• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Smoking cannabis after mdma, get memory problems.

ompa86

Bluelighter
Hi.
I just wanted to know peoples experiences with smoking cannabis after taking ecstasy/mdma.

On saturday i had a blast with some good ecstasy tabs at a good club. When the club closed we went home and started smoking cannabis. I am always very sensitive to drugs and cannabis so I only smoked a little bowl of some good hash. After a while I got extremely high. Things became quite strange and the biggest problem was that I couldn't remember my thoughts after 15sec. or so. My memory just went complete blank. So talking to my friends became impossible. I just couldn't understand a thing.

The next day I remembered that exactly the same thing happend a while ago. I took x, and smoked cannabis when I came down. I lost my mind to say at least.

I smoke cannabis quite often, like 2times a week or so, but I am really sensitive so I always smoke small amounts. Sometimes I get so high that I start getting visuals and stuff but I have never gotten the same reaction as with mdma and cannabis.
Now I realize that I should quit smoking after taking E. Not a big problem after all. But I would really like to know if some of you have experienced the same or know why this is happening.

I experienced something similar a while back in pretty much the same conditions..

We were already floored on MDMA and we smoked one too many hashish joint. We couldnt keep a conversation because we'd lose track of it after 15 seconds. When we tryed to say something too long we would interrupt in the middle of it cause we didnt remember our idea and not even the beggining of the sentence.

MDMA will cause some difficulty concentrating, short-term memory scramble or loss & confusion. Cannabis is also know to affect short term memory and cause confusion at high dosages.

Put them togheter + exhaustion and it can be surprising

this is why i absolutely cannot smoke weed when on e, and i am surprised when people i'm with do. the few times that i did, i was very lucky if i could string two coherent sentences in a row.

i can handle it after i've come down for at least 2-3 hours, but yeah, even then i do have short term memory issues. but at least then i can have a conversation, even if it's inevitably a silly and nonsensical one.

That happened to me yesterday afternoon when I smoked weed after taking just half a bar before to calm me down, and I had rolled the night before. Idk if the mdma had anything to do with it, but I really think it did because that never happened to me from just xanax + weed. I could not hold a conversation for more than 10 seconds. Then I passed out lol best sleep ever

That describes the perfect come down. when youre done rushing, kick back and smoke till you are braindead.

I stopped smoking weed on a comedown for that exact reason, I would not be able to function. Also in addition to the mushbrain, I would get paranoid like no other.

No more of that for me.

You can get scat'd as fuck sometimes on the comedown, and smoking weed only compounds the problem. Its what I like to call goldfish mode, although if I concentrate hard enough I can usually maintain my train of thought.

Its usually worst 0-12 hours after the comedown, and gets better from there. After a day or so im back to normal.

dude.... same problem on saturday night.
i had two white stars friday night and then decided to have another on saturday, during the come down i smoked some weed and i was absolutely sideways.. could hardly stand and vomited a fair bit. fairly scary at the time seeing as i had hardly eaten a thing all weekend. i past out and had to wake up and walk home at 4 in the morning. still scattered from that experience

We always do this after a rave, usually have a J prerolled outside. I really quite enjoy ambling around with my friends for hours looking for the train station minutes away. When I smoke a joint after MDMA i seem to become totally carefree, it just feels as if I am gliding along totally oblivious to my surroundings. And yes, I get the memory of a gold fish, if not worse :)

I Love that feeling, as flippingtop said a J or two after a rave makes the journey home a lot more interesting, what you remember anyway hah. Nothing quite like stumbling through a city center at 5 am not knowing where the hell your going.

I sometimes have minor short term memory problems on the comedown even without weed. I think it's mostly to with the fact that my mind and body are exhausted.

While exhaustion and weed definitely contribute to memory problems while rolling, I think MDMA itself has an definite effect on your memory. If I eat a large amount of MDMA I usually forget most of the peak. I usually only remember the come up and the beginning and the end of the peak. I also find MDMA makes me kind of lazy with my memory. It's almost like I am feeling so good that my mind can't be bothered to get the memory subsystem working 100%. It would rather focus on the beauty of the landscape, the awesome music and appreciating the friendships we make in life. :D

It's weird, sometimes I get this problem, sometimes I dont. Sometimes it even happens when I havent smoked pot, but have been up for a long time. I think exhaustion plays a roll in this.

For me the memory-scatter effect only happens about 6-8 hours after eating the pill. I'm usually totally coherent right up until the roll starts to fade into afterglow (at least by rolling standards), and I regain my ability to have complete conversations at about breakfast time if I stay up into the morning (which I usually do), but during the not-quite-all-the-way-down time in the wee hours of the morning, IF the pill's kinda dirty (I've noticed that pure MDMA and exceptionally good pills don't give me this effect), I find it hard to hold on to thoughts for very long. Maybe weed is the determining factor in whether or not it happens, but I personally think it's a question of how many adulterants are in the pill. I'm usually able to tell how dirty a pill is by how easily I can have extended conversations after the party.

We had this happen to us, had a pretty big dose of MDMA for a Massive Attack concert, then ended up at someone's flat afterwards. We smoked up for a few hours while we came down. At one point it got really funny (worst for me than the others), I would say something which was either a minute late into the conversation or my thoughts had simply wondered down a tangent and then I spoke about them - making no sense whatsoever into the current conversation. Then we started trying to trace back those thoughts to how they got there, which ended up in me going into more thought-tangents. Was quite a brainfuck, but funny nonetheless.

I sometimes have minor short term memory problems on the comedown even without weed. I think it's mostly to with the fact that my mind and body are exhausted.

While exhaustion and weed definitely contribute to memory problems while rolling, I think MDMA itself has an definite effect on your memory. If I eat a large amount of MDMA I usually forget most of the peak. I usually only remember the come up and the beginning and the end of the peak. I also find MDMA makes me kind of lazy with my memory. It's almost like I am feeling so good that my mind can't be bothered to get the memory subsystem working 100%. It would rather focus on the beauty of the landscape, the awesome music and appreciating the friendships we make in life. :D

I can relate to all of this so well! I really wish I could remember more of the peak. I literally have no short term memory at certain points of my roll and always end up stopping myself mid-sentence because I can't remember what I was talking about. When my boyfriend talks to me, I usually lose track of what he's saying after a few words and have to spend the rest of the time struggling to figure out what he's talking about, and most of the time I have to ask. We laugh about it because it's become a part of my roll but it's pretty ridiculous. Sometimes it happens to him too (I'll ask him what we're talking about and he'll pause and then say he doesn't know) but not nearly as bad...

Definitely something that happens for me when I smoke on the comedown. It's pretty fun, once you get over the frustration, lol.

I have one good memory of my friend and I smoking a bowl after rolling pretty hard one night. We ended up sitting/laying on the ground of our apartment, talking about absolute nonsense, and forgetting about our topic mid-sentence when we would zone out on the TV or disco light we had set up.
I believe we eventually broke out the video camera and started recording, so we'd know what the HELL had happened in the morning. After we sobered up a little, we listened to the things we were talking about, and needless to say, we couldn't make it through the entire clip - it was too painful.

me: "hahahahaha."
him: "dude."
me: <2mins later> "what?"
him: "uh. idk. what?"
me: "idunno."
him: "dude for a second i forgot where i was"
me: "we're .... uh..... home, right?"

Pretty awful, but funny to think about. Hah.

Oh I though that was the whole point of smoking weed.
Like duh,
what,
where was I,
oh no,
right,
hey embled scrabs!

I don't like to get to that state anymore unless I'm feeling real safe and mellowed out, in a post E haze.
There are things that are possible, such as mindless fucking.
I find its the perfect condition for extend sixty-nining.

screw that. I hate that feeling.

Weed does that to me without E.

Recently i did some weed and my mind was complete crap. Couldnt concentrate, couldnt think, couldnt remember anything. Plus my anxiety went through the roof.....i think that was due to quiting smoking cigs about 1month before that though