• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sleep Medication advice.

Karbon1991

Bluelighter
Hi. Recently my sleep has been awful. A couple hours a night if I'm lucky. With 3.25 of zopiclone maybe 4-5 hours. If I take 7.5mg of zopiclone I don't get much more around 6 hours. I generally need about 10 hours sleep to get through the day without feeling tired through the day. I know the recommended amount of sleep is 7-8 hours but it never feels enough for me. I know overdosing on any medication isn't adviced. But for the sake of my sanity. I need to get a good nights sleep. Even of its just for a night or so. Does anyone think taking 10.75mg of zopiclone will give me the amount of sleep is like to have? What other good sleeping medications could use instead? Maybe something stronger than zopiclone ? I don't know of any other sleep meds myself. Other than maybe diazepam. Which is good for me but I find it extremely moreish so I'd use it sparingly. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

You should try sodium channel antagonists like oxcarbazepine or depakote for a longer term solution. Tolerance will be quickly gained to other drugs, then you will have to withdraw. Risperidone is also a good drug to try that works better long term. Clonidine is very safe and would be the very first medication I tried, it just shuts down your adrenaline.

Thank you I'll look into that. I just realised I typed the strengths wrong. I meant 3.75mg, 7.5mg and 11.25mg. Do any of these have a lasting effect into the next day where I may feel drowsy atall?

I've tried every sleep med and then some; the one thing that truly works for me is Seroquel. it helps A LOT compared to all the big brand name type shit. as well as all the other BS, like trazadone, melatonin (complete joke to anyone w/ an actual problem), ambien, lunesta, sonata, doxepine, etc. all NEVER WORKED! the ambien was quite the TRIP at times; I used it more as a casual drug some nights than an actual sleep aid. it also caused me some problems because one night I RE-PARKED my car and I dont remember a thing and hit a curb.

benzos work for me but NEVER A GOOD THING FOR ANYONE! also, sometimes it may ware off and it no longer helps w/ the sleep, or so I've read/heard. however, for me it always helped but seroquel works just as good for me and is no addictive, so I use this over anything else; I am scripted xanax but still only use the seroquel. unless, of course, there are those nights where I am FUCKED and just cannot sleep and need to ASAP - then a MIX comes into play; I do not condone this mix but it works and I am still alive.

like I said, TRY SEROQUEL - 100MG is good for me but I have a KILLER HABIT w/ ALL DRUGS; so 25MG may be good for you. just see what your Dr. has to say when requesting. also, do not be scared to request the seroquel, it does not look bad. you know, some drugs just make it seem bad when asking but this is not one of those. however, any benzo typically is one that makes a Dr. think twice. but as I said, give this a go. for the first week you may have trouble WAKING UP and feel groggy but that wears off quick and the seroquel has been working great for me for years.

this coming from an ex raging heroin addict but still believe in the seroquel for sleep.

You should try sodium channel antagonists like oxcarbazepine or depakote for a longer term solution. Tolerance will be quickly gained to other drugs, then you will have to withdraw. Risperidone is also a good drug to try that works better long term. Clonidine is very safe and would be the very first medication I tried, it just shuts down your adrenaline.
not all have withdrawal; as I mentioned, seroquel has worked wonders for me and there is no withdrawal. I have used it for years now - and many other drugs - and still do not use it nightly but at one point used it nightly for months and months and never a withdrawal whatsoever. I know there are some drugs out there they say NO WITHDRAWAL but yet there is a withdrawal, like gabapentin being one of those - refuse that, always. but seroquel is great for sleep and worked just as good, if not better, as any benzo in its early stages (before they stop working after taking so long and pick up a benzo habit).

Just a thought here, but have you done any research into a new med called Belsomra? It seems like a pretty interesting take on an age old problem of insomnia. Instead of acting on GABA receptors like the "z-meds" such as zopiclone, it works by inhibiting Orexin. Orexin is a neurotransmitter that influences wakefulness. It's too early to have a general consensus on this particular type of medication but it may be worth a shot to look into in your situation. The Wikipedia article is pretty informative on it so I'll attach it in case you want to look over it. Sweet dreams! ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suvorexant?wprov=sfla1

I might give Lunesta a try. I feel your pain. I have chronic insomnia problems, when I don't get a decent night's sleep I am a zombie.

Loads of really good advice here thank you. Was plugging a serious suggestion? Because that's not really in my interests haha.

If it ever gets serious a sodium channel antagonist like oxcarbazepine is worth a try. But belsomra and Clonidine would be two to try before that. Risperidone is another option.

I think lofexidine is the Clonidine of the U.K. - it's a very good medication. It will shut down your adrenaline and increase your slow wave sleep. I highly recommend it.