• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Small xanax dose and alcohol safe?

Anoney3111

Greenlighter
Hi my friend Tim has experience with taking xanax, but has a low tolerance because he hasn't done them in a few years. He used to take them and smoke weed but he does not smoke anymore. Would it be safe or him to take .5mg to 1mg of xanax and have a couple shots of tequila? Right now Tim has had about .75 mg of xanax and a shot and wants to take a little more of each. His breathing feels relaxed but is breathing normal and his heart rate isn't beating slow, but it does not feel like it's pumping as hard if that makes any sense. Tim has read of people taking much larger quantities of each but is very paranoid of ODing. Any help is very appreciated

Tell Tim that everyone knows that it's him posting and that he's not fooling anyone.

I would say that it's not a very good idea to take more especially if you have no tolerance and haven't used for a while. Even if you don't OD, you may end up too intoxicated. If you want to take more, then I guess just stick to drinking or take that remaining alprazolam, but not both. But of course, go easy in any case.

Thanks for the response and Tim says sorry he is paranoid about self incrimination and we will read the forum rules again together

Also I would like to note that I have a mild to moderate alcohol tolerance. My mom is an alcoholic and have witnessed her down about 18 beers and probably about 20 mg of xanax with no xanax tolerance and she woke up "just fine" I would just like to get a nice buzz on, not get obliterated and be safe

But I have read of people doing off of a lot less. Are chances of overdosing greater if you fall asleep rather than stayin awake?

you are just asking for trouble
i speak from exp it felt like i roofied myself
why even take the xanax?
alcohol affects the same gaba receptors as xanax and gives you the same effect just like xanax
keep the xanax for another day