• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Sizzurp: What is it and why are so many celebrities getting hooked on it?

The reason you get the "i'm better vibe" is because in the US, most codeine is adultered, and the people taking it in the context of "purple drank" or "lean" don't get high from the codine. They drink ~100mg (that's on the high side, no pun intended), feel more effects from the promethazine (the adulterant that produces effects in lower doses), and then act like they're the coolest, hardest people in the world for messing around with primarily antihistamine drugs.

I don't do opiate, nor do I plan on it. But if you wanna convey a "hard drug user" image, heroin fits more than a low dose codeine and antihistamine combo.

Yeah, I didn't care to check or ask what concentration that syrup has. 6.25mg promethazine/10mg codeine for a teaspoon doesn't really sound like you could get seriously addicted to it without side effects from an antihistamine/anticholinergic. 62.5mg promethazine/100mg codeine would probably be around the highest dose of promethazine you could take without feeling much side effects. There is a synergy though, so I can imagine it's still enough for an opioid-naive person to get to like it and feel an urge to repeat the experience. If there was more promethazine per 10mg of codeine, much less people would have got addicted, I guess.

What's more weird to me is who has really created such a syrup? Codeine with promethazine is like pentazocine with tripelennamine.

lean is what happens....the gangster lean is that strange pose that people get when drinking sizzurp

Syrup allows these celebrities to talk about drug use without sounding too out there. I mean come on how many little wayne or bieber fans wanna hear him talk about shooting up on a bus or packing the crack pipe in an alley? But they still want to be cool and edgy.

He talks about more suburban drugs that have a less negative image. Sad thing is that the media likes to blow everything out of proportion. This in turn gives syrup the reputation as a real deal drug instead of a trendy soft drug about as interesting as paint drying compared to real dope. Sad thing is its effective medicine and I don't see it staying around with out some unpleasant additives at the least. You like your sizzurp with tylenol? Cause thanks to wayne that's what we are going to have.

" Diggin in the scene with the Gangsta Lean. Cuz I'm the E, I don't slang or bang. I just smoke mothafuckas like it ain't no thang"

Last edited:
the worst part is that promethazine is a weak anti-psychotic. actually the worst part is the price people are paying for this shit. i could get higher off maybe $10 of dope than that $800 pint. hell i could get higher off the easy-to-get cheratussin AC and a couple benadryls.

Remember kids. Drinking lean may cause you to make terrible music like this.

Remember kids. Drinking lean may cause you to make terrible music like this.

First heard this song last year. Hated the video/song the first time I viewed it.. then loved it the subsequent times I watched it. its so terrible that its entertaining . . And hilarious.. + the hook is catchy.

You're a snot rich celebrity with access to any drug in the world, and you buy cough syrup..absurd.. This phenomenon must be overly sensationalized

Seriously! If I was a celebrity I'd be buying some glass and shooting that shit up and having a jolly good day! Fuck! I wish I was rich lol