View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Smell & Taste Hallucinations on LSD+Ketamine

Wheez

Greenlighter
About once a month or every second month I do a long session of 100-150 µg LSD and after a few hours I do low amounts of Ketamine for a few hours.

I usually eat a meal light on spices and no garlic etc a couple of hours before dropping the LSD, and then I only consume water.

The last time around I got these extremely weird smell & taste hallucinations that was very overpowering so it was hard to relax and focus on anything else.
They started about 10 minutes after the first administration of Ketamine, which I even administered rectally ("boofing"). So nothing but water had entered my mouth for 4+ hours.
The LSD is [snip - please do not mention sources!] high quality, and the Ketamine from vials so 100% pure.

I have never experienced anything like this during any of my other sessions. It was as if someone was cooking some Asian garlic dish in the room and stuffing it in my mouth. It was very profound. Not sure how long it lasted but at least 1 hour.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes this is normal. LSD will heighten smell, ketamine can cause hallucinations. Pushing ketamine at a high dose on LSD can lead to a fully hallucinated version of reality. You can see things that aren't there in thin air - almost like a deliriant compared to LSD visuals on their own. Anything can appear possible and your mind can play tricks on you for all senses.

@Wheez During my earliest lsd experiences while still in my teens, Every trip was accompanied by the smell and taste of my own saliva or mucous. Later, after experiencing sexual awakening, those odors and tastes came back, and it was not just my own flavor, but very much like what I got on my earliest trips.

It is most common that we suppress various sensory channel inputs during daily life, and fail to suppress those same ongoing signals from sensory sources and memory while exploring psychedelics.

it's like the camera on my computer is currently looking at me but no software is using it right now AFAIK. same with the smell of yourself.

on LSD I used to get this brilliant metallic sort of taste/smell that i grew to love and have nostalgia for

Thanks for all your replies everyone.

I had no idea this was a common occurrence. I have done this combo trip and solo trips on mushrooms, lsd and ketamine many many times and never experienced it before.

Some weird light taste in your mouth has happened here and there, maybe from water I'm drinking or drip when insufflating ketamine.
But this was very very strong and complex smells and tastes, and even if I drank water or tried to do something to get my mind off of it it wouldn't go away.

Will go on another adventure in a day or so, we'll see if it returns.

Crazy combo, i really hate/Love it.
So Good when its good, so bad when you take that last Line that puts you over.