• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

smoking heroin on foil, harm reduction questions

For those of you who smoke heroin or anything off of foil, it is very dangerous. My daughter has burned her throat beyond repair and now breathes through a tube in her neck. She only smoked for one year and is 22 years old. The metal in the foil heats up and goes down with the smoke. It then burns the throat and voicebox even though the metal is expelled when you cough. Damage is done.SMOKING OF FOIL IS NOT SAFE.
The metal does not vaporize to a significant extent. I could see someone developing bronchitis or emphysema from prolonged abuse. Some tar is so riddled with residual acetic anhydride that I've had it burst into flames by accidentally putting it too close to the edge! Also some impurities, cuts, and burned byproducts can be hard on the lungs. And inhaling anything into the lungs will do some damage.

Still, I can't see someone losing their throat. Especially after only one year. Without more info, I believe you're trolling.
mister right said:
smoking H is such a waste. If you don't like needles, just snort the shit. Trust me when I tell you that your wasting your money smoking it. More than have of it goes up in the air or sticks to the foil.
Just use the light bulb as a vaporizer and nothing gets wasted. The rest is a matter of absorption from the smoke. The powder for smoking is not 100% heroin and it's heroin freebase what's in it. That kind of heroin shouldn't be snorted because now that's a waste. It's called "no 3", I guess, it's a brownish tan powder, sometimes the lighter it is, the better, but the other time it's on the contrary. It's so easy to add an adulterant there, because dealers can buy it at the local supermarket.

Anyway, smoking on the foil guarantees losing a lot of material, besides you need more material so you can catch the smoke. Inhaling the smoke from the light bulb is much easier, the heroin drop moves too fast on the foil, and you salivate holding the pipe in your mouth. It needs a lot more technique but however good you're at it, you lose something. In case of light bulb, you get everything from it.
Have either of you ever smoked real smokable H? You only loss smoke if you don't suck hard enough or you're too far. I and any experienced H smoker DON"T LOSE ANY SMOKE. It just takes practice.

A light bulb is a shitty alternative to a real glass dick, even with meth.I'd rather use foil than a light bulb. A light bulb or even a real meth pipe burns heroin up. Meth and especially crack aren't as heat sensitive as H. You can easily avoid burning them with careful heating and with meth twisting the meth pipe back and forth.

You need a large surface area to effective vaporize most shit.Think about it. A glass of water takes forever to evaporate, dupe it on the flood and it will dry much quicker. With meth the pipe is twisted back and forth for the surface area and to prevent overheating, not unlike a rotary evaporator.Crack melts into a brillo pad for surface area.

But heroin is more delicate. Even a pure eutectic mixture of heroin freebase and caffeine burns up even with careful heating. This leaves ashes, which prevent you from twisting the light bulb/real meth pipe. It sits there and burns up. Also the glass stays hot and doesn't heat and cool quick enough. With foil it give a large surface area by letting the H drip down. It cools and heats up quickly, and is unparallelled in heat control. It's simple, cheap, and in the right hands effective. Also it's very disposable.

A meth pipe isn't very effective for H, but if you don't know how to use foil it's okay. It burns H up but you can get big hits easily.

I would worry more about becoming an addict then whether or not the foil is bad for you.

ive considered snorting a fair few times but im not sure how to do it safely, snorting H is pretty much unheard of where i live, its either smoked or jabbed so theres no-one to show me a safe dose or anything like that, im rather worried that id waste it too when i know i could smoke it well.

i would give it a go though if i understood safe practice

The easiest way to snort it would be to get a pill bottle. Put a small amount of cut of your choice into the pill bottle. (Baking powder, not to be confused with baking soda. This stuff called lactose powder which we get at smoke shops here in CA is the healthiest option. I'm sure you could order it offline if you can't find it where you live. Besides a smoke shop probably a vitamin store because they disguise it as a "dietary supplement" and if all else fails use the powder from benydrl capsules or a smashed up benydrl pill or maybe motrin. Baking powder and lactose are the best though) You use a small amount of cut, you can always add more, you add about 4 nickels or quarter into the bottle along with your cut and your sack of dope and shake the pill bottle vigorously until it all blends into a tan powder, assuming your getting black tar. If your getting China white its the same routine. If your black tar is too sticky you can throw it in the freezor to harden up before you shake it. If that doesn't work put your BTH on a piece of fpil , melt it into a small puddle without burning your dope away, and when it hardens back up chip it into the pill bottle and follow these instructions.

I used to snort black tar on the west coast of US frequently. Prepare it in a rig just as one would for IV/IM administration, snap the needle off, turn your head back and squirt it up your nose in small shots to allow absorption.
It's called nose drops around here. works great.

I used to smoke and snort heroin habitually for about 5 years, and these were my preferred ROA. I have injected but it just didn't appeal to me that much.
Now IV cocaine on the other hand...