tell.

And yes cigarettes do contain addictive psychoactive substances that alter how you feel.

Glad I bought my ecig.

My chest feels so much lighter, even though I smoked like 1-2 packs a month I can feel a difference.

You hold it in when you smoke cigarettes, does this illicit a buzz, and you enjoy the buzz? Sorry for the silly question, I just want to understand what you're saying.

Yes, you get a much stronger and more pleasant effect when you hold it in. People don't see, to understand that if you blow it out right away it is partially wasted.

Yes of course I enjoy the buzz or else it would be pointless and no one would do it.

How come I feel relaxed when I smoking baccy without being addicted?

Far as I know, it's not really relaxation in the strict sense of the word, it's relief; the nicotine receptors are getting the drug they need, and the feeling of relief feels a lot like relaxation. But the tobacco is a stimulant, so If you take a big drag, you're pulse is gonna become elevated, and if you smoke a lot before bed, you may find it hard to sleep.

So, that's the only reason to smoke IMHO; to satisfy the withdrawal symptoms from nicotine-that's it's only purpose.

In Ontario, people do something called "poppers," where a centimetre-long chunk of cigarette is stuffed in a bong stem without the bowl attached, and a little bit of cannabis is sprinkled on top. The hit is taken in until the cigarette burns all the way through and all the air "pops" into one's lungs. It causes a surprisingly powerful rush. Nicotine undoubtedly causes a high; people who smoke cigarettes every day are just so tolerant of it that it becomes too subtle to notice.