• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Slow Heart Rate after IV'ing Coke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomatoxflames

Bluelighter
ok, I dont post that often on here but this is something that is really bothering me and I am pretty sure that somebody on here will know the answer or at the very least be able to give out some insightful information
. The first time I IV'ed coke was yesterday (August 2,2008 ), and I did about 7-9 shots equaling abouthalf agram over a 4 hour period (9-11 pm US easten time) and ate 1mg of xanax around 12:30am to help avoid the crash.
I got some more today (1 gram) about I've done just under a gram between my brother and I. Now the first few shots (3-4) got my heart racing up to 130bpm (Im going to school to be a paramedic so I have a VERY good understanding of drugs, how theyre cut, what they are cut with, what to do in emergencies. I am a hypocrite I know, hate me for it, I dont care, but I will still save your life and let mine go to shit)
Well after putting about 0.2 grams into the syringe and shot up, instead of the rush I usually get, my heart rate actually [I[Slowed[I[ to 80bpm, my normal resting rate.
I also believe this coke was cut bad (70/30 mix; coke to cut).
Now is there something wrong with me or did I happen to just get a part of the blow that had more cut in it that rest of the bag.

Thanks for you time and knowledge Blue Lighter's; you have saved me from doing stupid things that could have resulted in my death if I hadnt checked up on here.

remember the experiment that some scientist did with dogs? They injected them with epinephrine. Over time the dog's bodies would release chemicals to calm the CNS.

Its your body calming itself down

I've shot lots of coke in my day, and I've never had that happen to me. I'm guessing what chompy said could be accurate, but I'm not 100% sure.

That sounds very strange, I've never experienced that and my coke is very speedy and most likely cut with ephederine or some other amphetamine. Makes my heart race everytime.

Did you get a bell ringer the first few times you've done it? Can you verify that there is at least some coke in it?

i think anyone is going to find it hard to pinpoint what exactly the cause of this is, it's all going to be speculation. i'll leave this open for a while to see if anyone can relate though.

remember the experiment that some scientist did with dogs? They injected them with epinephrine. Over time the dog's bodies would release chemicals to calm the CNS.

Its your body calming itself down

that's epinephrine, not cocaine. two different drugs that aren't necessarily going to have the same effect over the same period.

There is such a thing as rebound hypotension, but it happens after you stop. Did you notice a correlation between heart race and high? If so what you experience is short-term tolerance.

Also, if you don't prep your shots all at once, beware that coke may sometimes physically segregate from the cut if the grain size or the density is different. For example the cut is denser or of a smaller grain size ----> the cut gather at the bottom of the bag. When you dissolve and inject that what you've got is predominantly cut with very little coke.

Feeling Better

There is such a thing as rebound hypotension... the cut gather at the bottom of the bag. When you dissolve and inject that what you've got is predominantly cut with very little coke.

I dd not notice a difference between 'highness' and hear rate.
And I did not notice a ringing in my ears. quite possibly it was cut incredibly bad (40-45% coke, and apppx 50% cut)

Maybe it's the cut that slows it, in this case I would check heart rate and blood pressure before and after the injection and evalutate.
Just my 2 cents

Sounds to me like the person talking about all of the cut falling to the bottom of the bag may be right. Also, I highly doubt the product is even near 40% pure if you didn't get a bell-ringer from a 200mg shot! That is a large dose if you don't have much of a tolerance. Stay safe--with new, fresh gear :)--and have fun.

yeah .2 is enough to make me have a seizure. i would do .05g shots and get bell ringers.

I'm just curious, does the 4th bell ringer in a row(meaning 4th shot, if you're getting one every shot) start to get annoying? One to start off is fine but I'd think that after a few it would start to bug me..

ok, I dont post that often on here but this is something that is really bothering me and I am pretty sure that somebody on here will know the answer or at the very least be able to give out some insightful information
. The first time I IV'ed coke was yesterday (August 2,2008 ), and I did about 7-9 shots equaling abouthalf agram over a 4 hour period (9-11 pm US easten time) and ate 1mg of xanax around 12:30am to help avoid the crash.
I got some more today (1 gram) about I've done just under a gram between my brother and I. Now the first few shots (3-4) got my heart racing up to 130bpm (Im going to school to be a paramedic so I have a VERY good understanding of drugs, how theyre cut, what they are cut with, what to do in emergencies. I am a hypocrite I know, hate me for it, I dont care, but I will still save your life and let mine go to shit)
Well after putting about 0.2 grams into the syringe and shot up, instead of the rush I usually get, my heart rate actually [I[Slowed[I[ to 80bpm, my normal resting rate.
I also believe this coke was cut bad (70/30 mix; coke to cut).
Now is there something wrong with me or did I happen to just get a part of the blow that had more cut in it that rest of the bag.

Thanks for you time and knowledge Blue Lighter's; you have saved me from doing stupid things that could have resulted in my death if I hadn

I am currently iv'ing coke on a daily basis and it's the most horrible drug I've ever had experience with. Was clean 3 1/2 months then right back into it. Now I'm on a 36 hour coke binge and feeling like death is around the corner but I still can't stop doing shot after shot. My arms are scarred so bad I will never be able to wear a shirt sleeve t shirt in public, I'm broke 24/7 and hate myself for what I've created. My point is I'm begging you to stop now because of you continue you very well may end up like me and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I am not telling you what to do, nor am I trying to lecture. Just trying to save a life since I can't save myself

But to answer your question I frequently experience slow heart rate. Like the other fellow said it's your body calming itself because you are doing it more often

But to answer your question I frequently experience slow heart rate. Like the other fellow said it's your body calming itself because you are doing it more often

Please check dates before posting, this thread is from 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.