• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Sleeping pattern opposite way

NoComment

Greenlighter
I go to sleep at 7 in the morning wake up at two in the afternoon and do the same thing over and over no wonder I can’t hold a job down. Any tips on reversing this? It seems I can have a good routine for 3 days before it goes to shit again

probably not what u want to hear but u could get a job with hours that fit that schedule. How do drugs fit into this? I mean what kind of drugs are you doing. A couple years ago I was working grave yard shifts and doing a lot of coke so i was up all night anyways. Not gonna lie, it wasnt a healthy lifestyle but it worked for a bit. If you’re a night owl, there are plenty of jobs that have hours all night.

That sleep routine is probably going to wreak havoc on your body (and mind) in the medium/long term. Humans are supposed to sleep at night when the temperature is lower and there's no sunlight and wake up with the sunlight and rising temperatures, your circadian rythm should be somewhat synched to that.

You could try taking melatonin (~0.2 - 1mg) an hour or so before going to sleep. It will reset your circadian rythm, as long as you turn off the lights (so don't use your cellphone and don't look at a screen). In your case I would probably take melatonin at like 10pm, try to relax and go to bed before midnight, it can be hard because you're used to staying awake but just try it. It has worked for me in the past, it's also completely eliminates jet-lag if you do it properly.
By the way that won't work if you're high on stimulants or have drug-induced insomnia.

I was going to be an insensitive asshole and suggest sucking it up and forcing oneself back on to a regular sleep schedule but I decided to do some quick research into this. Apparently this is a known sleeping disorder due to a dsyregulation of circadian rhythm, people who suffer from it just can't seem to get on a normal sleep cycle like the rest of us but instead their bodies/mind want to sleep like the OP does. If they force a "normal" sleep schedule then they may feel off, like suffering from constant jet lag.

There doesn't seem to be a "cure" but there are ways to help manage the symptoms. Have you looked into this yet @NoComment ? There are some suggestions on ways to manage symptoms. this link is just a start, you'll probably want to dig further yourself including probably getting a professional (doctor) diagnosis: