• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking in public

bit_pattern

Ex-Bluelighter
Anyone do it? How do you get away with it?

Recently, a friend had a big bag of mouldy buds which he gave to another friend to water-cure for him. I've smoked WC occasionally and, despite the fact that it loses weight and is a better deal for the end consumer I was never really all that taken with the method because I love the smell and taste of air cured buds. Still, when this lot came around I would get a half/half mix because I knew the WC stuff had lost 20% weight so figured, what the heck, it's going to be a better deal.

We went to a bar to have a meal and a drink so I rolled up a couple out of the WC and took them with me, we were going to go for a walk and smoke them before and after dinner but were sitting in the smokers beer-garden, outdoors but still under cover and filled with people, we decided - fuck it - let's just smoke them here because the WC doesn't even smell like pot. So we did and no-one batted an eye-lid. The busboy even scurried past and dropped off an ashtray, he had NFI we were blazing. I was so fucking high by the time my parmigiana arrived, it was the most amazingly tasting pub-meal I've ever eaten.

So eating food, drinking pints of beer and smoking weed with absolute impunity - despite the WC bud looking black and smelling like - well - nothing really, I think my friend has a highly marketable product on his hands: weed to you can smoke anywhere at any time!

So how do you get blazed as fuck in public without anyone knowing?

Last edited:
No fucking way

This is my response in several different tones

No fucking way would I smoke in public

No fucking way it didn't smell like bud that's sick

No fucking way no one noticed

Overall that whole experience; no fucking waaaaay hahahahaha

No fucking way

This is my response in several different tones

No fucking way would I smoke in public

No fucking way it didn't smell like bud that's sick

No fucking way no one noticed

Overall that whole experience; no fucking waaaaay hahahahaha

Heh... admittedly, it's a good neighbourhood. Few years ago we went to a pub a few blocks down and blazed fat joints of straight up air-cured chronic in a closed off 'outdoor' smoking area, the smoke was blowing into the main area in thick plumes, there's no way people didn't smell it. When the bus-boy showed up he was all like; "finally, I found you guys" - I was about to get up so he could kick us out but, no, he just wanted a toke before going back about his business. He took a big hit and left us to our devices =D

I smoke in public all the time, every day. I guess it really matters where you live. When I lived in New England people would be sketched out about smoking on their own porches, here in SF I have talked to cops with a joint in my hand. Suburbs are usually a no-no depending on where you are going to smoke.

I'm a fan of water curing buds when needed. It's great for removing the bite out of some harsh/green ass buds. I'm not sure people would think it's not weed though.

I don't like smoking outside. But if I do, I'll just have what I rolled and just pretend it's a cigarette. The key is to not look like a pot head heh.

I'm not sure people would think it's not weed though.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't go around promoting it as fool-proof or anything but it sure seemed to work the other day. Might have to do a few tests, like go back to the same pub and roll up an air-cured number, blaze that and see if anyone says anything. Maybe it's just a super laid back venue where the staff don't want to cause trouble unnecessarily.

I don't know that I'm ballsy enough to smoke flowers in public for fear of the smell. The only means of publicly getting high for me is my Micro G Pen, which I do daily on my walk to and from school.

Heh... admittedly, it's a good neighbourhood. Few years ago we went to a pub a few blocks down and blazed fat joints of straight up air-cured chronic in a closed off 'outdoor' smoking area, the smoke was blowing into the main area in thick plumes, there's no way people didn't smell it. When the bus-boy showed up he was all like; "finally, I found you guys" - I was about to get up so he could kick us out but, no, he just wanted a toke before going back about his business. He took a big hit and left us to our devices =D

"finally, I found you guys"

HA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A LEGENDDDDDD!!

If someone tried that shit here they wouldn't get away with it, I just can't see it happening at all, the large majority of the population just aren't ready for stoners to be in the street

Last edited:

HA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A LEGENDDDDDD!!

If someone tried that shit here they wouldn't get away with it, I just can't see it happening at all, the large majority of the population just aren't ready for stoners to be in the street

You're in Australia right? This was inner-suburban Melbourne - in the hipster belt. I have way more stories too.

Like, how we used to go down to the cafe strip for breakfast. A bunch of like 6 of us would go down and eat a big breakfast, then take a pre-rolled fatty (and, back in those days, BOY, was it fat), walk out of the cafe, sit on some park-benches right on the main street and blaze that shit. I remember seeing people innocently walking along, a million miles away in their mind, just minding their own business - then, about 20 metres away from where we were sitting they'd walk right into the thick plume of smoke and just stop dead in their tracks, eyes darting around looking for the source. We'd just be sitting there, make eye-contact, nod in a friendly but mildly menacing fashion and watch them as they scurried past looking slightly embarrassed for having interrupted us.

Or...

My friend who worked at a "herb" shop in the area, he was a mad stoner, with ratty half dreaded hair and jewellery - a real life walking stereo-type if ever you've seen one. He used to blaze up on his way to work, walking through all of the side streets first thing in the morning. He reckoned one morning he was walking with headphones on, head down, smoking away and not paying much attention to his surrounds. He took a big toke and looked up as he blew it out, there was a young copper right there walking towards him and the smoke went straight into the cops face. The young guy apparently sniggered, looked down and tried not to piss himself laughing and my mate just stepped past him and kept on walking!

Last edited:
I have never to my knowledge smoked WC bud, and highly doubt I have done so unknowingly since I am certain most weed I get is not cured for very long, if at all, because there is little commercial incentive in a black market to do so, even less when employing the WC method if that causes the product to lose additional weight.

I don't know very much about water curing, but I do seem to recall the overwhelming consensus being that the result tasted inferior to normally cured bud, because it would presumably smell different if it tastes different I can easily believe it may not smell like you are smoking a standard joint, I would guess the strain of cannabis would have an influence on this as well though.

Regardless if it smells like a joint or not, I think smoking a substance that is clearly not tobacco in public and catching a buzz is going to look suspiciously like you are smoking weed to a lot of people, especially if you are not a regular smoker or are looking to get particularly high.

The bottom line is that some people/places are cannabis tolerant and others are not, in my experience a lot of people and a number of establishments can be quite tolerant so long as you are discrete and not acting like wasted idiots. From a harm reduction point of view though, you probably should not smoke cannabis in public, perhaps if you live in a medical State in the US and have a card or are somewhere equally tolerant there is not much risk, but anywhere cannabis is illegal the safest bet is always to consume it in a private residence.

I roll secrets to smoke in public but the smell is still very noticeable to anyone that recognizes it. However I'm under the impression that nobody really cares.

I remember when i was afraid to smoke on a trip out of state, i pushed a bunch of weed into cigarette filters and just took the filter out. Smoked all down the highway without worrying. But yeah, in public, itll reek

Empty out the end of a few cigarettes. Mix a few pinches with the tobacco. Stuff back in. Just take a few big drags when you first like up.

(Wtf is that smell)
[No clue dog]

The bottom line is that some people/places are cannabis tolerant and others are not, in my experience a lot of people and a number of establishments can be quite tolerant so long as you are discrete and not acting like wasted idiots. From a harm reduction point of view though, you probably should not smoke cannabis in public, perhaps if you live in a medical State in the US and have a card or are somewhere equally tolerant there is not much risk, but anywhere cannabis is illegal the safest bet is always to consume it in a private residence.

Killjoy :p ;)

In my area I can smoke weed in public easy
like we rip bongs in the park which is in the middle of auckland city (new zealands biggest city) and noone cares

My friend got busted, all suited up and on his way to work as an account manager just smoking his morning joint, so yea smoking in public is never a good idea really because even if you are discreet you are always taking a risk. You don't have to look like a wasted fool to get noticed.