• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Skin having an 'orange tint' when on high doses?

SilentRoller

Bluelighter
Greetings all,
I know the title of this thread may seem somewhat concerning to you all, but I have been pondering over this question for a while.

In the past when I (and many of my associates) have perhaps taken slightly more MDMA than we should have (4-500mg, - this only happened twice), I remember looking in the mirror towards the end of the experience, and seeing that parts of my skin had a slightly orange tinge. At first I thought I was tripping, as I often get some pretty crazy visuals towards the comedown phase, but now I'm not so sure. I also obvserved a friend of mine on about 400mg of MDMA, and her commenting at the same time that parts of her face also had an orange glow.

Puzzled, I asked around a fair few of my MDMA taking buddies, and they all reported the same thing after being on heroic MDMA dosages/binges (one lad said he looked like a can of tango after being on pills for 4 days straight at a festival - Not good!). The theroies for this ranged from lack of nutrients to liver damage (although I thought I read somewhere that MDMA was non-toxic to the liver). No-one reported any symptoms alongside the 'orange skin' either.....

Thankfully the days of heroic pill boshing are gone (thanks Folley for showing me the light! :D), and I'm now very conscious of dosage and breaks. However, could anyone provide any information or experienes they may have about this strange skin tinge 8)

Cheers

SR

Like, sort of like a tan??

I know what you mean, someone mentioned once though it was probally all the dried sweat we had all over us, who the fuck knows though

"Experiments exposing liver cells to MDMA, even at levels that would represent a fatal overdose in humans, do not show significant toxicity"

(Source -Beitia G, Cobreros A, Sainz L, Cenarruzabeitia E "MDMA (ecstasy)-induced hepatoxicity; effect on cytosolic calcium signals in isolated hepatocytes", Liver 1999; 19(3):234-41).

I'm aware that temperature/heatstroke in combination with MDMA could result in muscle breakdown, leading to rhabdomyolysis. The toxins from such could then induce liver-damage.

However, in this instance, I'm talking about a dose of MDMA on its own when your not over-heating etc.

Are you awake for several days at a time on the meth binge?

Not sleeping and a depletion of dopamine results in the world in different colors, it's at it's peak of depletion when everything is a yellow hue but orange :s

When I used to do a weekend bend colors would seem a little different, (then again everything seemed different hahahaha) but not to the point where you have described it...

WDIT: was it just you that could see the orange glow? as in was your friends face actually orange or were you tripping balls?

Please advise accordingly in an appropriate manner most urgently my good man. Hahahahaha.

Last edited:
was it just you that could see the orange glow? as in was your friends face actually orange or were you tripping balls?

My friend also intendified herself that her skin looked orange. Problem is that we were both absolutely mangled on MDMA (this is some time ago), so I can't really tell if we were both tripping our face off, or if this was actually true. I'm starting to think there is some truth in the orange skin phenomemon as sober on-lookers have also reported this too. Any ideas?

I too experience this on MDMA... Possibly toxins/liver being pushed, its kinda like mild jaundice

^^^ This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Do you find it only seems to happen when you do some stupid amount though? The only time I have ever had this happen is when I stupidly did 400mg+.

^^^ This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Do you find it only seems to happen when you do some stupid amount though? The only time I have ever had this happen is when I stupidly did 400mg+.

If your worried about the liver start taking milk thistle, has seemed to do good for mine.

Jaundice?! I know that it didn't get that extreme (as in your fine now and weren't hospitalized) but googness gracious that sounds so crazy!!

You hear of people going pale or very red from their bodies being overworked like dancing and that but yellow or orange wow I will be definitely sticking to small amounts to avoid looking like this!

Nah not like full blown jaundice lol, whenver I roll and redose atleast like a few hours in I would look in the mirror and notice a slight yellow tint on skin and eyes, it does go away with sleep and after rolling etc, I have read a few other people experience this, probably more do but they never think anything of it or even notice it, my best guess is your body is in a state of being pushed really hard on MDMA and possibly other stimulants combined with dancing etc and the fact that MDMA releases vasopressin so your retaining fluid means your body has an even harder time expelling whatever excess toxins are present.

I usually get paler in tone when on MDMA.

I look like a snowflake either way though.

I'm gonna imagine it is probably liver related.

before milk thistle or anything like that, if that was me i wouldnt keep taking loads of mdma like that, id get my tolerance down so i can enjoy smaller doses.

What about when you drink or do you drink does that bring on onset of colours?
lastly you sure it aint just glow stick liquid on your face or smudged facepaint or stuff like that?

if that was me id be cautious about taking mdma

So I know this is from a while back but I just came across this and really wanted to comment. I used to always think that I looked orangish yellowish too when I would be up all night or for days on end doing molly, that is what we call it in the US or MDMA. What I came to conclude though is for the people who thought their skin was orange, I think you really were just rolling really hard that it just appeared that way! It wasn't just my face that would look that color. It would be EVERYTHING. Walls, the bathtub, even outside at night, the sky would appear orangey yellowy. Hahaha I am just saying, I think its part of the trip to seem that way. I had various people tell me everything looked orange or yellow too. But they never suspected it was just their own body. They knew it was just everything that appeared to look that color/tint. I would be so high off molly that when I would be sitting there smoking a cigarette with my man, the smoke would be yellow and his face and entire body would look so orange/yellow too. I'm telling you I think it is just your trip causing that affect, not that you are having liver problems.

I've never noticed this on MDMA but psychedelics can definately tint my skin a yellow/orange/greenish (basically the same color as jaundiced skin) color but then again that may just be me tripping which is likely the case. OP jus ask someone who is sober to check you out next time you roll.

Can milk thistle be taken the day of MDMA, or does it interact badly? I'm rolling in 6 days :)

Ah right! Only because I read this:
Indeed, in recent experiments using milk thistle and human liver cells, the researchers found that relatively small concentrations of milk thistle did significantly slow down the activity of the liver enzyme CYP3A4 by 50% to 100%.

Anyone got any input on this? I was originally thinking about taking some milk thistle the morning of the roll to help protect my liver during the experience. However, If the above is true, could it infact be putting more strain on the liver?