• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Slowly becoming an addict. Can kratom possibly delay it?

menidiatis

Bluelighter
Despite no physical dependence, I can't skip days of using.

My question is, what is the best option of the 2:

1. Use 1 day, don't use 1 day, use H again

1.Use 1 day, don't use 1 day, use Kratom 1 day, use H again

Will that day where I use kratom help slow down physical depend on heroin, or kratom will make me more depend on heroin as well besides itself?

Kratom is also an opioid so it will eventually contribute to dependence. However it will make it take longer and the resulting dependence will be less. If you don't take anything every other day, and alternate your "on" days between heroin and kratom, so that every 4th day you're using H instead of every other day, that will definitely be better for you than H every other day.

If you have no dependence yet, you should really try to see yourself as incredibly fortunate and stop while you're ahead. I know, easier said than done. But once you become dependent, the whole game changes so much and life starts to become hellish.

Theoretically yes it would slow down your dependence marginally, but a spider web isn't going to stop a freight train.

I find kratom to be great at suppressing cravings for heroin. Mileage and opinions may vary.

Your best bet is to just not use opioids daily at all. One thing that can riskily help is switching to different drugs. Instead of a kratom day take an adderall day or a beer day or something. Obviously this can backfire, but polydrug use has helped me avoid dependence a number of times... yet also created it's own problem in polyaddiction.

Despite no physical dependence, I can't skip days of using.
1. Use 1 day, don't use 1 day, use H again

1.Use 1 day, don't use 1 day, use Kratom 1 day, use H again
I notice that there is the "can't skip days" and then your option both include "don't use" on the second day....
Appears there is a dependence already if ya cannot skip a day but maybe I have misunderstood or there is a typo somewhere.
Personally I believe that kratom can replace almost anything or help one through the withdrawals of most any substance. It is more than an "opioid" in my experience but if abused may leave one into a deeper hole. If used as a tool to minimize cravings and use of substances; using it respectfully will be a great help in most any situation.
In my experience kratom cannot be replaced with anything available on (or off) the market... just a whole notha level of "medicine", imo/e. And very forgiving if not abused.
2pence

I notice that there is the "can't skip days" and then your option both include "don't use" on the second day....
Appears there is a dependence already if ya cannot skip a day but maybe I have misunderstood or there is a typo somewhere.
Personally I believe that kratom can replace almost anything or help one through the withdrawals of most any substance. It is more than an "opioid" in my experience but if abused may leave one into a deeper hole. If used as a tool to minimize cravings and use of substances; using it respectfully will be a great help in most any situation.
In my experience kratom cannot be replaced with anything available on (or off) the market... just a whole notha level of "medicine", imo/e. And very forgiving if not abused.
2pence
I meant to say that I am not physically dependent in the sense that I don't get chills, shivers, sweat, diarrhea etc

Emotionally I depend on it completely. My life is hell, and heroin makes it tolerable and even enjoyable. Idgaf about anyone or anything anyway, so idc if all my life revolves around heroin, I just don't want to get physically dependent so that it is easier for me to hide my use

I cna probably force myself to skip 1 day

If you continue using heroin you will slip into using everyday. It's only a matter of time. You can try alternating with kratom but it comes with a lot of downsides. Mainly, it won't feel as strong as the heroin and will require 2-4 doses throughout the day to starve off withdrawals (I know you aren't there yet). Taking kratom will also mean adding a lot of fiber to your diet. So you've now added a bulky plant material that will constipate you on top of an opioid habit that's also constipating you. That will only end badly. Even when you do shit kratom shits are like bricks if you're using plain leaf.

You aren't going to juggle your way around becoming dependent. You're already trying to rationalize using most of the week. You will rationalize using everyday. Not all at once of course. You'll talk yourself into cheating one day, then another, and soon you'll realize you've used so many days in a row that you might as well just keep going. The honeymoon will end.

We were all told like you're being told now. We all thought we knew better. None of us managed to use opioids and not fall into the trap. That's just how they are.

Here is the good news. I know heroin is helping you get through life but you should consider stopping now. Why? Because right now you're only mentally addicted to a short acting opioid. The heroin you're doing is likely some short acting fent analog. This means you will only need a few days for it to clear your system. Within a week or two you'll be back to how you were before trying it.

If you keep going and end up using everyday (you will) at some point you will start getting acute withdrawals. Once you get there you'll need an opioid to function without feeling and looking like you have the flu. At that point buying the heroin will start to become expensive and you'll start considering other options. It won't matter if it comes as a powder, pill, or plant material. You'll take any opioid you can to keep the withdrawals at bay. In time you'll start turning to longer acting things like bupe, raw opium and methadone.

Here is where the problem comes in. If you've gotten to the point where you've started using long acting opioids or short acting ones for months/years getting off is much harder. Acute withdrawals start becoming 3-4 day affairs for short acting opioids. Bupe and methadone are even longer (9 days from 10mg of methadone for me. It was hell). Then you have months of PAWS after that. It's really hard and most of us haven't managed to do it long term.

If you stop now you can avoid a lot of problems later. I know you probably won't. I didn't. But I thought it worth mentioning in case you're unsure. If you're absolutely sure you want to become a junkie all you have to do is keep using. I do not mean to offend. I would do opioids everyday to if I could afford it and I knew the source was good. Last time I looked it was going to cost me more than I earn a year to get high everyday.

yeah bro give it a go. ya may be able to stay off the h. killed my fuckin fiend a few years ago. i run out sometimes but keeping doses low has me just feel kinda "flat" for week or so no sickness when i do run out. just how i find it we all differrent, though, ya know?
i would recommend it for sure. at least try it. like insaid it is more than an opioid. many things going on there if ya got the real deal. for sure 10/10
best wishes
be safe
keep us posted i am curious how this turns out (the kratom project).
bless

never got the constipation with kratom that i read about. maybe keeping dose relatively low and eating. drinking water and moving. idk
actually i needed the fiber in my diet. no lie. i think it helps me in this regard.
tmi

sounds scary as fuck, and I sure as hell believe all the things you guys tell me, I can only do my best to stop using every day and use responsibly. let's hope this goes well...

If you are for short period in this shit quit immediately.Thats the best option.If not go to Kratom.Much safer and healthy alternative that others.If you can freely choose quality product