• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Small money making ideas?

^^ The problem with that is, you usually need a group of people for that sort of thing to be a success.

And I don't feel like getting that many people involved in my little shananigan... and I DO NOT want to share! :-D

Thanks for all the suggestions. It's a lot to think about.

I'm still not sure - I may take up a part time Job.

shals :D

^ hows your techy skills? set yourself up as a 'pc doctor - no job too small, x bucks per hour .. no fix, fee' :)

Originally posted by mintalyelevatid
find some sort of charity or agency worth making money for. then hold carwashes to benefit the agency. grab a few friends and wash cars in parking lots along busy highways. heres the key. advertise free carwashes and ask for donations. by charging a set amount, you drive away most people. youll also get rich people who dont want their fancy cars touched but will give money for a worthy cause.

you give the agency some money and make some yourself.

for a club in school, we had a carwash. we made 400$ in one day. it would be easy to give the agency 100$ and keep the rest. do this on weekends at a different spot around the city.

That is deceitful and I doubt Shal would take part in such a thing - If I donated money to charity, I would assume the money I am donating is either entirely going to the charity, or entirely going to the charity less the cost of the suds used to wash the car.

In fact, I even have my suspicions that what you are suggesting is illegal, but I can't be bothered to look it up.

Originally posted by rock_lobster
^ hows your techy skills? set yourself up as a 'pc doctor - no job too small, x bucks per hour .. no fix, fee' :)

That's not a bad idea... make up a flyer, state in it that you work in IT and do a mail-drop around your suburb... you'd be surprised how many people may just have a niggling question or need a quick hand to sort something out but can't be stuffed seeking out professionals or taking their PC's into a store to have it sorted out.

My brother actually did this for many years, Shal, and he often made anywhere between $20-$100 per housecall.

Originally posted by rock_lobster

that's a good idea but i fear there are a lot of people simply getting help from their tech-savvy friends who would not pay for it.

how about something a little more niche in the technology world - how technology minded are you?

if you have a capture card on your PC, offer to digitise people's VHS video and put it on a VCD (or, better, DVD) for them. obviously, i f you don't have access to a DVD burner that creates a problem but if you have a CD burner, many modern DVD players will play VCD.

i've seen places charge a lot for putting an hour of video on a disk - if oyou have the technology and knowledge, you could do a pretty good line undercutting more professional places.

what abotu mobile phone ringtones? if you are musically inclined, you could create custom ringtones for a set fee? again, there are a few people doing it online on a grand scale but you could find a niche.

alasdair

bloodhunt said:
kewl idea - but why take the trouble to download n email the photos to em? since they're thrashed anyway, might as well u just keep the money..

but seriously dude in theory what u thought of is good, not only do u get to make money but ud get to meet pple as well, maybe pple who knows other pple who could help u make some money..
mite even meet a few chicks, then charge em cash for beddin u :D

if ur free durin the weekends why not use ur car or borrow ur mate's van n help out pple who are movin? charge them like a decent rate n shit - probably the only flaw here is the money u'll spend on the gas..

or u culd just charge pple money to kick ur ass =D

I don't think that would be a good idea because there are a lot of people who do it for free. They take pictures of random people and send you the email of your picture.

learn to crochet.

i can make a hat in about an hour and (apparently) people are willing to pay upwards of $20(US). but i give them to my friends...

Shal, why dont you become a AVON salesman? I havent seen or heard of male AVON rep/Salesperson, think of all the chicks you could pull ;)

With websites like inthemix and resident advisor taking photos for free I doubt people would pay $4. The best thing I saw was a girl with a polaroid camera charging $5 a photo. Having the photo instantly was so much fun and nearly everyone in the club was getting one. I spoke to her about it however and she said that she had to get permission from the club to do it [this was at Gas.]

You're obviously on the internet, so what about selling stuff on Ebay?

If you decide to go with selling stuff on ebay then you could either sell your junk, or you could try and get yourself a target market, then decide what exactly would sell well on there.

My suggestion with ebay would be to find something that people in country towns can't access as easily as the city folk. Things like brand name clothing (buy these from the factory outlets or opshops @ bargain prices), perfume samples (some people will pay $15 - $20 for ones that are hard to get in the country), even stupid things like beads or ribbon or tissue paper ffs, you can sell ANYTHING on there!

Otherwise I suggest offering dog walking services or something like that? Or you could become a dishpig during nights or the w'ends, but you might be working fairly late hours.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but a really good way of making money is through donating semen and blood (to pharmaceutical companies as they actually pay you for the blood unlike blood banks). If you're a women you can make more than a man would do from his semen by providing your eggs (you would need to take fertility drugs which are relatively safe for most people) and it is definitely worth it IMO.

Also a good way of making money is by taking part in medical trials. They pay a lot of money for very little effort, although you have to have been registered with a doctor for some time and you need to be in good health (unless they're doing an asthma study for example).

I read an article in newspaper that a man sold a pencil sharpener on e-bay (or something worthless like that) and used the money to purchase something more valuable, sold that and so on until he ended up buying a house!

BTW you can get arrested for begging! How would you explain to your employer about your vagrancy caution, conviction or whatever?

This is very old thread,that was bump up, but its still good. As making money you need to find a good product to sell. Once you found that, you then make your self a website and you start promoting that website.

Want to earn serious money? I'll show you how!

:)

[Edited by THR] - Please don't advertise in the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
^
Same available on ebay for less than one tenth your price. On ebay, look up "iprofit", or "ebooks home business".

Brasterford said:
I read an article in newspaper that a man sold a pencil sharpener on e-bay (or something worthless like that) and used the money to purchase something more valuable, sold that and so on until he ended up buying a house!

I heard that it was someone on craigslist..... and he started off with a paperclip. Anyone know which one is true?

You are correct. He started off with a red paper clip and kept on trading until he ended up with a house in Canada.

I was mistaken.