• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking in Dorm Room

zzirgrizz

Greenlighter
My roommate is almost never in the room so I feel like I could take advantage by smoking in my room for once. I have been doing a lot of research and it feels as though the things I've read are not what I'm looking for so I would just like some quick opinions.

Whenever I smoke a bowl or two in my car, it never smells, nor do my clothes. When I smoke a blunt though, my clothes always reek with my car. My roommate has this great fan next to the window. If I just simply point this nice big fan out the window and smoke right in front of the fan with the window open, wouldn't my dorm do the same thing and not smell? I don't see how it would smell at all because I'd be forcing all the smoke to go directly outside, and it's not like there is hardly any smoke from my bowl either.

I was wondering if anyone had an experience with this and if it really is as easy as I'm making it sound or if I'm just being dumb.

Here's just a picture of what I'm working with here for a reference point haha

4g2a7l.jpg

Ozium? Nah, man, it's all about Blunt Power/Blunt Blast/Blunt Effects (etc etc, just google).

Available online and at most 7-11's I go to.

As for the fan, you gotta get the fan as close to the window and make it as airtight as possible to really make it effective. That kind of fan might not work well... it'll push some smoke out, yeah, but I don't think it'll suck it all up.

Buy an exhaust fan. They work really well at expelling smoke.

The one I had in college fit perfectly in my window fan and it was very convenient.

I would think you could get away with single hits blown fully out the window through your exhale. The fan would be a bonus but as long as you were sure to get the smoke out of the window each time it shouldn't smell.

I wouldn't risk it, college is expensive. I use to walk pretty far just to be safe my first 2 years. Good luck!

I got busted smoking weed in my room once. My roommate and I were just dumb, we have gotten away with smoking in there so long that one night we didn't even open the windows, much less smoke by the fan. But yeah, the po po knocked on our door at 3 AM, my roommate was like "who is it?" then from the other side of the door, "the police". Before I could even attempt to dispose of the small amount of weed I had left out of the window (I lived on the 4th floor and only had a couple grams left) he jumped up and said "nice try dude!" (he thought it was his buddy on the other side of the door pretending to be the cops) and opened the door.

And lo and behold, it was the actual cops.

Nothing came of it, though. They confiscated my weed and told me that I'd probably get something in the mail from the court system, but I never did. I'm pretty sure that weed never even made it back to evidence, honestly...one of the cops seriously examined my weed and commented that "oh yeah, this looks like good stuff" *facepalm*

Stick a bunch of dryer sheets inside a toilet paper roll and blow through that, the shit works insanely good. Combine this with a fan and some air freshener and you should be good. To minimize stray smoke it's probably best you stick to glass and put out the cherry with your thumb between hits.

Stop smoking, get a vaporizer.

This.

Or just go outside. That's what people did when I lived in a dorm since it was easy to do, and in college/university dorms they can enter into your room and search or do whatever they want just because they want to.

Move into off campus housing as soon as you can afford it, or are able to.

Last edited:
IME dorms are a terrible place to smoke. You can probably get away with it for a while but most people I know it caught up to them in one way or another, and when/if it does it usually results in getting kicked off campus, possibly losing financial aid, even getting kicked out of school. Really I regret making weed such a big focus as I did when I should have been focusing on school.

With all that said, if you do smoke get a pipe, take single tokes and blow the smoke directly out the window and make sure to put the cherry out right after you finish hitting it. You could turn on the fan to help push any escaped smoke out of the room but don't rely on it to push the smoke out, make sure you blow your hits directly out of the window. Even with all this, it is likely that people on your floor and surrounding floors might smell you. Anyone with their window open on surrounding floors will probably get a wiff, as well as people walking by outside.

You can buy reasonable portable vaporizers (like the hebe titan 2) for the cost of a good pipe now. They make my weed go twice as far, feel much healthier & smell much less.

There's still some smell, but it's different, nicer, much less intense & the smell doesn't hang around nearly as long as smoking.

I smoked nearly every day for about 19 years until 6 months ago, now my tolerance is too high from vaping for smoking to be effective at all & I'm using half the amount of weed that I was. It's saved me money, saved my lungs, got me higher & stopped me stinking as much.

Last edited:
id just vaporise, or smoke outside. i wouldn't be able to enjoy my high if i was paranoid about people smelling smoke..

This guy yesterday told me the best method is just a piece of pvc tubing and just exhale through it.

I can already picture you with the fan and a piece of tubing when your roomate enters and just asks you for a hit off the joint... lol

As others have said, just spoof it.

All you need is any kind of tube or hell, I've done it perfectly just rolling up a magazine and blowing each hit through it out the window.

The tube or rolled magazine will get all the smoke focussed in one window and it will just go straight out, easy.

Ivm pretty sure that weed never even made it back to evidence, honestly...one of the cops seriously examined my weed and commented that "oh yeah, this looks like good stuff" *facepalm*
Your right about that one.... My friend lost like a half oz without citation. Other people pointed out he held the bag up in his face on the way out examining it like "Score!"

Don't smoke on campus though it's not worth it. Just go to the roof, balcony, or open air stairwell. If none of that just find a good spot outside to make yours. Find a few and rotate them.

cops cant really smoke though i'm pretty sure they get randomly drug tested

Cops can do whatever they want in America.

I know cops who at least say they wish they could smoke weed but can't cause of the job.

Of course there are those who can get away with it, either by fooling others or perhaps even without needing to due to their authority, but it's not ALWAYS true they can just use whatever drugs they want and pull it off.

Also,don't forget, for as much shit as American cops get for abusing their authority cops in other countries like Brazil are often worse.

Cops down there and in many other 3rd world countries are known for it being THE NORM for them to accept bribes to overlook all sorts of crimes, sometimes even violent ones.

If you want to make sure the fan vents air out, don't just face the fan to the window, it will circulate the air in the room. You need put the fan right into the window sill and cover the rest of the window with somthing like a pillow or blanket. This will cause negative pressure in the room, causing air to come through the next lowest resistance spot (likely the door).
I do this in my bedroom and it works really well.

cops cant really smoke though i'm pretty sure they get randomly drug tested

Drug tests won't get you fired if you successfully cheat them, and US public servants and government officials are fucking masterful cheaters.