• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Smoked too much meth and I’m panicking

Skrilith

Bluelighter
I really didn’t even do that much. I’ve done way more of way stronger stuff with way less of a tolerance. But I just smoked a bowl and now I feel so fucked up and I feel like I have shortness of breath and have to force myself to breath. I’ve arguably been doing it a lot more lately but it wasn’t an issue until now I eat and sleep this is the first time I’ve been so high I can’t sleep because usually I eat and sleep fine I’m freaking out and don’t have anyone to tell or talk to idk what to do. I have so gabapentin would that help me come down and maybe lower my heart rate idk I’m freaking

Hey man, first off, take a breath slowly.
Chill for a second and find something to focus on, be it here on BL, or some music writing, something. It's very easy to make that anxiety worse yourself by getting paranoid and what not.
Drink some water and talk to me.....how long ago u smoke?

Somebody that knows about Meth. will be along shortly to help I'm sure (sorry but I know nothing about Meth. at all but panicking for no reason from crack, but for the same or very similar symptoms, I'm familiar with).

Is this batch from the same supplier/dealer as usual is a question I'd ask?

And while waiting for somebody with the necessary knowledge to chime in here to help you: tough as it may be just either sit up or lie down and relax concentrating on your breathing and heartbeat rate. It's a "trick" of actually having to convince yourself that you're being ridiculous, you've just overdone it a bit, and you'll be fine in a few minutes (type of thing). Not and easy thing to do but doable nevertheless. Used to work for me anyway.

Sorry I personally cannot be of more help.
I’ve been smoking this same rock for weeks and didn’t have a problem till tonight when I actually had a chance to be alone long enough to smoke a good bowl. But nothing I havent done before. Just trying to ride it out, just feels so fucking intense

Hey man, first off, take a breath slowly.
Chill for a second and find something to focus on, be it here on BL, or some music writing, something. It's very easy to make that anxiety worse yourself by getting paranoid and what not.
Drink some water and talk to me.....how long ago u smoke?

It’s been like an hour since I took the last hit. Feels like nothing though time is crazy fucked up

Right, I know the feeling.
What helps me if I happen to get in that weird state of anxiety is listen to music and write. Or go for a walk and listen to music or a podcast of interest something to take your mind outta that uncomfort zone. Definitely drink a lil water, I don't think gabapentin will do much as it takes a while to set in and from what I understand need a high dose, but I could be wrong.

I don't know if I should even be mentioning this but with crack my only salvation under those circumstances was a drink (alcohol) or twenty in a very short space of time (and of course no sooner would you be back to "normal" and you're back with the pipe again! Lol!).

Not sure if this is harm reduction advice or not when it comes to Meth.
I was actually going to mention this, depending on what the OP responded with, I don't like recommending mixtures but do it myself quite often, and yea same as u @dalpat077 alcohol is my go to for getting some what right again. Mainly beer...like u said 20 lol but I don't find myself doin it so much with meth. With coke of course, dirty dirty drug. Blah!

When you OD on stims they usually give benzos.

If you have one lying around, like alcohol, it could help. We just don't want you to get even more out of whack mentally, so take it easy.

Reactions: CFC
I’ve overdone meth many a time and the thing to keep top of mind is that the bad feelings will pass before too long.

The advice from @xxfreak187xx is absolutely correct. I’m not so sure about @dalpat077 ‘s advice to drink alcohol because meth is a very long acting drug and you’ll end up blending in your booze hangover with your meth comedown and make everything a lot worse. The alcohol will also dehydrate you. Start by getting control of your breathing, a big part of anxiety/panic attacks comes from hyperventilating and shallow breathing. Start taking slow deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. Count to 5 slowly on the way in, hold for 5 if you can, then count slowly to five on the exhale. Even JUST THREE breaths like that will notably relax you in most situations. Next thing is to keep really hydrated and cool. If you’ve had to much meth you will probably be feeling overheated. Take a lot of liquids.

In terms of coming down faster and de-activating the meth or reducing its effects, the best thing to take is a benzo like valium. However, if you do not have any then drinks or vitamin tablets containing vitamin C will eloiminate the meth from your bloodstream a lot faster. A massive dose of vitamin C would be very beneficial if you’ve overdone it.

You also need to be clear whether you are just having an anxiety attack from the meth, or if you are actually overamped (overdosed) on it. If you have things like blurry vision, trembling extremities, high temperature, uncontrolled sweating, racing heart etc then you are actually overamped and may need to consider going to the ER. However, if your only symptom is anxiety then the good news is just relaxing through deep breathing and doing things to distract yourself will help immensely. the advice to read, watch some you-tube, get on BLuelight or whatever is good if that helps distract your mind from being anxious. However, I find that lying down in a dark room listening to soft chill music while doing the breathing exercises brings my anxiety levels down more quickly.

The gabapentin will help but the problem is it takes like 2-3 hours to start working unlike benzos such as Valium that would kick in fully within like 1-2 hours. Drinking pop or something acidic can make the gabapentin kick in slightly quicker as in 2 hours and something like a small bite of saltine crackers if u could manage it will increase the absorption too. It also only lasts like 5-7 hours. Gabapentin comes in capsules dose high as 800mg but absorption linear declines after 300mg so once u get passed 900mg it's like 10-12% absorption and after roughly 1200mg it won't absorb anymore even in higher doses, I just continually re-dose every hour.

I don't know if this post was of much help but it's all the advice I got.

Magnesium, light excercises, smoke some indica dominant marijuana, put on a relaxing sit com or other predictable comedic program.

Cold shower helps, benzos do help.
It's mental state you're in. You're scared. Try to autopilot on something, so you forget about this shit.
Magnesium, light excercises, smoke some indica dominant marijuana, put on a relaxing sit com or other predictable comedic program.
Only real one here is magnesium.
Smoke some weed? Great psychosis.
Excercise when your heart is pumping out of your chest? Great idea.

Clean your house/flat (slow tempo, no need to rush) and listen to some Anxiety relief binaural beats/isochronic tones. You will be focused on cleaning so you won't think about anxiety (but you will stil feel it) and meanwhile meth blood concentration will be lower and music will kick in and you will feel good, because you did something useful while on meth instead of wasting time.

Weed is NOT the answer to every medical or psychiatric condition....Way worse than crazy tweakers are cannabis evangelists. Not pointing at anyone in particular - just at the BL phenomenon of in every drug crisis being recommended to smoke some heavy strain of weed.

Weed is NOT the answer to every medical or psychiatric condition....Way worse than crazy tweakers are cannabis evangelists. Not pointing at anyone in particular - just at the BL phenomenon of in every drug crisis being recommended to smoke some heavy strain of weed.

Because it's just weed. it' s medicine. you can smoke it everyday. It' s harmless blahblahblah

i had paranoia and anxiety if i smoked weed in wrong enviroment or wrong period of time. I had social phobia all the time. it's all gone, but until today i'm smoking only alone or only with close friends.

No kidding, especially since weed can often times exacerbate anxiety. If you aren't already a regular marijuana consumer with a decent tolerance then smoking weed isn't likely to help an anxiety crisis, instead could just make matters worse.

Cold shower helps, benzos do help.
It's mental state you're in. You're scared. Try to autopilot on something, so you forget about this shit.

Only real one here is magnesium.
Smoke some weed? Great psychosis.
Excercise when your heart is pumping out of your chest? Great idea.
Hey why do you think I led with the magnesium, lol.

Nah the weed doesn't always seem to gel well with amphetamines as far as helping one relax, actually if I remember correctly it just seems to add more "fuel to the fire" if you smoke before the crash arrives.

I do think going on a slow paced walk or doing some stretches would have some merit, definitely not like running or lifting weights or anything like that, definitely not wise with the high heart rate. The poster who suggested slowly going about cleaning had the right idea.

Just finding anything to do, rather than sitting fixating on the unpleasant sensation.

I don't know I've never had a stimulant OD I'm wary of the whole damn class of substances because it seems to suck once you push past your "sweet spot"

Last edited:
Hey why do you think I led with the magnesium, lol.

Nah the weed doesn't seem to gel very well with amphetamines as far as helping one relax, actually if I remember correctly it just seems to add more "fuel to the fire" if you smoke before the crash arrives.

I do think going on a slow paced walk or doing some stretches would have some merit, definitely not like running or lifting weights or anything like that, definitely not wise with the high heart rate. The poster who suggested slowly going about cleaning had the right idea.

Just finding anything to do, rather than sitting fixating on the unpleasant sensation.

I don't know I've never had a stimulant OD I'm wary of the whole damn class of substances because it seems to suck once you push past your "sweet spot"
Only thing I could do when I OD'd on A-PhPp was to lie down and focus on my breath, go laying in cold shower before I start cramping.
I think if you can move without your chest not hurting it's not serious OD, it's just too much.

Only thing I could do when I OD'd on A-PhPp was to lie down and focus on my breath, go laying in cold shower before I start cramping.
I think if you can move without your chest not hurting it's not serious OD, it's just too much.

Just taking the basic measures to calm yourself down and prevent overheating like this usually gets you back to a comfortable enough level of high pretty quickly in my experience.

Every time I’ve accidentally overamped (including today) I’ve been more or less fine within an hour - often by just lying down and being still and doing nothing but breathing right. Although cold showers are great when you overheat.

I've come across this many times. I practice my "belly breathing" and start drinking lots of water. I mean lots. When i feel I have control of my breathing enough, I spark a joint. Time to get some rest. Good luck.

Thank you so much everyone I am okay. I just had a really bad emotionally heavy day yesterday and got carried away because I actually had someone to smoke with for once and then was alone and just panicked. I actually was fine and able to just smoke some weed and pass out. I really didn’t do too much. It was just heavy haha. Thank you all