• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

smoking after depersonalization?

ron34

Greenlighter
Hello,

I smoked weed always with pleasure but the last times i got depersonilization, the feeling that everything is on auto-pilot.
Last couple of times it lasted for a week , and then i was back to normal, but last month it took me an entire month to recover from it.

It really sucks because i love weed, and it gives me the most relaxing feeling ever but now i'm afraid to smoke.

Did this ever happen to you? And do you know how to fix this?

Thanks!

I'm not sure can you describe the depersonilazation?? If it's now taking a month at a time to recover the bud probably isn't worth it.

It's like the body and mind are seperated and it feels like your body is doing things without doubt, everything goes automatic.
When you have a conversation with anybody it feels like your watching somebody else talk instead of yourself.

I've smoked for 8 years without any problems, i quit last year and started picking it up again 6 months ago.
This happened, always the morning after i smoked, the night itself is always a good time.
The next day is the worst, the second it gets better and the days afterwards i'm feeling quite normal again, but last time the days turned into weeks and it was pretty scary.

I didn't mind it though, it was weird but i'm afraid next time it will stick a year or maybe longer if i continue to smoke, but i miss smoking alot.

it has become apparent to me that pot turns on a lot of people here in Bluelight.... sometimes these are signs from up above. maybe you should quit?

For a LONG time i really enjoyed Cannabis.. then out of the blue it did straight turn on me big time. I did chalk this up mainly to psychedelic and opiate abuse but who knows for sure ya know? One thing i can say. Right now after a very long break from it and now off all other substances, these medical strains out there are a GODSEND to me. So maybe give it a rest, go see a dr to make sure you're mentally doing ok and if ya feel better and it's mentally safe, give it a try again.

Be safe out there,
-B

Marijuana can definitely bring out the depersonalization out of those more vulnerable to it. My drug use throughout the years has pretty much left me in a permanent state of depersonalization. I feel I have grown accustomed to it as it no longer bothers me really. I am medicated though so that helps. I smoke a few times a day and when I do the symptoms are much worse but like I said its all part of the ride and comes with the territory. Same with HPPD you just learn to adapt and barely notice it after a while. IME

DP/DR is in my opinion a symptom of emotional distress. I had a few DP/DR episodes, the longest lasting for over 2 months, and have been battling with panic disorder / anxiety for over 2 years now.

I think the weed brings out the symptoms, but you need to adress the underlying problems, otherwise it might get worse... I recommend to take a long break from drugs and to find out what is wrong. I didn't use cannabis for a long time in order to pull myself together. last summer I started smoking again and seem to tolerate it pretty well. I still have anxiety and occasional DP/DR symptoms, but nowadays I can deal with them much better than before, even while using cannabis.

btw, how do feel in general, when not having an episode?

Thanks for all the responses guys,
When i don't have an episode i feel pretty ok, but i get bored really quick and thats when i really need to smoke or drink.
I also can't sleep when i'm sober, to many thoughts race trough my head about everything from relationships to stupid things like games or movies.