• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

smoking freebase o-Desmethyltramadol

g_dan1

Bluelighter
I know most of you are unfamiliar with this and the chemical is generally not well know or researched, but any advice would be helpful.

I have 1g of feebase powder O-DSMT (tramadol metabolite). I tried taking like 50mg orally and didnt feel anything. The only thing i ever felt when trying any real opiates (besides kratom) is intense anxiety from expecting respiratory depression.

I just had a random idea to try smoking in off of foil similarly to heroin, since oral opiates did not work for me. I tested a small amount of it on a piece of foil and it vaporized instantly leaving traces of clear liquid. I know this chemical is considered weak compared to other common opiates but I'm still scared of trying this. from my research i found that it is 3-4 times the potency of tramadol.
I would appreciate any responses to any of my questions :)

1) How effective would smoking o-dsmt be if orally i felt nothing? Since its freebase, would the bioavailability be high? I tried several opiates in relatively high beginner dose orally and never felt any euphoria or buzz.
2) I'm planning to try 10mg first time and increase slowly from there. Does that sound reasonable? Other posts say that 50mg is a reasonable ORAL dose.
3) I'm really scared of OD when it comes to trying out opiates? How likely is it to happen? I have some naltrexone from a relative alcoholic (who never took it), but I know its not designed for fast effect during OD. \

Any other info would be helpful as well.

Thank you

Also would this thread do better in the RC section of this forum?

Why are you trying so hard to get high on opiates when it hasn't worked for you before?
maybe ur right lol. idk why i made this thread last night, it was just a thought. Kinda wanted to experience that 'contentment and bliss' everyone's talking about

maybe ur right lol. idk why i made this thread last night, it was just a thought. Kinda wanted to experience that 'contentment and bliss' everyone's talking about

It sounds like opioids just aren't your thing. I wouldn't try to force it when it's not there. IMHO, I would consider it a blessing to not enjoy opioids.

IIRC, o-dsmt has a high oral BA. Smoking it might even be worse.

Uhhhh this is pretty sketchy.

According to this book, O-DSMT has a potency of up to 6x that of regular Tramadol, and is 20x more potent when binding to μ-opioid receptors.

GRANTED, this is in veterinary pharmacological testing as far as I am aware.

100mg of O-Desmethyltramadol is, going by the 6x rule, equal to about 600mg of regular Tramadol?

this link provides a conversion chart. Assuming it's right, 600mg of Tramadol is roughly equinanalgesic to 60mg of morphine, which from personal experience doesn't sound incredibly right, but who knows. My body is semi weird with pain medications.

Though to me, it sounds like you just don't respond well to them :/ BA with smoking pills (smoking freebased/isolated analgesic pills doesn't tend to work as well as an oral route) goes down, given it doesn't extract much of your opioid.

Not to mention it like, fucks with your lungs. It's pill vapor :p for goodness sake.

I can't really help with giving you a dose to take :/ so study some charts and conversions

EDIT: Nalaxone only reverses some of the effects of a Tramadol OD, so I doubt it'd work with this seemingly more potent metabolite.

Or Naltrexone, for that matter.

Last edited:
Uhhhh this is pretty sketchy.

According to this book, O-DSMT has a potency of up to 6x that of regular Tramadol, and is 20x more potent when binding to μ-opioid receptors.

GRANTED, this is in veterinary pharmacological testing as far as I am aware.

100mg of O-Desmethyltramadol is, going by the 6x rule, equal to about 600mg of regular Tramadol?

this link provides a conversion chart. Assuming it's right, 600mg of Tramadol is roughly equinanalgesic to 60mg of morphine, which from personal experience doesn't sound incredibly right, but who knows. My body is semi weird with pain medications.

Though to me, it sounds like you just don't respond well to them :/ BA with smoking pills (smoking freebased/isolated analgesic pills don't tend to work as well as an oral route) goes down, given it doesn't extract much of your opioid.

Not to mention it like, fucks with your lungs. It's pill vapor :p for goodness sake.

I can't really help with giving you a dose to take :/ so study some charts and conversions

EDIT: Nalaxone only reverses some of the effects of a Tramadol OD, so I doubt it'd work with this seemingly more potent metabolite.

Or Naltrexone, for that matter.

Thank you for the research, that helped alot actually! And it's not pill vapor its 99% pure O-DSMT powder. Honestly I would be pretty scared trying this. I'm always paranoid about respiratory depression when it comes to opiates. Plus I've been watching a lot of scary documentaries about opiate addiction and it even makes me scared about my current kratom habit and WDs

Hehe. Hey man, just dump the powder and enjoy your Kratom. This stuff could quite seriously take your life away in one or two senses.

Stay safe!

Hehe. Hey man, just dump the powder and enjoy your Kratom. This stuff could quite seriously take your life away in one or two senses.

Stay safe!

thanks for support man! Yes I understand how scary this stuff can be... I watched several documentaries about the florida "pill mill" and its absolutely terrifying... idk why I get this urge to try something stupid like that.. Just feels like kratom isnt giving me enough of a "kick" sometimes