• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

smoke vs shoot tar herion

I've never used dope and don't want to but people I know who have said how IV is the best route and in their opinion that 'Any other ROA is a waste'.

But it's extremely easy to OD on dope this way, and you can also OD from sniffing and smoking too, and that tar is extremely cut and that once you start to IV you will not go back to sniffing or smoking. Stay safe.

I'll have to second that. Once you start to shoot it takes the psychological addiction to entire new level of horrible

If you're already shooting drugs, then there's no question, smoking tar won't even get most IV users well. However, if you're new to heroin, you can have a lot of 'good times' smoking it and being high as fuck all day off on 20 sack for a long time before the financial burden starts to add up and you rationalize that you must shoot dope.

I've met a couple people who still alternate between smoking and shooting, even after they've IV'd...personally, when I was still using tar regularly, I'd alternate between smoking and shooting. Smoking eventually began to really irritate my lungs for some reason, so I eventually settled on IV (all day err'day). For one girl I knew, smoking was her preferred ROA even though she'd done her fair share of shooting before.

Was never the case with meth, though. With that one, anyone who shot always preferred to shoot up if given the choice.

Also, with tar people seem to stay away from the needle longer than when it's powder, "real heroin" (diamorphine). I knew one lady (my first dealer) with a 10+ year tar habit, in and out of methadone and bupe programs, and she still smoked. Maybe that's just a misconception I have based on limited exposure to "east coast powder", though...I'm sure that there are plenty of people with really long habits, who are content to simply snort their drugs...

If you're already shooting drugs, then there's no question, smoking tar won't even get most IV users well. However, if you're new to heroin, you can have a lot of 'good times' smoking it and being high as fuck all day off on 20 sack for a long time before the financial burden starts to add up and you rationalize that you must shoot dope.

^Agree with this for sure, at least use up your smoking days (Nice high if the tar is good of course). Save your veins for at least that 'Raw' greyish looking stuff, or what we get in Oz and that's the SE Asian Heroin #4 - high quality stuff if you're at the right end of it and made for those veins and ruining your life if you enjoy it which you will, but you don't have to.

Oh man if you don't shoot it don't... Had 4 of the best years of my life smoking tar before I moved to the east coast! Enjoy it as I wish I could get my hands on some right now. Lol powder does the trick but man oh man to socialize and relax smoking is the way to go

IME smoking it will produce a stronger rush but will last a very undesirable amount of time, not worth it at all IMO. shooting it produces an amazing rush that lasts hours, great ROA IME. be safe and know your tolerance first, its very dangerous if youre opiate niave.

Tar is usually cut with smoking being the assumed ROA of the ppl doing the cutting.

I'd smoke it over slamming it. Its all gummy and varies too much in potency (potentially contributing to OD) which would make me afraid to slam it.

Try smoking it using a titanium nail and bong. You'll get huge rips (just don't use water).

Well if you go with the route of IV, you will consume 100% of the dose. If inhaled you will only absorb 40%-60%.
So you will definitely get a lot more bang for your buck if you slam

Personally, I would most definitely begin with smoking/snorting/shelving it haha. Anything but shooting up first. BTH is extremely potent and will have profound effects on your body in which you may not know how to react. And you know what they say; the higher the climb, harder the fall. Heroin causes some pretty extreme comedowns I've heard.

Basically, go with your gut instinct. If you think it's a good idea to slam for your first time and your ready to deal with the immediate/long term effects to come than go for it. Just know you will never, and I mean NEVER, get as blasted as your first time IVing a considerable dose of a drug.