• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Slipping back into coke

Just an update for everyone who took the time to reply. I did slip up and bought a half gram but I’m in a much better mindset now and I’m hoping after this I’ll be able to get off the stuff again for longer this time. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to help me out

I did slip up and bought a half gram

Hi Monkeragon17-

That slip is over with,but now what about today and tomorrow? How will you make changes so those days are different? I have an idea about that: when you think about coke, instead, think Diet Coke, and put a visual of a Diet Coke soda can in your head. Do that every time "coke" enters your mind. Think of it as retraining your thinking. The other thing is keeping busy. Idle minds are setups for relapse.

Have you ever not wanted to go somewhere, then afterwards, you thought "that wasn't so bad, I had a good time?" Have you ever walked on the sand at the ocean and been in awe of the force of nature? Have you ever went to the city area just to watch all of life in progress? I like walking down alleys because there are all kinds of interesting things to see. Yesterday, I saw someone had built this huge tomato garden in their alley and it was quite a production. I like seeing all the old cars broken down in people's back yards. I'm old enough to remember when some of them were brand new (and worth far less when new). Maybe it's time for a brand new daily plan for you?

Do you have a dog? I have two, and one is so attached to me (and me to her) that she goes where I go (except in my car). Kitchen, bedroom - back yard - she just wants to be there. Dogs and people do learn to communicate on pretty good levels. Mine has come over and licked my arm nearly every day I've gone through withdrawals and felt sick. With dogs, that is her trying to take care of me. Maybe a dog would help you like mine do for me?

Sending you peace and strength,
Dale