• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Smoking crank P2P

Psyber0

Greenlighter
Smoking crank (P2P meth) doesn't work as easy as smoking crystal.

Is there any ways to make crank more smokable? Like crystalization with a solvent or something.

Any processes like that people know please explain.

If not just explanation of good technique.

I'm afraid I do not have anything to add. But, what is P2P? Unfamiliar with different "types" of speed/meth.

It's meth synthed from Phenyl-2-propanone it has both d and l isomers.

Its old school meth from before crystal took over.

I'm not savvy to the chemistry behind all that. So, in layman's it's just made from different precursors?

Yes made from different precursors. Crystal is pure d-meth where as P2P crank is both d, l

Im pretty sure The l-meth alone is considered poor for recreation compared to d-meth so really P2P shouldn't be as good as d-meth or would at least take larger doses to get as good effects but I've heard meth users from back in the days of crank swear that it blows today's crystal away

Only thing is it burns real easy when you try to smoke it so it's only good to slam it or insuflate.

I'd just enjoy having the option to smoke sometimes

I gotcha. Do you have any resources I could learn from concerning the chemistry of meth? Things like the "isomers" and "handedness"?

And I am sorry I couldn't help you out man, but maybe the responses will bump it long enough to get you an answer.

Im pretty sure The l-meth alone is considered poor for recreation compared to d-meth so really P2P shouldn't be as good as d-meth or would at least take larger doses to get as good effects but I've heard meth users from back in the days of crank swear that it blows today's crystal away

I seem to remember reading somewhere that a lot of meth being imported from superlabs in Mexico is synthesized via the P2P method, due to ephedrine/pseudoephedrine precursors becoming more tightly controlled/monitored

Old tweakers are a kick though. Used to love to hear them speak wistfully about the tweak "back in the day"...it was ALWAYS better than the "crap nowadays", LOL

Pure L-meth isn't sold on the street as it's almost non psychoactive

On the street there is d-meth (crystal) or d, I meth (crank) so on the face of it with my limited understanding crank shouldn't be as good as a remainder of it is the inactive l isomer but people swear it is the type of meth that will get you spun more easily and be more of a roller coaster. I wouldn't say any meth is a functional stim but under this opinion d-meth would be the more functional out of the two.

P2P is the original meth they started synthesising that's why the precursors got controlled around the 70's and they switched to synthing psuedo-ephedrine based meth and it just stuck... Which probably because its more smokable.

I dont understand why it would matter at less they messed up the synthesis. You shouldnt be able to have such dramatic differences between the chemical properties of d and l methamphetamine. Are you sure they arent just in different forms methamphetamine freebase should evaporate faster then methamphetamine hcl I believebi didnt double check the evaporation pt.

Methamphetamine freebase is an oil. It needs to be converted into a salt usually of HCl gas but even crank should turn to crystaline shards and burned cut agents after the first heating of it. A wash might clean it up enough for proper smoking.
Also the Levo isomer of meth is sold over the counter as an inhaler for nasal congestion.

Good point anhydride about freebase being liquid. But I thought the otc inhalers use a cyclohexane instead of benzene after the lmethamphetamine was still being abused

United States Food and Drug Administration. April 2015. Retrieved 7 March 2016. "Topical nasal decongestants --(i) For products containing levmetamfetamine identified in 341.20(b)(1) when used in an inhalant dosage form. The product delivers in each 800 milliliters of air 0.04 to 0.150 milligrams of levmetamfetamine."

I'm a lazy shite as this is from wikipedia reference but has a recent date. I also love how they spell it Metamfetamine, that way no one will know right?