• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Smelling like booze the next day?

weekend addiction

Bluelighter
I've been told I smelled like alcohol the day after drinking even with plenty of time for the booze to wear off and after showering. I drink a good amount everyday so I don't know if people are imagining the smell or bringing it up to suggest I should change some things and don't actually smell a thing.

I just don't know how that smell can stay with me well after any trace of alcohol has left my body and HOURS after being awake and drinking normal shit like soda and juice.

TLDR: Can people still smell like alcohol with absolutely no trace of the shit in their system?

Yes. If you drink every day you'll probably start to smell like you do. I doubt every trace of alcohol has left your body, if it had then we wouldn't smell like it. This happened to me a lot too.

I could always tell when someone drank a lot of beer the night before. It has an odor like no other. My boss was like this too and was a smart ass about it. "T. let me guess, white wine?" Showering and perfume wouldn't cover it up either. :(

I am going to have to agree, if you drink a lot there will be an extended period of time where you smell like alcohol. Its hard to say exactly how long you will have detectable alcohol in your system so lets assume that you drink 10 standard drinks a night, during my worst i was between 6-10 drinks a night, people never complained I smelt like alcohol but my friend who would drink flavored vodkas definitely did and that was like a sickening combo of flavor and stale liquor but he may not have showered or something I didnt live with him just drank with him at night and we were in the same morning class sometimes... yeah if i was hungover his odor would make it worse lol

What are you drinking? That might be part of the reason.

It could be that there is more to the story then just alcohol then. Thats why i brought up the idea of the flavored liquors, I was a straight vodka drinker and no one complained about me smelling but that isnt definitive evidence lol

Nah, the Natty Ice is more than capable of making you reek the day after. It was a popular drink in college, it stays with you.
Vodka, or blended whiskey is normally easier to cover up.
Old Spice Original is the best deodorant for covering up the smell, pretty sure it was made for drunks. Give that a shot.

take a steam shower and sweat it all out
ive smelled like that plenty of times like the smell starts coming through your pores

ive smelled like that plenty of times like the smell starts coming through your pores
That's exactly what's happening. You are sweating it out its one way for your body to eliminate the booze in your body,pissing is another!

To OP even if you drink early and pass out earlier if you've hammered back say a 12 pack of Natty Ice that's like the equivalent of probably 18 regular domestic and it would take a minimum to clear your system of 18 hours . That means if you slam a 12 pack and pass out by 11 you will still have alcohol detectable in your body until 5pm the next day!

yeah alcohol has a very short half life
healthy person 1 standard drink will be out within an hr or 2
sweating is a good way to rid all the shit from the body when it comes to booze a sauna will do wonders if you wanna cheat