Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Smoking H

Methadonia2010

Bluelighter
Hi guys i really want to try H and smoke it, but don't know how is it like having a bong lol?. I mean can you see the smoke to inhale, do you inhale nose or mouth? how much of it?. Tolerance wise small dose methadone only for pill use years ago 20mg small......But non the less H makes me nervous, as in OD. So to use safely i need to do some research, plus i wouldn't know where to buy yes i know the no scoring rule here. I just want to do it safe and have some fun, nothing else works chills me out, not even sure an oxy would work either, again the hardest part is damn finding the stuff..... maybe i should grow a plant lol stress thanks

i find smoking smack is a waste of smack.if your gonna try smack for the first time i say snort it.1 you can burn the note of money your using to inhail the vapors with and 2 you can miss the vapors and end up wasting some lovely smack.we cant really tell you how much to dose cus batchs vary greatly but its best to start small n work your way up.perth seems to have alot of smack at the moment i see alot of people nodding down at the shops or some real junkie lookin people scoring there.if when i use smack i snort 10-30mg lines n that has me nodding but the smack im gettin is quite strong.comes in 1 big rock quite sexy stuff i must say :p if you to intend to smoke it chase the dragon with it get a peice of foil fold it so you can place your smack in there without spilling it add a small ammount of heat from the bottom and suck up the vapors through a note or empty pen or what ever you have on hand and you inhail it from the mouth lol

P.S its not as simple as growing a opium poppy and milking it to get smack out of it.a bit of work has to go into it

You can snort it like speed?, i didn't know that like a small line. For non tolerant would 1/2 a line be ok. Might be safer to snort then any discomfort with that lol? taste. So if it comes in a rock what crush it up, btw what do you think of Rikodeine? seems to be some debate about that stuff for a high. I just wanna chill out on weekends methadone is useless like that, you know that something in between that gives me a nice warm feeling like the done used to do when i went on it. I did order some Rikodeine to, gonna try that before i try the Big H ! H doesn't scare me i know that' I am a careful user, Cheers junkie I'mma all ears.

Last edited:
How dose it feel like compared to having a bong? you'll feel more grounded, less happy-giggly-high, more content-high and euphoric with a nice warm/fuzzy bodily feeling. You inhale through your mouth using a tube. A rolled up piece of cardboard with a aluminium foil lining will work just fine. It should be thin, but not too thin, a little larger than what you would use to snort powders or the width of a black brio, maybe a little larger. The amount of gear you put on the foil dictates the amount of smoke that's going to emit from the gear once you light it. The idea is so suck up all the smoke. How high you want to get depends on the size of the load but since you've never had it before, always, always start small.

For a size referrence, since I assume you're in Australia, you know those Bic lighters you can buy from your local newsagency? If you get one of those and look in from the top through the metal piece, you'll see the small round part where the gas comes out, not the miniscule black dot but that entire round piece all together. About that exact size is the size of gear you'll want to put on the foil. It really doesn't take much but also depends on the quality of the gear you're getting. You can place your gear on the reverse side of a cd, the coloured part, and crush it with a card and keep it there for storage.

Lighting it and smoking it is pretty straight forward, but actually doing properly may take a little while. If you suck too hard and too early, you'll just suck up the gear and you'll have nothing to light. Trick is to suck very slightly at a fixed speed holding the tube at a distance, then move closer as it lights very quickly and when you see your gear start to burn and smoke, progressively increase your air intake until you have sucked all the smoke. It will take effect immediatly. The taste is rather strange otherwise none at all, I've always felt there is a slight sweetish taste but that might just be cut. I also think it is harder to O.D on gear if you're smoking it because you can control the size of your doses very carefully.

Addiction to H regardless of ways of administration is something I'm sure you're aware of, just be careful.

Last edited:
To chase the dragon you have to get a piece of tinfoil maybe 100mm long by 50mm wide, turn it sideways and hold a lighter on the edge, this makes the tinfoil brittle.

Make a funnel from a piece of thickish paper from a magazine.

Now put a bit of hammer on the tinfoil, turn down the flame on your lighter and waft the lighter under the foil until it starts to run and tilt the foil then chase the liquid h along the foil sucking slowly.

I used to enjoy smoking a bit of horse years ago.

Be careful though as heroin has a sting in its tail

Op, if your heroin is smoke-able (heroin base) then it's not gonna be water soluble, thus is won't be absorbed efficiently through mucous membranes when snorted.
It's also the reason people add citirc acid to it if they're injecting. .....To make it soluble in water.

If heroin is snort-able (heroin hydrochloride) then it's water soluble, thus it will be absorbed efficiently through mucous membranes when snorted.

Heroin hydrochloride doesn't burn too well, thus isn't very suitable for smoking.
It's also the reason people don't add anything to it when injecting, because it's already water soluble.

Fwiw, I've also read that caffeine can be added to heroin hydrochloride in order to make it suitable for smoking?

Anyone have any more info on this?

^ you don't need to do that with Aussie gear, I don't think you really need to do it with street no.4 at all unless it's really pure and uncut. The no.4 I had in New York didn't need caffeine to smoke either.

Rikodeine will probably just make you shit your pants, it's got a ton of artificial sweetener in it to stop abuse which has a nasty effect on the digestive tract. Honestly I wouldn't bother, the active in it Dihydrocodeine isn't that great either, you'd be better off experimenting with codeine however I doubt you'll get much out off that either with methadone in your system, I never did even after waiting 24 hours +. If you do decide to try codeine do your research first, always do a cold water extraction on pills containing paracetamol or ibuprofen, paracetamol can kill you from liver damage, Ibuprofen can cause stomach and digestive ulcers. To be honest catching a high off smack is hard when you're on methadone, when I was on 25-30mg daily I got fuck all out of .25 - .4 of h snorted, from my experience you're wasting your time. if you are set on doing it do some research first, do a lot of research. It seems you don't know a hell of a lot about using the drug (not a bad thing and I'm not having a dig at all), it can be amazing but it can really really fuck you up, not just through OD but also from addiction. Use the search engine on bluelight and read through as many threads as you can before you dabble, also check out erowid.org and maybe Wikipedia if you havent already, there's some really good info on all 3 sites.

When I started smoking h I did it this way (I got the info off an old thread on here) - cut a maybe 100mm x 100mm square of foil, wedge one corner under a book or something heavy on the edge of a bench or table so you dont have to hold it and use a cardboard toilet paper roll to inhale through. Some people may think that's too big but it makes it really easy to catch the smoke when you're inexperienced, straws and pens are too fiddly at first I reckon, I've watched inexperienced people waste infuriating amounts of smoke with a straw.
Put a really small amount of h on the foil, maybe 1/4 of a 100mg 'cap'. Hold the lighter well under the foil and dont let the h bubble or burn, let it smoke slowly and let the lighter off when you're halfway through a puff, the h should smoke for a good 5-10 seconds from when you stop heating it. Be patient and take it slow or you'll waste it, it takes a bit of practice to get it right and find your method but it's not hard, you'll have it sorted by the time you're hooked.

Honestly though man I reckon you're wasting your time while you're on the 'done and even if you do get a small buzz it'll probably be short, clouded and ruined by the methadone. That's just my experience.

cassandragemini said:
you don't need to do that with Aussie gear, I don't think you really need to do it with street no.4 at all unless it's really pure and uncut. The no.4 I had in New York didn't need caffeine to smoke either.

Adding caffeine is specifically for heroin no.4/the vast majority of Aussie gear. You don't need caffeine to smoke No.4, but a lot is wasted as the burning temp of the heroin is lower than the vaping temp, so a lot of it is destroyed before it vapes. Caffeine brings the vaping temp down so that less heroin is destroyed. I have never tried this myself, IIRC though the amount of caffeine to heroin is 3:1, but obviously this is going to be hard to achieve with heroin of unknown purity.

Methadonia2010 if you try snorting, make sure you sniff the line gently - you want it to absorb through your mucus membranes rather than going to the back of your throat and dripping down to your stomach where the BA is so low to be effectively useless.

How dose it feel like compared to having a bong? you'll feel more grounded, less happy-giggly-high, more content-high and euphoric with a nice warm/fuzzy bodily feeling. You inhale through your mouth using a tube. A rolled up piece of cardboard with a aluminium foil lining will work just fine. It should be thin, but not too thin, a little larger than what you would use to snort powders or the width of a black brio, maybe a little larger. The amount of gear you put on the foil dictates the amount of smoke that's going to emit from the gear once you light it. The idea is so suck up all the smoke. How high you want to get depends on the size of the load but since you've never had it before, always, always start small.

For a size referrence, since I assume you're in Australia, you know those Bic lighters you can buy from your local newsagency? If you get one of those and look in from the top through the metal piece, you'll see the small round part where the gas comes out, not the miniscule black dot but that entire round piece all together. About that exact size is the size of gear you'll want to put on the foil. It really doesn't take much but also depends on the quality of the gear you're getting. You can place your gear on the reverse side of a cd, the coloured part, and crush it with a card and keep it there for storage.

Lighting it and smoking it is pretty straight forward, but actually doing properly may take a little while. If you suck too hard and too early, you'll just suck up the gear and you'll have nothing to light. Trick is to suck very slightly at a fixed speed holding the tube at a distance, then move closer as it lights very quickly and when you see your gear start to burn and smoke, progressively increase your air intake until you have sucked all the smoke. It will take effect immediatly. The taste is rather strange otherwise none at all, I've always felt there is a slight sweetish taste but that might just be cut. I also think it is harder to O.D on gear if you're smoking it because you can control the size of your doses very carefully.

Addiction to H regardless of ways of administration is something I'm sure you're aware of, just be careful.

Great advice thanks..sounds simple enough lol..how long you think the effects last smoking it? would you nodd out straight away , i hope i wouldn't and drop everything esp if i was doing it away from home is there a bit of time before it kicks in?, i mean can you still walk i know it sounds stupid is it obvious to ppl if you had a smoke? . I am going to try it regardless, it's something i want/need to do, so i know yeah im that type, just wish i knew where to um you know follow up, but i know the forum rules here.

Adding caffeine is specifically for heroin no.4/the vast majority of Aussie gear. You don't need caffeine to smoke No.4, but a lot is wasted as the burning temp of the heroin is lower than the vaping temp, so a lot of it is destroyed before it vapes. Caffeine brings the vaping temp down so that less heroin is destroyed. I have never tried this myself, IIRC though the amount of caffeine to heroin is 3:1, but obviously this is going to be hard to achieve with heroin of unknown purity.

Methadonia2010 if you try snorting, make sure you sniff the line gently - you want it to absorb through your mucus membranes rather than going to the back of your throat and dripping down to your stomach where the BA is so low to be effectively useless.

Ok cheers got ya, out of the 2 is snorting or smoking better? lasting effects. I've always wonder why people who inject just dont well try it suppository way ! surely it can get into blood stream that way to. Prob the next best thing is Oxy pills, but again like finding needle in haystack...., being on methadone brands you , you can do nothing without fear of repercussion stinks.

^
Honestly though man I reckon you're wasting your time while you're on the 'done and even if you do get a small buzz it'll probably be short, clouded and ruined by the methadone. That's just my experience.

Really damn! the only thing that worked year's ago, was lucky enough to get some oxy, that worked great with it. Well that's a good tip re book, if i ever get the chance I'm all educated up cheers lol. I had this dream last night i was in Afghanistan poppy field prob talking about it here, was a nice dream hahah!

Last edited:
Adding caffeine is specifically for heroin no.4/the vast majority of Aussie gear. You don't need caffeine to smoke No.4, but a lot is wasted as the burning temp of the heroin is lower than the vaping temp, so a lot of it is destroyed before it vapes. Caffeine brings the vaping temp down so that less heroin is destroyed.

yep, that's why caffeine is added to no. 4 when smoking.

Methadonia2010 said:
Ok cheers got ya, out of the 2 is snorting or smoking better? lasting effects. I've always wonder why people who inject just dont well try it suppository way ! surely it can get into blood stream that way to. Prob the next best thing is Oxy pills, but again like finding needle in haystack...., being on methadone brands you , you can do nothing without fear of repercussion stinks.

Plugging (up the bum) is another way to do it too. It has a very high BA, the highest you can get without using a needle. It's prob my fav way to do it (go team plug ;)) but I wouldn't do that straight off just because the BA is very high, and you could more easily use too much. I've been caught out a few times with a plug that's been super strong, and ODing with an oral syringe up your arse isn't a good look ;) I also find it quite hit and miss - you want to make sure you've recently taken a crap otherwise it can be completely ineffective.

Personally I find snorting stronger and more efficient - but that being said, there's just something about smoking it I love. I usually can't resist having a couple of burns even though I know it's so wasteful, but it's that instant rush I love, although it doesn't last long.

Methadonia2010 said:
Great advice thanks..sounds simple enough lol..how long you think the effects last smoking it? would you nodd out straight away , i hope i wouldn't and drop everything esp if i was doing it away from home is there a bit of time before it kicks in?, i mean can you still walk i know it sounds stupid is it obvious to ppl if you had a smoke? . I am going to try it regardless, it's something i want/need to do, so i know yeah im that type, just wish i knew where to um you know follow up, but i know the forum rules here.

You're not going to nod out straight away after one burn (with typical Aussie gear, I should say). The feeling will build up the more burns you have, so in that sense it's a good way to control how high you get. Just one is likely to be fairly mild though, it'll prob hit you hardest when you breath out, I find the majority of the euphoric effects only last 5 mins after a burn with some more typical opioid after effects lasting maybe 30 mins after that. The more you smoke the longer those after effects last IME. Whether or not people notice depends on a lot of factors - how you react to it, how strong it is, and probably most importantly, whether they're familiar with opioid effects. You'll prob get constricted pupils, but I find 'acting normal' pretty easy after a few burns.

Plugging (up the bum) is another way to do it too. It has a very high BA, the highest you can get without using a needle. It's prob my fav way to do it (go team plug ;)) but I wouldn't do that straight off just because the BA is very high, and you could more easily use too much. I've been caught out a few times with a plug that's been super strong, and ODing with an oral syringe up your arse isn't a good look ;) I also find it quite hit and miss - you want to make sure you've recently taken a crap otherwise it can be completely ineffective.

Well i always wondered about that, why have all the track marks when yeah you can do it that way. I did laugh sorry with the oral syringe up your arse lol...... no wouldn't be good look..hahahah. Seems better ways i guess.

Personally I find snorting stronger and more efficient - but that being said, there's just something about smoking it I love. I usually can't resist having a couple of burns even though I know it's so wasteful, but it's that instant rush I love, although it doesn't last long.

You're not going to nod out straight away after one burn (with typical Aussie gear, I should say). The feeling will build up the more burns you have, so in that sense it's a good way to control how high you get. Just one is likely to be fairly mild though, it'll prob hit you hardest when you breath out, I find the majority of the euphoric effects only last 5 mins after a burn with some more typical opioid after effects lasting maybe 30 mins after that. The more you smoke the longer those after effects last IME. Whether or not people notice depends on a lot of factors - how you react to it, how strong it is, and probably most importantly, whether they're familiar with opioid effects. You'll prob get constricted pupils, but I find 'acting normal' pretty easy after a few burns.

Ok interesting wow 5min?...... that all Here i am thinking 1hr lol. I like the Toilet roll idea its wider than a pen. Surprising how many like Codeine here though, like Panadiene forte?. Slight buzz of it, if i took 1-2 but not much.

it depends, if your smoking spots like i explained, maybe an hour or a little longer depending on the quality on your gear. you wouldn't nod out straight away but if you've had a big enough hit you will. there is not much time at all, it'll kick in straight away but i think you're misunderstanding the high, the stuff won't full on sedate you completely, it will rather relax you and you are still perfectly functional whilst on the drug. the bigger your hits are, the more effect it'll take and the more likely you'll just nod and not be fucked to do anything. just start small mate you'll see what i mean. goodluck on your search and be careful

You can snort it like speed?, i didn't know that like a small line. For non tolerant would 1/2 a line be ok. Might be safer to snort then any discomfort with that lol? taste. So if it comes in a rock what crush it up, btw what do you think of Rikodeine? seems to be some debate about that stuff for a high. I just wanna chill out on weekends methadone is useless like that, you know that something in between that gives me a nice warm feeling like the done used to do when i went on it. I did order some Rikodeine to, gonna try that before i try the Big H ! H doesn't scare me i know that' I am a careful user, Cheers junkie I'mma all ears.

you can snort smoke IV plug swollow smack. its hard to say if "half a line" will be safe idono how big ur lines are gonna be.it would be safer to get some scales weigh out a point n split that into 10 lines then you have 10 10mg lines snort 1 and wait 15-20 mins if your not where you wanna be snort another line and repeat until you feel content.yeah the smack i get always comes with some chunks in it or 1 big rock just chop it down as much as you can and snort away.tbh i have never tried rikodeine i mainly use poppy seed tea for OTC opiates much better than codeine imo and cheaper. :)

when i snort smack i feel it pretty much stright away but dont worry you'll have enough time to put your shit down and then lay back and enjoy that nioooceee warrrrmmm high.u can still walk around n shit but you dont want to u just wanna sit there with your head all limp in your own little world smack tends to give me opirage when im noddding and people come up to me and try to have a convo or some shit with me.i just want them to fuck off! so i can enjoy my high its not a very social drug hehe,as footsy said snort it very slowly then hold the nostril u snorted it up closed for a min or 2 to let it sink in.

ahahahah that reminds me of my time in thailand plugging morphine nodding off on the bathroom floor with the syringe still up there.my dad was um quite shocked when he walked into the bathroom of our hotel.once he found out i got my hands on morph hes mood changed very fast :p

Smoking any drug off foil is almost like an 'art' to some people.. and imo you really need to be shown. In person, how to foil drugs correctly and efficiently so that minimal drugs are wasted. I'd stick to doing lines. Much less complicated and wasteful for someone who's new to h

Adding caffeine is specifically for heroin no.4/the vast majority of Aussie gear. You don't need caffeine to smoke No.4, but a lot is wasted as the burning temp of the heroin is lower than the vaping temp, so a lot of it is destroyed before it vapes.

Dang it nothing gets past you foots! Use assumption and absolutes on this site at your peril, there's always someone on here who will make you eat your own words. I have to say you are a damn fine moderator footsy, I trust your judgement and respect your work on here a lot. What I meant was you don't need caffeine to smoke no.4 here, its not the most effective way of doing it but it will work. I haven't tried adding caffeine to h before, has anyone given it a go?

Methadonia I would recommend snorting small lines like how junkie scumbag described, it's much easier and if you're careful it's pretty unlikely you'll come unstuck. Smoking h is fun though, I find smoking/vaping all 'smokeable' drugs fun, it takes skill and a good technique and once you have it down it's a nice way to stretch out your dosing rather than it all being over in 5 seconds like with snorting. Before I went IV I would snort 3/4 of my dose and smoke the other quarter just because I enjoyed doing it. Also if you get the timing right, as in if you have a line, wait a couple of min and then have a smoke you can sometimes get a nice little rush with the two complementing each other.

Ive hardly ever been able to get a good high from smoking, and even when i have it wasn't the be kind that id be worried about oding.