• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Smoking embalming fluid??? Not PCP, embalming fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Yeah I've almost given up, but through reason I'm trying to show how unlikely it is that formaldehyde is a recreational substance.

Motrin I think we've won on, even if it was Vicoprophen I doubt it would be very active when smoked.

Well then I can't give up the win because whatever it was got us hi so I have to go back to saying somehow smoking motrin gets you hi because if vicoprophen won't get you hi then I doubt they were mistakingly calling vicoprophen motrin. A person would know if they were prescribed a narcotic or not and narcotics were dispensed by the infirmary staff and motrin was given to you as up to a 30 day supply.

If it's win or lose my ego can't allow it. I have to push the issue until the thread is closed now.

Then again as I said, perception is reality. If people percieve the info they have on motrin as fact that it can not get you hi then it is reality. I have experience that says otherwise. Experience > information. I can find 1000 studies that say a low speed collision shouldn't kill anyone but can find a few instances where people died in low speed collisions. This proves that studies and information isn't correct nor can it be used to draw conclusions accurately 100% of the time.

I know of people who "got wet" by smoking embolming fluid. I dont know if it's a So-Cal thing or just a Norht TJ thing. I had a close buddy whose family owned a funeral home and took the embolming fluid. I would never do it because of the horror stories they told me. Like being crazy jacked up for 3 days and not being able to control what they are doing. You don't have to believe me, I won't get hurt, but I know of some idiots who actually smoked a "wet joint." Thats all I got to say about that.

That sounds more like PCP then an inhalant type high. Formaldehyde would be quickly metabolized by the body.

Experience > information.

Not necessarily. Ever heard of the placebo effect?

Anyway, I'm too tired right now to make an in-depth response. Full time work really takes it outta me.

Not necessarily. Ever heard of the placebo effect?

Anyway, I'm too tired right now to make an in-depth response. Full time work really takes it outta me.

Placebo effect of an entire group of people including one inexperienced person that has experience using drugs and can tell the difference between being hi and not being hi? Not to mention most of the prison population is experienced drug users and would know the difference between a real effect and a placebo effect.

I like the O2 deprivation theory over the placebo effect.

... I had a close buddy whose family owned a funeral home and took the embolming fluid. I would never do it because of the horror stories they told me. Like being crazy jacked up for 3 days and not being able to control what they are doing...
That sounds more like PCP then an inhalant type high. Formaldehyde would be quickly metabolized by the body.
I really have no idea how long formaldehyde effects would last, if there were any to be felt, after smoking. But friends from Chicago who claimed to smoke "wickie sticks" (PCP + formaldehyde, supposedly) said it lasted as long 16 hours. A single dose of PCP usually doesn't last more than a few hours, right (like 4-6, maybe 8, max)? Now, I really have no idea, but 3 days sounds ridiculously long. But, given the complete lack of experimental data on embalming fluid use, who knows? You would think that at least some sadists at the National Institute of Drug Abuse would have forced lab rats to smoke the shit, given the law enforcement hype... But Google, the well of all human knowledge, says not.

^ A 3 day experience from PCP sounds like psychosis almost. The half-life can be 7-46 hours though, and I imagine larger doses could last for longer.

There is very little information about formaldehyde out there, so we have to piece things together from other sources. For example, formaldehyde produced from the metabolism of metabolism of methanol is almost completely converted to formic acid and very rapidly. So the effects of it, if it were recreational, would not last very long at all.

In larger doses it may last longer if the body can't convert it quickly enough, but it would a painful, burning irritation of the throat and probably eyes, probably give you a bad headache, make it harder to breathe and make you tired... these are the immediate toxic effects of it, not to mention it's carcinogenicity.

If you are smoking PCP and you experience these side effects whilst smoking then it may have been cut with formaldehyde due to the dealer believing it actually has recreational effects.

speaking from personal experience. I got a rolled cigarette from a co-worker earlier this morning. Within an hour i was in the emergency room. The Blood toxicology report said there were traces of formaldehyde in my system. I asked if it could have been laced with PCP and they informed me that had PCP been the cause i would have still been "tripping" or still have the high. All it did to me was cause me to be paranoid, lose an hour and a half, have hallucinations, break out in a pouring sweat, raise my blood-pressure, raise my heart rate, and make me extremely nauseous. Not something I would recommend anyone ever do. So i guess from my own experience i would have to say that yes smoking formaldehyde will get you high, but at what risk?

I spent most of my life in jail and prisons and I never met anyone dumb enough to try and smoke Motrins.. I have seen the banana peels, and orange peels tho although I never ever went near some stupid shit like that.. Mostly likely cause I could get Tobacco and weed no matter what doc camp or County jail I was in.. I use to laugh those idiots that would do that shit.. then triple charge them for a tobacco roll up cause they were obviously extremely gullible already

speaking from personal experience. I got a rolled cigarette from a co-worker earlier this morning. Within an hour i was in the emergency room. The Blood toxicology report said there were traces of formaldehyde in my system. I asked if it could have been laced with PCP and they informed me that had PCP been the cause i would have still been "tripping" or still have the high. All it did to me was cause me to be paranoid, lose an hour and a half, have hallucinations, break out in a pouring sweat, raise my blood-pressure, raise my heart rate, and make me extremely nauseous. Not something I would recommend anyone ever do. So i guess from my own experience i would have to say that yes smoking formaldehyde will get you high, but at what risk?

I think more details are needed. This source says:

Formaldehyde cannot be reliably measured in blood, urine, or body tissues following exposure. Formaldehyde is produced in the body and would be present as a normal constituent in body tissues.

What else did your blood tests find?

Also it seems really weird that your co-worker would give you a cigarette laced with embalming fluid (or anything for that matter). There are many sources for formaldehyde exposure (formaldehyde is normally found in cigarette smoke among many many other things). And embalming fluid contains more than just formaldehyde. I don't think smoking formaldehyde would show up reliably on a blood test - are you sure the hospital staff was telling you the full story? Testing for various drugs seems much more appropriate than assuming it couldn't have been PCP because of the short duration of effects - did they actually even test for PCP? What about other drugs, toxic substances or health problems? What tests did they do? Why are you so sure it was something to do with the cigarette? There has got to be more to this story.

Last edited:
That doesn't sound like embalming fluid; it sounds like typical fx of being exposed to synthetic cannabinoids/"spice".

PCP is a very fat soluble molecule that will hang around in your body for quite a while.

Formaldehyde is not psychoactive, on the other hand. If you can manage to actually get any into you (it's very volatile; if you are "smoking formaldehyde" it is all being destroyed) it would almost certainly produce toxic effects, by fixating all the protiens in your body... Other things to consider is that PCP freebase is not water-soluble (usually shipped as an ether/naptha solution, i thought) but formaldehyde is undoubtedly sold as a 37% solution in water...

(Also, formaldehyde has a very characteristic smell, not anything like the fishy-nasty smell of PCP/piperidine. It should be easy to tell if it's contaminated.).

Anyone who smokes 'embalming fluid' is a moron. PCP, the dissociative arylcyclohexylamine, has nothing to do with formaldehyde at all. People who mix PCP and formaldehyde are like people who mix chili pepper into their meth...

Thank you for your contribution! I feel like now, I have seen everything. I hope everyone who reads this comes to the same conclusion as you, that it is not something you would recommend ANYONE ever do. I'm glad that when you were hospitalized, that they were able to save you...

I'm closing this thread, if someone needs it opened PM me, otherwise, I feel there is no further HR value, so let's let this thread die... what do you say? You don't have to smoke it's embalming fluid %)

Status
Not open for further replies.