• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

'Smart drugs' - Some questions.

phase_dancer said:
I obtained a prescription for Selegiline from my friendly local GP without any problems. Others I know have done the same.

p_d would mind indulging us with some first hand selegiline experince of your own?

^Down the line a bit. Although I've had the script for some time, due to "post-pot abstinence" hypertension, I've only just started the course. I'll post on how things go when there's something to report.

That would be great. One more question, what exactly is "post-pot abstinence" hypertension?

Sorry, I am a curious creature.

It's a description of the condition I found myself in following giving up pot after 28 years of every day use. Although the first 3-4 week withdrawal period itself was in a strange way quite euphoric, post withdrawal was characterized by only the bad parts; extreme anxiety, body flushing and sweating, bouts of high blood pressure and heart palpitations, and at times dizziness and general disorientation.

Well Ive just started a course of Piracetam and Hydergine, and hoping to acquire some choline soon.

Ive always been somewhat troubled by the dichotomy of the piracetam experiences Ive read about -particularly here at bluelight. While I along with many others do feel that piracetam is all its cracked up to be, there are also many that think its completely useless. So I decided to take an attack dose of 8grams - 4grams in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. It was a little disappointing - I thought I felt a little over stimulated (hard to explain, just a vague sensation of psychological discomfort), but that was about it No clear cut, defined effects to speak of.

However I still think piracetam is worthwhile. Its subtle, thats for sure but its effective. It just re-inforces my personal view that all pre-concieved ideas have to be thrown out the window when dealing with smart drugs. Were all to used to the instant and extremely obvious effects of party drugs - but that just isnt the case when dealing with cognitive enhancers. Its all about subtelty and not expecting instant gratification. Nothing worthwhile comes easy I guess.

pinkanga -- did you take powder piracetam? or the nootropil? The powder appears to be *far* stronger from personal experience

Next time try taking 4g with 4g of choline. Piracetam and choline are massively synergistic. I seem to recall a study that, piracetam became effective at 1/10 the usual dose if given with sufficient choline, though I can't remember where. I do think it was on pubmed though...

A lot of people have observed that piracetam works best when your brain is already impaired by something... whether that's a hangover, tiredness, stress, etc. When I was doing shitloads of pills, I found piracetam to be invaluable. I haven't done any pills in a while now, and I still notice piracetam, but not anywhere near as strongly.

Yes I recall reading similar reports regarding choline. I will get some asap, its just that my damn piracetam supplier does not sell it. Truly inconvenient. And yes it was the nootropic. Will DEFINITELY order powder next time.

Regarding prior impairment before using piracetam... that makes alot of sense. And in an abstract sorta way its kinda how Ive always subconsciously thought about piracetam. If Everything's cool it subtlely enhances cognition, but if youve been over-doing it piracetam endevours to bring you back to baseline level - whether that be genius or council worker=D (I hope you unsderstand what Im getting at will all of that).

Damn I wich I ordered powder:\ . Also is straight choline available at health food stores? I seem to recall trying buy it maybe a year ago and I ended up getting a multivitavin 'cause the clerk was an idiot.

regarding impairmetn using piracetam - too high a dose has on occasion made me feel impaired, as in fuzzy-headed. esp. without the choline.

got to GNC, get Choline/Inositol 250/250 - this is the only form i've seen it in recently.

interesting note: I had some codeine last night and although I felt it, it definitely felt somewhat diluted and less pronounced. Maybe piracetam has a similar synergy with opiates as it does with alcohol ie. a less intoxicated type of sensation.

I got Choline from a Chemist.. Nature's Own brand.

Anyway, took pills the other night with Piracetam and choline and holy fcuking hell it completely trashed me. They were only moderate pills that I had had before and really didn't do much, but the other night I was completely on fire. GF reckons I was doing things that I don't even remember about, so maybe there is some truth to this stuff.

BUMP!=D

phase_dancer said:
^Down the line a bit. Although I've had the script for some time, due to "post-pot abstinence" hypertension, I've only just started the course. I'll post on how things go when there's something to report.

Any impressions yet p_d?

Isn't phenylalanine the ingredient in Diet Coke that people claim causes brain cancer, etc? Obviously (as an amino acid) it doesn't, but does it carry any risks?
------------------------

and as an artificial sweetner in sugar free gum such as extra, its the stuff that makes ur poo runny..."excess consumption may have a laxative effect"

unfortunately, due to a health problem which requires upcoming surgery, I've cut short the course of selegiline as it may be contraindicated with the GA I'll need. I won't be continuing it until I get the all clear. For the 3 weeks I used it, I did feel I noticed something positive memory wise. But then again sleep was totally interrupted (however this might be more related to my medical condition atm).

Don't worry pinkanga, as soon as I've something worthwhile to report, you'll be the first to know. I'm as anxious as you are to see what a good 12 weeks will do :)

coulage -- you're thinking of aspartame, the artificial sweetner. Phenylalanine is a byproduct of the breakdown of aspartame.

Phenylalanine doesn't really carry any substantial risks, as far as I know, so long as you don't go eating grams and grams of it if you're a 90 year old on stimulants and irreversible MAO inhibitors with untreated hypertension :p

p_d -- hope that you get better soon

-VelocideX

Last edited by a moderator:
nanobrain said:
get Choline/Inositol 250/250 - this is the only form i've seen it in recently.

Just wondering...

I purchased GNC Triple Lecithin 1200 to go along with my piracetam which is meant to be equivalent to 420mg of Phosphatidyl choline. Is this a suitable choline source or should I just get the one mentioned above or the Nature's Own branded one which are choline bitartrate sources and not equivalents?

I have just started on piracetam (five days). I am taking 1600mg in the morning and 800mg mid afternoon. Choline I am taking 500mg with each dose of piracetam, I throw in 1.2g of lecithin at some stage of the day as well.

I have noticed some subtle benefits so far (could be placebo) but am not expecting much until about the two week mark.

I am keen to try aniractem and pramiracetam as in my next stack, along with some alphaGPC for a better choline source.

EDIT: It would appear that spelling and grammar are not amongst the improvements thus far :p

Last edited: