• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Smoke black tar and been coughing mucus, peeing dark yellow, and no appetite. Normal

Deeeso

Greenlighter
I have been smoking heroin(black tar) for about 6 months now and have noticed dark urine and coughing up dark mucus and loss of appetite. Im in the process of getting subs to ween off. I also smoke cigarettes. Are these signs of hepatitis c or lung cancer or normal for users?

Welcome to Bluelight :)
That doesn't sound normal, you should go to a doctor to get checked

Hep C is bright yellow vomit..... Why do you think you have hep C? Are you smoking and sharing the smoking tool with someone who had hep C?

Honestly it doesn't sound that strange coughing black mucus since you have no idea what's cut into the tar you're smoking. Plus the ciggys definitely lead to mucus. Still if you're fearing lung cancer get checked although I honestly doubt it as I assume one would be able to tell somethings seriously wrong with kung cancer developing although I really don't know.

The dark urine should be checked although it just means your urine is super dirty with what is filtered into urine. It could be a sign of some organ issue although again doubt it as there would probably be pain or some discomfort accompanying it.

Still it's better to be safe rather than sorry. Get checked out as it's better to be safe rather than sorry. Just don't mention smoking the black tar unless you want to be labled a drug seeker for the rest of your life

The mucus is normal of smoking anything. Dark Urine can be a sign of blood in your urine. Usually the only way to get hep C is if you are using needles (usually shared or re-used needles). You might want to go to a doctor like has already been mentioned. Keep in mind though if you are typing symptoms into google, you probably have every disease known to man.

Hep C is bright yellow vomit..... Why do you think you have hep C? Are you smoking and sharing the smoking tool with someone who had hep C?

Honestly it doesn't sound that strange coughing black mucus since you have no idea what's cut into the tar you're smoking. Plus the ciggys definitely lead to mucus. Still if you're fearing lung cancer get checked although I honestly doubt it as I assume one would be able to tell somethings seriously wrong with kung cancer developing although I really don't know.

The dark urine should be checked although it just means your urine is super dirty with what is filtered into urine. It could be a sign of some organ issue although again doubt it as there would probably be pain or some discomfort accompanying it.

Still it's better to be safe rather than sorry. Get checked out as it's better to be safe rather than sorry. Just don't mention smoking the black tar unless you want to be labled a drug seeker for the rest of your life

Before, i thought nothing of it thinking it was just the effects of using. But then my girlfriend told me that my eyes were yellow although i didnt notice it so i looked it up and it said dark urine and loss of appetite were signs of hep c. How does it effect me by being labeled as a drug seeker? And wouldnt they find out anyway through tests?

The mucus is normal of smoking anything. Dark Urine can be a sign of blood in your urine. Usually the only way to get hep C is if you are using needles (usually shared or re-used needles). You might want to go to a doctor like has already been mentioned. Keep in mind though if you are typing symptoms into google, you probably have every disease known to man.

What if i stop using and switch to suboxones and see if it gets better before i get it checked out? Do u think thats risky? Im not trying to be labeled as a drug seeker

lUsually the only way to get hep C is if you are using needles (usually shared or re-used needles).
Not completely true. Sharing snuff straws, smoking tools, or really just exchanging fluids with a hep C person can cause it. Basically if you're around someone with hep C and you are not careful/aware it can be transferred. If you're not around someone with hep C (or using reusing needles from a public disposal bin, which is the worst idea in the world) most likely you will not catch it

Edit: Yellow pupils is called jaundice if that's what it is although it can happen without being a severe issue, but it's usually a sign of liver failure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also forgot to mention that its hard to pee and i have to force it

urine retention is a side effect of opiate use.

Just get tested. It is cheap and easy to do so. Getting tested now will save you a lot of speculation.

You can get hep A and hep B from contaminated food as well. You may have eaten something that is contaminated.

There also may be some cut in your tar that is not being processed well by your liver and causing it to work harder, hence the yellowing of the eyes and dark urine. Don't just assume this is the cause, get tested (If not for yourself, then for those around you ).

dark urine -> how much water do you drink each day? is it yellow-brown-ish or another colour?

Not completely true. Sharing snuff straws, smoking tools, or really just exchanging fluids with a hep C person can cause it. Basically if you're around someone with hep C and you are not careful/aware it can be transferred. If you're not around someone with hep C (or using reusing needles from a public disposal bin, which is the worst idea in the world) most likely you will not catch it

Edit: Yellow pupils is called jaundice if that's what it is although it can happen without being a severe issue, but it's usually a sign of liver failure.

My bad, I was not being specific enough, thanks for backing me up brother. And If you see your post says last edited by me it was because I accidently clicked on edit instead of quote and posted the first sentence in your original post lol. Sorry I am not feeling completely back to normal yet, brain still lagging behind a bit.

Yellowing eyes can be a sign of liver problems. Dark urine could be a sign of kidney problems or even dehydration. None of this is normal or even typical, definitely go to the hospital and get checked out. Could be some sort of internal infection or liver failure or a multitude of things. Switching to Suboxone is a good idea but is definitely not going to cure you of whatever this may be.

I have been smoking heroin(black tar) for about 6 months now and have noticed dark urine and coughing up dark mucus and loss of appetite. Im in the process of getting subs to ween off. I also smoke cigarettes. Are these signs of hepatitis c or lung cancer or normal for users?
Honestly all your symptoms seem to be an effect of not taking care of yourself and not so much the bth itself. The exact same thing hppens from meth and coke, just with h it is protracted due to constantly chasing the relief. Trust me man, I know exactly what youre going through. Instead of trippin about how you might have some crazy disease or biological dysfunction, how about try this for the next few days. Btw if you have hep c or whatever causing your symptoms, thats actually a pretty serious and long term thing so if i were you id be focusing on healing yourself short term

. Full panel blood test at dr (ask them)
. Try to eat and drink more like a normal person
. No sharing needles tooters pookies or even dope, think about it if ur buddy picks up for both of you, takes a shot and then breaks off some for you with blood still on your hands... no paranoia cause this actually happens, what really matters is do you care abut your health or jst using getting high as an excuse to kill yourself?
. Drink water even if u dont feel like it

I dont mean to be too harsh but i see this type of O.P post alot on here, and everyonds quick to blame it on the dope or disease but alot of times it is just what happens when some1 forgets to take care of themselves and simultaneously staying high over an extended period of time.

To reiterate the most important: drink more water and get a full panel blood test to calm your worries. And btw, the inability to piss is just an effect of the dope itself,

I agree to the above post..... The drugs may somewhat contribute to the problems, but the reality is that they allow you to mask feelings that tell you that you are not taking care of yourself leading to physical neglect. The above poster hit the kidney and liver possibility on the nails head on point. Although I doubt the hospital is necessary, but definitely schedule an appointment with your regular doctor and get things checked out ASAP. Learn how to better take care of your health as well.