• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smell traveling through the vents?

Klapsmuhle

Greenlighter
I smoked the other night in my room and did a pretty thorough job of eliminating the smell-- or so I thought. The next day one of my family members mentioned a "weird smell coming from the vents last night". That's the one thing I didn't consider. I wasn't blowing the smoke directly into the vents, but my room has particularly good ventilation so I guess the scent trailed through. I suppose the solution here would be to simply close the vents, but will that definitely prevent the smell from traveling, and is there anything more I can do to block it off? I'm not sure how tightly they close, and I definitely don't want to risk messing up again and arouse suspicion. I had opened a window, tucked a blanket against the door, sprayed air freshener, put my shit in a safe place and on top of that I vape regular e-juice so I know for sure the vents are the problem.

I never had much luck sealing smoke or stank in a room completely and reliably, but I swear by sploofs; a tube filled with scented dryer sheets to blow the smoke through. And incense will pretty much take care of anything, but could arouse suspicion. And make you look like a hippy. You know, in case you were worried about that.

Smoke out the window, or in the bathroom if you've got an extraction fan. Absolutely nothing worse than being cooked off your arse and freaking out about whether or not your parents can smell it.

I smoked the other night in my room and did a pretty thorough job of eliminating the smell-- or so I thought. The next day one of my family members mentioned a "weird smell coming from the vents last night". That's the one thing I didn't consider. I wasn't blowing the smoke directly into the vents, but my room has particularly good ventilation so I guess the scent trailed through. I suppose the solution here would be to simply close the vents, but will that definitely prevent the smell from traveling, and is there anything more I can do to block it off? I'm not sure how tightly they close, and I definitely don't want to risk messing up again and arouse suspicion. I had opened a window, tucked a blanket against the door, sprayed air freshener, put my shit in a safe place and on top of that I vape regular e-juice so I know for sure the vents are the problem.

.....close the vent and lay a large, heavy book over it.

I never had much luck sealing smoke or stank in a room completely and reliably, but I swear by sploofs; a tube filled with scented dryer sheets to blow the smoke through. And incense will pretty much take care of anything, but could arouse suspicion. And make you look like a hippy. You know, in case you were worried about that.

Nag Champa is my favorite kind of incense that I've found thus far in case you want to know what kind to buy.

As for the vents, they are hard to block off very well. Try smoking somewhere else is probably your best bet.

A spoof is useful for hiding the smell - a spoof is a toilet paper tube packed full of dryer sheets. They make a professional version now called the Smoke Buddy which is a small plastic cylinder with caps on both ends that has an activated charcoal filter in it. You blow the smoke/vape through the Smoke Buddy and it removes the smell from it. Works very well, and has allowed me to use my wax pen before bed with my future mother-in-law in the next room.

-CTdopeLove