• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Sketch of drug use in different countries...

Antiprosynthesis

Bluelighter
I want to give a sketch of drug use trough a period of time in the countries i most of the time lived in and try to explain a bit about which drugs were popular in which scènes and with which crowd and how this changed over time, and i hope other ppl want to do the same about their countries as i Am quite interested in the drug culture around the world...

Im going to limit myself in time to what i myself actually experienced, i know some stuff about this about the past in my country, but im not going to include this, mostly because I fear that some information i would give about this could be incorrect OR inclompte OR so...

So im going to start in the early 90s when i was a Young teen and started my drug use, i started with beer, this was very normal to me as my hometown has a world famous Abby where one of the best Beers of the world is brewed,.so naturally ppl living there would drink this beer often and they would buy directly from the monks a large amounts of beer and also the cheese they made, and i lived in a place with a big yard and Neighbours and Friends, also my Friends, came in via the back door without knocking and it was custom everybody got a beer and some cheese and we would simply dit, talk and enjoy... And already from a very Young age IT became custom also for me and my Friends but i didn't drink much, only now and then and only one beer and almost never got drink, only on special anual occasions like town events...

Then came the first drug i really abused, weed, IT seemed to be everywhere, kids smoked IT before school, during the break, after school and on hangouts in our free time, for me and my Friends this was the most natural and normal thing Ans i think none of us had a doubt in our mind we would engage in this, very soon i smoked joints every day all day, and so did all of my Friends...

The ppl that smoked weed were very normal ppl and not in any way showed problematic behaviour OR such things and life was really good and IT was about to get even much better...

A few years later, i think i was 15 and it was in about the mid 90s, i Read An article in a magazine for teens about the ultimate drug of that time over here, xtc... I Read about the euphoria in Both mind and body and the party culture that surrounded this drug and being able to dance all night long and this from the start fascinated me and i Just had to try this out...

I also recently discovered techno which at that time started to get really popular over here and we had a real rave culture with lots of dark, underground parties and mass dance events,...

So i talked to my Friends and we went to a club and got to know some real cool ppl there that where about the same age, lived nearby and we turned out as real close Friends for many yrs, but most important, they had a lot of xtc, Mitsubishi pills, this is the first pill i tool and i never had Any better pill, and we had from that moment on a steady supply of these pills And that was everything I needed...

Early 2000 the quality of xtc had dropped, It was harder to get and many ppl that didn't already switched to amps now turned to coke, which to me seemed to come quite suddenly came out of nowhere but rapidly took over the drug market and was booming business, for me and my Friends this was cometely new but we Just had to try IT out, and IT was great, IT was top quality and was delivered with good service...

Actually coke is for ppl of my generation often still the drug of choice still today and stays in general very popular over here... After some years into this coke era there suddenly apeared something like mdma crystals, and in a way this gave a revival to mdma as we forget about the low quality xtc pills at the end and focused on this crystals since they were supposed to be very pure and strong...

I actually didn't like IT much and didn't.use IT often but IT became quite popular with kids a bit younger than me, but not by far as popular as xtc was in the 90s...

A few years later these younger kids in the party culture of their generation went crazy over ketamine, i joined and did quite some ketamine but IT was not really the drug i was looking for and quit using IT, with these kids however IT was more popular than the mdma crystals had been...

A few years later IT seemed everyone from my age seemed to be getting into psychedelics and i started out using lots of shrooms and LSD, later on i experimented on with things like DMT but that was almost not done over here, It was almost impossible to get rather locally and never really gained Any popularity over here, however IT started to get popular to do ayahuasca for spiritual and medicinal reasons and this was the start of mainstream travel to South America to do ayahuasca with shamans...

Things like Meth OR fent are almost none existing over here, also heroin is for.a.minority of ppl and mostly is limited to homeless ppl and to score IT you Just had to do it on the street...

Also drugs like Kratom OR opioids never got really popular in belgium, but boomed in NL and i believe up until now the things i said are mostly the same for NL and belgium And im now going to make The switch from belgium to NL and i know little about what from then on happened in belgium but from now on NL developed a hype that didn't happen in belgium And also a difference was that speed stayed quite a lot more popular in NL and was here much easyer to Get, cheaper and wAy better quality...

In NL rc's became the most popular drugs ever and this continues today...

This is how i remember the drug culture in my countries...

Noname, Mitsubishi 75, Mitsubishi 125, Volkswagen, Sun, Star, Pentagram...90s, when pills still had gread MDxx composition ❤️❤️❤️

I wanted to add something, i did not give a report of my drug use, i did a lot more drugs, but i wanted to make a report of the drugs that had the biggest impact on culture and about the things that were most popular among the largest group of users...

This is in a way very limited since there were not only in my life being a lot more drugs, but for many ppl and also groups of ppl that make up subculters of many ppl using different and specific drugs...

However, i feel like i covered the most important drugs and hypes and i feel i succeeded at least to some extent to Paint a picture about how drugs evolved over here and i tried to share a little bit about which ppl used these drugs and in which context...

Im surprised this topic generaties virtually no response as i find these things so interesting that im really looking forward to someone sharing the same information about their own country and i would very much like to compare possible differences OR things that are similar, also because I Find this so interesting that i Am not able to understand that this topic not seem.to generate any real interest in any of you...

Croatia 90s, war time. Country full of purest drugs ever before and since , especially heroin and amphetamine for the army. Also with the war raging as Yugoslavia broke appart ot was a free market for illegal activities. Focus was on the war. I lived in a part of the country where there was no active fighting. Like someone living in Kiev (Ukraine) today.

First experience were alcohol and cigarettes in ekementary school. First time I got drunk was 12 and it was vodka flavored with somme berries like fruit. Cant stand thinking about it even today as I drank too much and puked my being out. Started smoking regularly at about that age 12-13.

I was 14 when I took my first XTC. It was at trance party my older friend from high school (no pun int.) invited me on . He was a small dealer and a regular heroin user. First party Noname, second party Mitsubishi 125...that Mitsubishi made me fell in love with XTC. To this day I believe that it contained some morphine in the press but it could just be that it was pure, high dose and me a birtual virgin. Back then sped contained 60-70% of amphetamine sulphate and you could OD from 3 lines of coke (.1 per line). This went for 5-6 years and most people I knew trabsitioned to dope. At that time my town looked like scenes from North America today. I drank Bavaria 8.6 and smoked weed every day instead. After 5-6 years of heavy drug use I lost most friends due to heroin OD and had stimulant psychosis. It was game over after that. Mixed feelings about that whole period...

1993 - 1995 West coast of Canada (British Columbia). Beer. I’m a teenager. We go camping as we have a giant forest near our main pacific city of Vancouver. Sometimes a kid brings vodka (and gets sick). Girls bring fruity coolers and get flirty. I should have had way more sex in this time, but was chill.

England 1996 - 1999: I’m in college. I actually miss the entire XTC scene exploding all around me as I’m focused on this new PC / Internet Revolution. I got amazing grades.

1999 to 2019: Moved back to Vancouver, BC. First night back home I hear how Coke is everywhere. I avoid it by getting into charity work (9/11 was a big deal too). Yet, in 2004 I start drinking again, and I get into Coke sometimes at the many strip clubs here. Very fun times. Them by 2012 strip clubs start closing down here (so less Coke for me) and meth/amp hit the streets. Very cheap, very pure. I learn how to party on meth/amp (that we call side). I learn to stop after being awake 24 hours, get rejuvenated rehydrated. I see how Heroin (we call it “Down”) takes away a users sex drive. I try it a few times, but stop and go back to side.

Pandemic: meth/amp/side is so cheap and easy to get. On long weekends during the lockdown I use it to enhance my sexy time with my wife of 4 years. She’s doesn’t know I use it, but is amazed at my stamina and desire for her. Trying to slow down this summer and go back to camping on long weekends now pandemic is over, but will probably use it around her when camping. Could be very sexy time.

Croatia 90s, war time. Country full of purest drugs ever before and since , especially heroin and amphetamine for the army. Also with the war raging as Yugoslavia broke appart ot was a free market for illegal activities. Focus was on the war. I lived in a part of the country where there was no active fighting. Like someone living in Kiev (Ukraine) today.

First experience were alcohol and cigarettes in ekementary school. First time I got drunk was 12 and it was vodka flavored with somme berries like fruit. Cant stand thinking about it even today as I drank too much and puked my being out. Started smoking regularly at about that age 12-13.

I was 14 when I took my first XTC. It was at trance party my older friend from high school (no pun int.) invited me on . He was a small dealer and a regular heroin user. First party Noname, second party Mitsubishi 125...that Mitsubishi made me fell in love with XTC. To this day I believe that it contained some morphine in the press but it could just be that it was pure, high dose and me a birtual virgin. Back then sped contained 60-70% of amphetamine sulphate and you could OD from 3 lines of coke (.1 per line). This went for 5-6 years and most people I knew trabsitioned to dope. At that time my town looked like scenes from North America today. I drank Bavaria 8.6 and smoked weed every day instead. After 5-6 years of heavy drug use I lost most friends due to heroin OD and had stimulant psychosis. It was game over after that. Mixed feelings about that whole period...

Thank you for your reply, i see some similarities, starting out with alcohol, soon followed by xtc also at a party...

A difference would be that you had lots of Friends doing heroin and many died of An od... I knew a few ppl that did heroin but these were not in any way Friends, i had only one friend who used heroin and he only did IT a few times, however he Also died from An od at age 27 from a combo of heroin, benzo's, alcohol and weed... This was a suïcide, hè often expressed his suicidal tendencies and also his wish to belong to the 27 club and he.succeeded in this, the wish to belong to this club was I suppose important to him since he obviously was dead serious about killing himself but that hè was able to have such patience to Just wait doing so until je finally teached the age of 27, in a way i find this An interesting fact and personality aspect...

So you’ve been “clean” since the 1990s?
Nope. That was game over with such pure drugs that I could get. Had my opioid phase (maybe will have it now till end of life due to chronic pain...), but dropped stimulants almost all together. Maybe odd cocaine session few times a year with friends. And yes, psylo mashrooms dosed 5-10 grams 2-4 times a year. I had a phase for a 3 years when after being sober for almost a decade I tried to replicate first episode but I just didn't have sources of such good drugs.

P.S. I never ordered from dark web cause I know if I get my hands on crystal that it is game over for tweaker I am in my soul. I have too much to lose now...

1993 - 1995 West coast of Canada (British Columbia). Beer. I’m a teenager. We go camping as we have a giant forest near our main pacific city of Vancouver. Sometimes a kid brings vodka (and gets sick). Girls bring fruity coolers and get flirty. I should have had way more sex in this time, but was chill.

England 1996 - 1999: I’m in college. I actually miss the entire XTC scene exploding all around me as I’m focused on this new PC / Internet Revolution. I got amazing grades.

1999 to 2019: Moved back to Vancouver, BC. First night back home I hear how Coke is everywhere. I avoid it by getting into charity work (9/11 was a big deal too). Yet, in 2004 I start drinking again, and I get into Coke sometimes at the many strip clubs here. Very fun times. Them by 2012 strip clubs start closing down here (so less Coke for me) and meth/amp hit the streets. Very cheap, very pure. I learn how to party on meth/amp (that we call side). I learn to stop after being awake 24 hours, get rejuvenated rehydrated. I see how Heroin (we call it “Down”) takes away a users sex drive. I try it a few times, but stop and go back to side.

Pandemic: meth/amp/side is so cheap and easy to get. On long weekends during the lockdown I use it to enhance my sexy time with my wife of 4 years. She’s doesn’t know I use it, but is amazed at my stamina and desire for her. Trying to slow down this summer and go back to camping on long weekends now pandemic is over, but will probably use it around her when camping. Could be very sexy time.
Thank you for reply, i enjoyed IT, however if im able to im going to reply to what you say a little bit later since by now i AM tweaking for such a long time non stop on my phone suffering sleep deprivation that i start to experience symptoms that i would describe as overstimulation and i feel that if i keep tweaking this Eventually Will lead to even more and more negative side effects, so i think its a good idea to put away my phone at least for a little while and Just try to relax a bit - im not sure im going to succeed in this, but at i feel i should at least try...

Okay, i finally cirkeled back here to reply on what you said, IT didnt really work out to put away my phone and relax, i kept going on here but i got stuck in posting in other treads, i suspect i suffer some Mania which gives me little control over myself...

There seem to be some similarities between Both my drug culture As well as the drug culture of the other Reply i got...

It started out with alcohol,.you skipped the Weed but An xtc era followed, you Just didn't engage in IT, another similarity is that you then switched to coke...

A difference is over there ppl went on with Meth, this is virtually non existing here, i actually used to smoke some Meth, but quit doing so already many yes ago and i dont feel like doing this again ever...

I could not score this localy And I myself AM the only person I know over here that actually used meth, i never came into contact with Anything even remotely related to Meth over here and i also never encountered anyone over here that had any interest in ever trying out Meth...

IT was maybe once OR twice reporters on the news they busted a Meth lab ook over here but these are probably about the only rare exceptions. In a small subculture over here Meth had some popularity and this was in the gay scene, but in the past they mostly used IT in pill form, after that i didn't really came across Any other information regarding this so i dont know whats up with the gay scene and Meth over here...

Another difference your drug culture seems to stop with Meth...

Is there Any RC culture where you live?

I want to give a sketch of drug use trough a period of time in the countries i most of the time lived in and try to explain a bit about which drugs were popular in which scènes and with which crowd and how this changed over time, and i hope other ppl want to do the same about their countries as i Am quite interested in the drug culture around the world...

Im going to limit myself in time to what i myself actually experienced, i know some stuff about this about the past in my country, but im not going to include this, mostly because I fear that some information i would give about this could be incorrect OR inclompte OR so...

So im going to start in the early 90s when i was a Young teen and started my drug use, i started with beer, this was very normal to me as my hometown has a world famous Abby where one of the best Beers of the world is brewed,.so naturally ppl living there would drink this beer often and they would buy directly from the monks a large amounts of beer and also the cheese they made, and i lived in a place with a big yard and Neighbours and Friends, also my Friends, came in via the back door without knocking and it was custom everybody got a beer and some cheese and we would simply dit, talk and enjoy... And already from a very Young age IT became custom also for me and my Friends but i didn't drink much, only now and then and only one beer and almost never got drink, only on special anual occasions like town events...

Then came the first drug i really abused, weed, IT seemed to be everywhere, kids smoked IT before school, during the break, after school and on hangouts in our free time, for me and my Friends this was the most natural and normal thing Ans i think none of us had a doubt in our mind we would engage in this, very soon i smoked joints every day all day, and so did all of my Friends...

The ppl that smoked weed were very normal ppl and not in any way showed problematic behaviour OR such things and life was really good and IT was about to get even much better...

A few years later, i think i was 15 and it was in about the mid 90s, i Read An article in a magazine for teens about the ultimate drug of that time over here, xtc... I Read about the euphoria in Both mind and body and the party culture that surrounded this drug and being able to dance all night long and this from the start fascinated me and i Just had to try this out...

I also recently discovered techno which at that time started to get really popular over here and we had a real rave culture with lots of dark, underground parties and mass dance events,...

So i talked to my Friends and we went to a club and got to know some real cool ppl there that where about the same age, lived nearby and we turned out as real close Friends for many yrs, but most important, they had a lot of xtc, Mitsubishi pills, this is the first pill i tool and i never had Any better pill, and we had from that moment on a steady supply of these pills And that was everything I needed...

Early 2000 the quality of xtc had dropped, It was harder to get and many ppl that didn't already switched to amps now turned to coke, which to me seemed to come quite suddenly came out of nowhere but rapidly took over the drug market and was booming business, for me and my Friends this was cometely new but we Just had to try IT out, and IT was great, IT was top quality and was delivered with good service...

Actually coke is for ppl of my generation often still the drug of choice still today and stays in general very popular over here... After some years into this coke era there suddenly apeared something like mdma crystals, and in a way this gave a revival to mdma as we forget about the low quality xtc pills at the end and focused on this crystals since they were supposed to be very pure and strong...

I actually didn't like IT much and didn't.use IT often but IT became quite popular with kids a bit younger than me, but not by far as popular as xtc was in the 90s...

A few years later these younger kids in the party culture of their generation went crazy over ketamine, i joined and did quite some ketamine but IT was not really the drug i was looking for and quit using IT, with these kids however IT was more popular than the mdma crystals had been...

A few years later IT seemed everyone from my age seemed to be getting into psychedelics and i started out using lots of shrooms and LSD, later on i experimented on with things like DMT but that was almost not done over here, It was almost impossible to get rather locally and never really gained Any popularity over here, however IT started to get popular to do ayahuasca for spiritual and medicinal reasons and this was the start of mainstream travel to South America to do ayahuasca with shamans...

Things like Meth OR fent are almost none existing over here, also heroin is for.a.minority of ppl and mostly is limited to homeless ppl and to score IT you Just had to do it on the street...

Also drugs like Kratom OR opioids never got really popular in belgium, but boomed in NL and i believe up until now the things i said are mostly the same for NL and belgium And im now going to make The switch from belgium to NL and i know little about what from then on happened in belgium but from now on NL developed a hype that didn't happen in belgium And also a difference was that speed stayed quite a lot more popular in NL and was here much easyer to Get, cheaper and wAy better quality...

In NL rc's became the most popular drugs ever and this continues today...

This is how i remember the drug culture in my countries...

I'm guessing from that post you've got access to some good speed? ;)

Westmalle?

I'm guessing from that post you've got access to some good speed? ;)
Yes Westmalle, how do you know this? Do you suspect to know who I AM? Westmalle Tripel is by far my favorite, i can enjoy a Westmalle dubbel now and then to some degree but i mostly favor blonde Beers over dark ones, and tripel is blonde and dubbel is dark, i also like that tripel contains even a bit more alcohol than dubbel, but the difference is small...

Yes, i have really exceptional quality and this for a very cheap price and i get 0,6, per g, bag included... The speed is lab tested 69% Levo dextro amphetine and i know from my dealer that IT contains only one cut and its not caffeine but a harmless and not.psychoactive substance, she told me which one but i really cant remember atm...

And i fully trust the information my dealer gives me as she already is for many years one of my closest Friends and we spent a lot of time together on almost a daily bases also without drugs of anything drug related, she also is about my only dealer and she can get her hands real fast on about everything, usually always high quality stuff for cheap prices and always correct amounts...

For a user like me this is simply the perfect source and this is even a more intense feeling if you factor in that we really like each other a lot, connect very well and i completely trust her, for as far as Any human being can be trusted of course...

She is already almost her entire life a hardcore speed addict and up until some years ago she was really deep involved in the hardcore speed scene, where she got many perfect sources, this stuff she gets directly from the manufacturer and they know each other quite well, so i Am also capable to have reasonable trust in the fact that hè is also very correct towards her....

PS what about that specific post you quotes from me made you suspect i was on good speed?

Yes Westmalle, how do you know this? Do you suspect to know who I AM? Westmalle Tripel is by far my favorite, i can enjoy a Westmalle dubbel now and then to some degree but i mostly favor blonde Beers over dark ones, and tripel is blonde and dubbel is dark, i also like that tripel contains even a bit more alcohol than dubbel, but the difference is small...

Yes, i have really exceptional quality and this for a very cheap price and i get 0,6, per g, bag included... The speed is lab tested 69% Levo dextro amphetine and i know from my dealer that IT contains only one cut and its not caffeine but a harmless and not.psychoactive substance, she told me which one but i really cant remember atm...

And i fully trust the information my dealer gives me as she already is for many years one of my closest Friends and we spent a lot of time together on almost a daily bases also without drugs of anything drug related, she also is about my only dealer and she can get her hands real fast on about everything, usually always high quality stuff for cheap prices and always correct amounts...

For a user like me this is simply the perfect source and this is even a more intense feeling if you factor in that we really like each other a lot, connect very well and i completely trust her, for as far as Any human being can be trusted of course...

She is already almost her entire life a hardcore speed addict and up until some years ago she was really deep involved in the hardcore speed scene, where she got many perfect sources, this stuff she gets directly from the manufacturer and they know each other quite well, so i Am also capable to have reasonable trust in the fact that hè is also very correct towards her....

PS what about that specific post you quotes from me made you suspect i was on good speed?

I just know a few bits and bobs about stuff ;)

There ain't that many abbey beers about let alone world famous...bar that one.
If i can believe this i would say well deducted, but i have a bit difficulty with to the full extent believe this is true as i suppose mostly due to this that the speed fuels some paranoia, but ill Just assume my suspicion otiginates from this distant Whistler of speed fueled paranoia and let it go and accept the premisse that you tell the truth and that you have got not Any idea about who I could possibly be, i suspect i can let go of this mild impulse of paranoia since i AM by nature not that prone to paranoia, but by now i suffer severe sleep deprivation, i AM not really sure because my memory fails me atm and i have no notion of Time whatsoever, but if im not mistaken i believe i AM non stop binging and tweaking non stop already since monday somewhere in the afternoon and the consequences this brings about are quite more severe than when i was Young...

On moments like this i suffer sometimes short moments of very mild paranoia the last couple of yes, but this something i AM able to cope with rather well...

Where might you be from, you speak Either dutch or flemish and i suspect flemish, i AM really curious now, so please dont leave me hanging, if you havent got Any serious objection with sharing this information for some rather dark reason i would suppose...

And also, what are you on atm?

Last edited:
Suppose IT could still be dutch, the get you start with trows me a bit off balance As i dont know this word which suggests to me that IT is possible this is a typo, if not I suspect its dutch... Also the use of manneke is confusing to me as to me this could very well be Both flemish as dutch...

A difference is over there ppl went on with Meth, this is virtually non existing here, i actually used to smoke some Meth, but quit doing so already many yes ago and i dont feel like doing this again ever...
Have you ever seen “Breaking Bad”? It’s like that in North America. Crystal/Side/Meth everywhere. Pure and cheap, but not as good as when ephedrine was available.

The gay scene in London & Berlin seems to have a lot of “Party and Play” meth. Also the Czech Republic.

You’re right, the global, GenX trend of Beer —> Weed —> MDMA —> Coke —> Meth was a global phenomenon. I personally think those that kept partying this way, hard, had to use Heroin just to level off.

How was your trip? What have your taken?