Sleeping med help :(

I wish you the best of luck, and will watch this thread hoping for success. I have been an insomniac since the mid '90s and have not yet found a suitable solution that works every night. I have been through multiple sleep studies (the first few I did not sleep enough for them to collect any data) and have been prescribed everything imagineable. The only things that work for me are combinations that should not be combined, and even those combinations only work for a couple nights at a time. I have limited myself to Ambien, Clonazepam, Xanax and my Neurologist recently added Gabapentin (but not with Ambien, he says). I have been prescribed many other things that did not work at all, some were real stretches like Baclofen and Mirapex. I, like you, get into a mental state where I know I won't be able to sleep and will get a burst of energy in my brain when it is time to sleep. The only relief I have found is that recently I can fall asleep during the day if the conditions are right - I have never been able to do this before. I will only get 45 minutes or so, but it is a start.

The thing to keep in mind is how many people die trying to find that elusive combination that will give sleep, and obviously once you are medicated and not sleeping your judgement is clouded - so the logical thing to do is take more, or add something else to the mix.

My neurologist is currently trying to get me away from the benzo's and ambien - but after almost 20 years, even this poor solution that sometimes works and always leaves me mentally slow, is the best I've got. My neurologist doesn't know how much I am supplementing what he prescribes, he is already wary of my condition.

So I hope you find something that works that will give the rest of us something else to try.

Well I want to stop medicating with dope so does anyone have any experience with etizolam, diclzepam or flubromazepam?

Well I want to stop medicating with dope so does anyone have any experience with etizolam, diclzepam or flubromazepam?

Do you think that, perhaps, the use of these drugs might be an alternative method of self-medication? I only ask because my experience with the three only served to replace my prior heroin addiction, and I am currently still in Post-Acute Withdrawal from benzos after quite some time being abstinent from them.

Food for thought :)

~ Vaya

Do you think that, perhaps, the use of these drugs might be an alternative method of self-medication? I only ask because my experience with the three only served to replace my prior heroin addiction, and I am currently still in Post-Acute Withdrawal from benzos after quite some time being abstinent from them.

Food for thought :)

~ Vaya

Absolutely I think it's the same thing. But I've been on and off benzo's for the last 7 years and at one point was taking 12-14mg of clonazepam per day and detoxed from that cold turkey. I can handle a benzo addiction much better than one to down. Not to mention down is illegal and not going to be a pure chemical as it will have cut in it. It's really just the lesser of two evils.