• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Sleeping tablets ?

broken_beats

Greenlighter
I've always had trouble sleeping in the past. I've tried Stiltmox Cr 12.5mg, temazepam, nitrazepam, oxazepam and lorazepam. the benzos work for me. I've been on clozapine for schizophrenia for the last five years which was so sedating I had no use for sleeping tablets. I have been swapped to latuda recently which is interfering with my sleep. My psych isn't happy about me going down the benzo path long term for sleep again (I have been taking oxazepam again temporarily and also already take 2 Valium twice a day for anxiety)but is there any other sleeping tablets with less side effects than benzos?

Last edited:
Honestly I feel like I have less side effects from benzos than I did any sleeping pill.
Sleeping pills left me hungover and klonopin doesn't.

it all depends for what; and, pound for pound (and until one gets addicted), there really isn't?
perhaps pregabalin but that in itself has wd's so...
best look into sleep hygeine and routine

Seroquel is popular for sleep.
I didn't like it at all but a lot of people seem to, same with Trazedone.

Hi,

I use two benadryl dye free capsules. It is hard to find ones that are dye free. Walgreen's has them.

Scullcap, Passionflower, Valerian root, chamomile, lemon balm, rose hips, sleepy time tea, etc all work we'll.

The herbal medicines work pretty well.

This's coming from someone who has used plenty of Ambien, Temazepam and various benzodiazepines.

Some antipsychotic medications will help sleep, but you don't want those unless you need them.

The herbal medications are very powerful.

I second the Remeron suggestion, also trazadone works for some people

Listen to speed king. herbal medicine is best for sleep. Look into Chinese herbal medicine as that stuff has been developed over a long period of time. Cannabis is in there too...

Thank you for the replies. Unfortunately the herbal remedies haven't worked in the past. I have tried valerian root and chamomile tea, but will look into the other suggestions.

Broken Beats I almost forgot. Your mileage may vary.

There are plenty of sleep inducing substances. I wanted you to understand herbal ones have power. There are obiviously pharmaceutical drugs, but can be very addictive and be more of a last result.

Last edited:
Personally, I too have run the gauntlet of sleep meds and I have found that Melatonin works better than most of them with zero side effects. Can't hurt to try it and it's inexpensive to boot. Good luck!

have the z-drugs been mentioned already?
zopiclone or zolpidem are kind of like diazepam-light, and can build cross-tolerance with benzos so be careful.

how is you sleep schedule btw OP? do you have a regular bed time?

Yes I try to go to bed about 9-9.30 and have been getting 6-7hours sleep from the oxazepam so up between 3am and 4.

I've always had trouble sleeping in the past. I've tried Stiltmox Cr 12.5mg, temazepam, nitrazepam, oxazepam and lorazepam. the benzos work for me. I've been on clozapine for schizophrenia for the last five years which was so sedating I had no use for sleeping tablets. I have been swapped to latuda recently which is interfering with my sleep. My psych isn't happy about me going down the benzo path long term for sleep again (I have been taking oxazepam again temporarily and also already take 2 Valium twice a day for anxiety and tramadol for back pain)but is there any other sleeping tablets with less side effects than benzos?

Go see a doctor you should not be self medicating.